Local DT Silvera talks Miami offer (HAS COMMITTED!)

View as article
Advertisement
He seems very fast for his size and doesn't look like he quits on plays, often getting in on the tackle from the backside and even running out to make a tackle on a quick hitch. But my favorite "play" came at about the 5:18 mark. Dude got up in his teammate's face and Nesta said No! That's a Cane thing. Others just wouldn't understand.

this kid is HILARIOUS.

Was my opinion their best ol a year ago. Better than Slaton and Herbert as a soph..they had him at guard next to his bro at center.

I would sit at Heritage games with his mother..she was selling me on him as a dt the whole time. Cause i was bullish over him as an ol...she said hes played dline his whole life and is just playing ol cause of heritage's shortage at the time.

Didnt think he would get an offer this early...but the fam is from the islands...so we got a good chance.

He's a 1tech all the way. He pretty much bull rushes most of the time. Has a skill set we can pair with guys like Ford, Tyriec Martin down the line...he can give what Courtel Jenkins did when his head was on straight..basicially disrupt sh*t. I love it...when i see mom im gon to tell her..keep him home
Thanks for sharing... ps. Give mom a hug!

Advertisement
First thought that popped in my head is he reminded me of C Jenkins in the bowl game. We need players like this. Have to be able to move to two gap at times and as another poster wrote he can collapse the pocket in passing downs. I actually think his step is good enough to be an every down DT paired with a Ford type too.

Nesta got his Miami offer? [MENTION=1279]gogeta4[/MENTION], [MENTION=6030]Ibis Wingz[/MENTION]

8160026381.gif

hey i was waiting on it. When i saw fsu offered..i figured we better hurry up...cause Brian Burns is his boy.

Advertisement
I don't give a dam what they say ....This kid is a legit 5 star if i've ever seen one....When he commits to the U i may have to touch myself ....lol ....He is what we need..Can you imagine him and Norton destroying the offensive line...
dam!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
This guy will have a monster senior season and shoot up the ratings.

Until he commits to us, then he will be a 3 star all of a sudden.

He was #247 on rivals a couple weeks ago but is no longer in the top 250... still a 4 Star though.

twmpc4ucvolkvbisjuga

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/59880

Dropped in rankings? Definitely will be a Cane! Blades dropped in rankings, Cane. This is just how it works.

I don't give a dam what they say ....This kid is a legit 5 star if i've ever seen one....When he commits to the U i may have to touch myself ....lol ....He is what we need..Can you imagine him and Norton destroying the offensive line...
dam!!!!!!!!

Norton is NFL bound next year

Advertisement
Nike Combine at American Heritage 2016-March--Nesta Silvera... DL/OL... 18... FL... American Heritage... 6-1(ht)... 313(wt)... 5.55(40)... 5.27(SS)... 37.0(PB)... 23.9 (vert)... 72.33(SPARQ)

Keys to look for as a defensive linemen are, 1) explosiveness off the line; 2) hands use; 3) leverage; and 4) explosiveness off the line.
Reading that just makes Garvin's name pop in my mind - even though he can use work on #3 .

Lu Garvin had some serious get off in his highlight. Like I mean GET OFF.
Closed to the ball, too. Really looks like a totally overgrown LB with freakish arm length. Really excited about him.

Advertisement
Back