lol Kirby Smart

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Report: Georgia blocks A.J. Turman from transferring to Florida and Miami – CollegeFootballTalk

It happens all the time, and it continues to be one of the more frustrating aspects of college football. Putting restrictions on where a student-athlete may or may not transfer wields unjustifiable power of a college kid’s college options, but that does not stop some programs and coaches from abusing such power. New Georgia head coach Kirby Smart is wasting no time in taking such power with news the Bulldogs have limited the transfer options for outgoing running back A.J. Turman.

According toa report from Seth Emerson of Dawg Nation, Turman is prevented from transferring to either Miami or Florida. Florida, of course, is a division rival of Georgia. Miami is where Turman’s former coach at Georgia, Mark Richt, ended up landing on his feet after being forced out by Georgia. This is a stark contrast from the way transfers used to be handled at Georgia under Richt.

Obviously Florida I get, but Miami?

Advertisement
Report: Georgia blocks A.J. Turman from transferring to Florida and Miami – CollegeFootballTalk

It happens all the time, and it continues to be one of the more frustrating aspects of college football. Putting restrictions on where a student-athlete may or may not transfer wields unjustifiable power of a college kid’s college options, but that does not stop some programs and coaches from abusing such power. New Georgia head coach Kirby Smart is wasting no time in taking such power with news the Bulldogs have limited the transfer options for outgoing running back A.J. Turman.

According toa report from Seth Emerson of Dawg Nation, Turman is prevented from transferring to either Miami or Florida. Florida, of course, is a division rival of Georgia. Miami is where Turman’s former coach at Georgia, Mark Richt, ended up landing on his feet after being forced out by Georgia. This is a stark contrast from the way transfers used to be handled at Georgia under Richt.

Obviously Florida I get, but Miami?

Makes him look small as ****. Richt is already in his head, he wont fill his shoes.

We did the same with storm johnson, my cuz is boys with him, kid really liked richt, kinda messed up that they wont let him atleast come here

Advertisement
Would the kid have even been a take for either school? I recall him being rated pretty high out of high school but did he have concussion issues or something?

Advertisement
if smart were to let him transfer to Miami, don't you think more at Uga would as well? Got to make an example.

if smart were to let him transfer to Miami, don't you think more at Uga would as well? Got to make an example.

Shouldn't of fired their coach .

It's an ******* move period . I get in conference or on future schedule , he's just being a **** with UM.

Pretty sure this was his reasoning. If he transfered to Miami im sure more would as well. Still dumb because we dont play them. Going to being interesting to watch The Kirby Express sink.

Kirby Dumb just showed his pu$$y. Division rival is understandable. The Miami restriction reeks of butt juice.

Advertisement
That was very smart by Smart. Who in their right mind would let a good player go to a rival or to the former HC that recruited him which you replaced?

I don't understand how the school has any authority over where a kid transfer to once he's released from his scholarship.

Advertisement
I do get it. You do not transfer anywhere in conference and come back to hurt me. Miami I get too because there could be 5 others watching how this plays out. Want to go somewhere of the other 100 D1 schools go to it. HC's got to play for keeps. It is why they are paid millions. And it is not to be nice or fair or graduate kids. Those are only mentioned if you win. Go to Junior College like CAM did and then go where you want.

UGA will lose the transfer block on appeal.

There is no reason to block him, and he strongly considered Miami coming out of Boone HS in Orlando, FL.

By doing this Smart will alienate Florida kids. As for what happen to Storm Johnson, that was Randy Shannon being a vindictive because he felt storm didn't give UM a committed 100% effort.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back