Lol Jack Daniels lol

60.png
Originally posted by
61.png

Love me some Coach Daniels. One of the best guys I know.

Advertisement
It was widely reported at the time and was in the Herald IIRC. Everyone was ecstatic that Bennet was pushing him to Miami when everyone thought he was going to FSU. Its out there, I don't care to go looking for it. I don't even think its really in dispute.

Because Donnell Bennet made it very public that he was pushing Stacy Coley to Miami, accompanied him on visits to Miami, **** he drove him, and even joked about keeping other schools from talking to Stacy. He flat came out and said he was doing everything in his power to make sure Coley ended up at Miami. For all the **** y'all are talking about Daniels and how biased he is he has never done anything like that. So I take it y'all had a problem with Stacy Coley's recruiting? Or nah?

690.gif

Advertisement
It was widely reported at the time and was in the Herald IIRC. Everyone was ecstatic that Bennet was pushing him to Miami when everyone thought he was going to FSU. Its out there, I don't care to go looking for it. I don't even think its really in dispute.

IIRC, he made it clear he wasn't pushing him to one particular school.. Just bc he had nothing bad to say about Miami & his experience there doesn't mean he was pressuring SC into staying home. (Coley knew he loved UM.. That's the extent of it)

IIRC, he made it clear he wasn't pushing him to one particular school.. Just bc he had nothing bad to say about Miami & his experience there doesn't mean he was pressuring SC into staying home. (Coley knew he loved UM.. That's the extent of it)

Naw he definitely said it would horrible if Coley became a Nole and was trying to help us

Advertisement
Basically he knows deep down Bennett would like him at Miami but knew he'd supporthim wherever he went.

Pretty far stretch from those claiming we were hiring Bennett onto staff bc it was a package deal.

Just an FYI on Coley. Posted by Peter on Signing Day 2013:

---Little note on Coley: His recruitment comes down to one thing, Donnell Bennett. It's not only the fact that Bennett wanted him at Miami, but it's the way everything went down. Going back to his junior year when Stacy was becoming a big name, Miami was not showing much interest. The 'Canes did not offer until this November and Bennett is a big part of why the 'Canes offered. Miami was concerned with grades and other off-field issues, but Bennett worked with Coley and helped him mature throughout the process, which Bennett has told me multiple times when I've spoken to him. If not for Bennett pushing Coley, we would have seen him wearing the Garnett & Gold for the next 3-4 years.

Advertisement
Who claimed that?

About 90% of Canes fans (IIRC) and 100% of Noles (they mad). ****, I kind of thought it too at one point lol.

Oh. Well I don't ever think it was a package deal thing. Bennett is well respected and according to everyone a stand up dude. Nothing shady went on there. But there's no doubt he wanted Coley at Miami and made no secrets about it. At least he was outfront with it, can't be mad at that.

Advertisement
Bennett is well respected and according to everyone a stand up dude. Nothing shady went on there. But there's no doubt he wanted Coley at Miami and made no secrets about it. At least he was outfront with it.

Fair enough. I think I can agree to a lot of that. As for the bold, that's why JD rustles so many jimmies around here.

Bennett is well respected and according to everyone a stand up dude. Nothing shady went on there. But there's no doubt he wanted Coley at Miami and made no secrets about it. At least he was outfront with it.
Fair enough. I think I can agree to a lot of that. As for the bold, that's why JD rustles so many jimmies around here.

Yeah, I'm sure no one's "jimmies" would be rustled if JD openly stated that he didn't want one of his players at UM.

Yeah, I'm sure no one's "jimmies" would be rustled if JD openly stated that he didn't want one of his players at UM.

There would be rustling, but there would be no debate about Daniel's intentions.

Advertisement
Back