lol Kirby Smart

I'm REALLY looking forward to watching UGA struggle without Richt. They were a garbage program before he came there and will return that level sooner than you think. They'll be begging to have Richt back.

this

Advertisement
[B said:
MoroN[/B];2510498]That was very smart by Smart. Who in their right mind would let a good player go to a rival or to the former HC that recruited him which you replaced?

Ahhh I see now!

Rumor Mill – CollegeFootballTalk

After Georgia athletics director Greg McGarity said Friday new Bulldogs head coach Kirby Smart had adjusted the program’s “stance” on unrestricted transfers, Smart confirmed the change on Saturday.

“I wanted to set the precedent for the future that kids would not be able to go to Miami right away,” Smart told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “It’s very important that we understand that, and that’s pretty much standard operating procedure when a coach leaves one place, that a kid can’t go there with the coach. That’s important to me that people understand that.”

I’m sorry, what?

Smart clarified that A.J. Turman, the player at the center of this entire imbroglio, did not actually desire to transfer to Florida or Miami.

“Please understand that A.J. Turman is going to be able to go where he wants to go,” Smart said. “Part of the reason A.J. is leaving is he did not play here. He played two springs here and played pretty good, and we need A.J. Turman on this team. We tried to keep A.J. Turman on this team. But he is not being blocked to where he wants to go. Let’s make that perfectly here.

“Because he did not play here, and the person that was coaching him here is now there at Miami. So that has nothing to do with where he wants to go. He doesn’t want to go to Miami, he’s made that perfectly clear to me.”

But Smart is completely missing the forest for the trees here. Because this is how this story will read to everyone outside Smart’s brain and his employ: Coach who left Alabama for Georgia without penalty halts players from transferring from Georgia to Miami.

It’d be one thing if Mark Richt had left Georgia for Miami on his own, but Georgia fired him. And Miami isn’t on Georgia’s schedule at any point in the foreseeable future.

Smart said that no Georgia players have actually expressed an interest in transferring to Miami. So why the rule then? He says so without saying it here: “Greg (McGarity) realizes that the recruiting world has changed, he’s on the same page with me.”

Reading between the lines here, it appears the potential negative recruiting line of Georgia players bailing on their new coach to play for their old one is the impetus for the rule.

We’ll see if it’s worth the negative recruiting born from this story.

“I wanted to set the precedent for the future that kids would not be able to go to Miami right away,” Smart said. “It’s very important that we understand that, and that’s pretty much standard operating procedure when a coach leaves one place, that a kid can’t go there with the coach. That’s important to me that people understand that.”

What a *****

“I wanted to set the precedent for the future that kids would not be able to go to Miami right away,” Smart said. “It’s very important that we understand that, and that’s pretty much standard operating procedure when a coach leaves one place, that a kid can’t go there with the coach. That’s important to me that people understand that.”

What a *****

Sounds like he may have been worried about several players actually bolting....perhaps he is sending a message
to Sony Michel in particular?

Advertisement
I do get it. You do not transfer anywhere in conference and come back to hurt me. Miami I get too because there could be 5 others watching how this plays out. Want to go somewhere of the other 100 D1 schools go to it. HC's got to play for keeps. It is why they are paid millions. And it is not to be nice or fair or graduate kids. Those are only mentioned if you win. Go to Junior College like CAM did and then go where you want.

Fck that. Coaches get fired and go wherever they want. AND they get paid if they decide not to coach. If a player is released from his scholarship, he should be able to go wherever he wants---even if it's next door.

I think Smart is going to suck at UGA but every coach in his situation would have done the same thing. He has a team of players that committed to Richt and he doesn't want to lose anyone that just wants to follow the coach.

Advertisement

What a *****

Doesn't the kid have any rights, sounds like ownership of the kid by the University, free world my arze.

I think Smart is going to suck at UGA but every coach in his situation would have done the same thing. He has a team of players that committed to Richt and he doesn't want to lose anyone that just wants to follow the coach.

Didn't hear Richt say you can't follow Golden.

Georgia is loaded. Kirby stepping into a great situation and da mane do know how to coach. He'll do aiight.

Did Golden land at another premiere school as the head coach? I'm sure plenty of his former players wouldn't mind following Golden as that would mean they were on an NFL roster.

Edit: For the record, I'm shocked he even got a job. No matter it's on the very bottom rung, but still.

Advertisement

I agree with this, all but Smart is going to suck that is. I think he'll do well, the only question is how well in my mind. I'm not sure you can ever satisfy the masses there and quite frankly if I had been a fan of UGA, I wouldn't have been a fan of Richt during his last several years. I can only hope his departure has reinvigorated him and he can get back to where he once was.

What a *****

Doesn't the kid have any rights, sounds like ownership of the kid by the University, free world my arze.

Is this the first time you've come across college football?

Advertisement
Slave master don't want to lose one of his top 3 slaves

Wow, you're really going to go there?

Here's a question, how many of our student athletes or those at most schools would be at said university without relaxed admissions?

Slave, please....gtfo with that ****.

Did Golden land at another premiere school as the head coach? I'm sure plenty of his former players wouldn't mind following Golden as that would mean they were on an NFL roster.

Edit: For the record, I'm shocked he even got a job. No matter it's on the very bottom rung, but still.

We know the reality, just making a point about out-going fired coaches.

Slave master don't want to lose one of his top 3 slaves

Wow, you're really going to go there?

Here's a question, how many of our student athletes or those at most schools would be at said university without relaxed admissions?

Slave, please....gtfo with that ****.

I wouldn't say slaves. But it's hypocritical as **** that when coaches, mostly white can go wherever they want to, while getting paid, without penalty. While the players, mostly black can't transfer without a stiff penalty. If a coach leaves or is fired the kids he recruited and signed should be able to leave that school without penalty that off season. Would you say the NCAA is completely on the up and up after they tried to fck us by doing unethical sht in our investigation, while nothing happens to the Bamas of the world....fck outta hea.

Advertisement
Back