Longo hired as OC - Wisconsin

In time for the annual CiS BBQ and fireworks show?
Here's a highlight from last year,

fireworks.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd bet the house there are a lot of folks who look at Miami as a two-decade dumpster fire and respect Josh Gates in the industry.

Successful career thus far at Vanderbilt and Penn State under James Franklin, co-offensive coordinator for a year at Alabama under Saban and three successful years at Michigan before he came south to Miami and found zero success on Mario's staff with Manny's losers.

Fans will **** and moan from their couches—and while I'd like to see Gattis replaced as he appears to be a bad fit at Miami—that doesn't mean his name is sullied in the coaching profession and there would be a lot of staffs who would take this guy in a minute.

Dan Enos landed at Cincinatti as assistant head coach and running backs coach in 2020 and has been Maryland's offensive coordinator the past two seasons, while Mark D'Onofrio did two years at Houston as defensive coordinator after Miami and was Wisconsin's linebackers coach this year.

There's one common suck-factor denominator here with all these coaches and it's been a poorly run Miami program that was penny pinching and not football-centered until last December.
Josh.. c’mon dawg!!
bitch slap slapping GIF

Is just too funny, how these new coaches are hiring quality people right away. But our Head Coach hasn't made a move yet. He must be a member of the Mensa Society, because how in the **** has DION/PRIMETIME hired 2 quality coaches in less than a week at freaking Colorado. Think about that my fellow Canes, he's still sending Gattis/ Steele to go recruit!! What I'm I fu****g MISSING? What's the over and under of wins between Colorado and Canes next year? This should be good.. COMANN MARIO!! GO CANES!
I have no fn clue why Mario hasn’t gotten rid of Gattis yet and pounced on an elite OC with a good scheme and being a good X’s and O’s Guy. This slow play is seriously so confusing and a total mind ****. The only thing I can think of that’s a possibility is Mario already knows who he wants and they are taking the job but he’s waiting on Gattis to find another job so they don’t have to fire him because then they would have to pony up some serious coin for his buyout but if they wait for him to get hired somewhere else they don’t have to pay a buyout and the other school has to pay Miami for his buyout because he is still employed at Miami and has a contract.

I am not 100% sure on the buyout situation with being fired compared to leaving a school where you still have a contract and are breaking the contract instead of the University breaking it so if someone with knowledge of that can please chime in and correct me if I am wrong and shed some light on the matter. We have a ton of idiots on the board but we also have a lot of smart people who know a lot about what’s going so I am calling on the smart people to enlighten the board about this scenario please 🙏!!!!

Advertisement
I'm at the point where an insider could just tell that someone has been hired, but is still coaching.

Advertisement
I'd bet the house there are a lot of folks who look at Miami as a two-decade dumpster fire and respect Josh Gates in the industry.

Successful career thus far at Vanderbilt and Penn State under James Franklin, co-offensive coordinator for a year at Alabama under Saban and three successful years at Michigan before he came south to Miami and found zero success on Mario's staff with Manny's losers.

Fans will **** and moan from their couches—and while I'd like to see Gattis replaced as he appears to be a bad fit at Miami—that doesn't mean his name is sullied in the coaching profession and there would be a lot of staffs who would take this guy in a minute.

Dan Enos landed at Cincinatti as assistant head coach and running backs coach in 2020 and has been Maryland's offensive coordinator the past two seasons, while Mark D'Onofrio did two years at Houston as defensive coordinator after Miami and was Wisconsin's linebackers coach this year.

There's one common suck-factor denominator here with all these coaches and it's been a poorly run Miami program that was penny pinching and not football-centered until last December.

Gattis was a wide receiver coach before Michigan and at Michigan, his first two years were disappointing. Harbaugh took away responsibilities and hired a Co-OC to hold his hand and they had one good year. Michigan was more than happy to let him come to Miami. He’s not getting an FBS OC job if he gets fired from Miami.

Dan Enos made the smart move and took a position under Mike Locksley. The guy whose coat tails he rode at Alabama.

Mark D’Onofrio got fired at Houston and will likely be unemployed again with Jim Leonard moving on from Wisconsin.

Un ironically, this is probably Gattis’ best chance for success. Take a position coaching job under a successful coordinator and hope to ride his coattails to a better job in a few years.

Also, while you were on your “blame Miami, not the terrible coaches” rant you conveniently skipped over the OC Miami hired that had success and actually got a promotion. The reason Miami has failed is because they hired garbage coaches. These guys aren’t garbage coaches because Miami hired them

Advertisement
Bro, this chit is getting frustrating af. I understand the whole turtle & hare race analogy, but we’re in this race like a dead snail vs. a cheetah! These teams aren’t waiting around to make moves. Fck!
mario has a process. impatient fans like us are not the goal of his to please. were also going to prevent it from mvoing faster if we type on a message board that gattis isnt good.

Gattis was a wide receiver coach before Michigan and at Michigan, his first two years were disappointing. Harbaugh took away responsibilities and hired a Co-OC to hold his hand and they had one good year. Michigan was more than happy to let him come to Miami. He’s not getting an FBS OC job if he gets fired from Miami.

Dan Enos made the smart move and took a position under Mike Locksley. The guy whose coat tails he rode at Alabama.

Mark D’Onofrio got fired at Houston and will likely be unemployed again with Jim Leonard moving on from Wisconsin.

Un ironically, this is probably Gattis’ best chance for success. Take a position coaching job under a successful coordinator and hope to ride his coattails to a better job in a few years.

Also, while you were on your “blame Miami, not the terrible coaches” rant you conveniently skipped over the OC Miami hired that had success and actually got a promotion. The reason Miami has failed is because they hired garbage coaches. These guys aren’t garbage coaches because Miami hired them
enos had to become a position coach again at the g5 level (cincy) before his former boss/co-worker gave him an OC role.

mario has a process. impatient fans like us are not the goal of his to please. were also going to prevent it from mvoing faster if we type on a message board that gattis isnt good.
If fans displeased with the speed of the hiring process and venting their frustration on a message board impedes the actual hiring process then Mario and the entire staff are incompetent as all F**K!

Advertisement
Back