lol Kirby Smart

kirby smarts pettiness has reached tiger country

i live in baton rouge, and all the local sports channels talk about is LSU football and the occasional SEC talk

and they were talking about how petty it is for kirby smart to block the transfer of UGA Players to miami

they even called him a scumbag, it was pretty cool

MD, my family in Greenville, SC Clemson alum was telling me the same thing on Clemson sports talk,fans ripping Kirby.

Advertisement
Just turned on Russillo and Kannell real quick. Apparently Greenberg went off on Smart and Mark Emmert about this issue. Kanell agrees as well. Seems like the majority of people agree that this is petty as **** for Smart to do.

The thing is let dudes transfer wherever the **** they want to. If you have to play vs them so ****in be it. If you notice most of the time the good players are not transferring unless something happens.

A coach can jump up and leave and go where he chooses so can the ad but a "student"/athlete can't leave and go to whatever school they choose.

I understand what you are saying but there is a big difference between a HC and AD leaving versus Student Athletes leaving. If a HC and AD leave no big deal you allow people to apply for that one job. However, if you allow Student Athletes to transfer at will then you will expand recruiting. Recruiting will no longer be for just 25 to 30 players each year. You will be recruiting all 85 players each year. It would be as though your entire roster have become free agents at seasons end. It would be open season on everybody's program and there will be a lot of poaching going on. It would be a lot like Dade and Broward high school football times a million.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back