Local DT Silvera talks Miami offer (HAS COMMITTED!)

View as article
Little over 6 feet, about 300 lbs with dancing bear feet and quick closure on the ball. Looks a lot like just about every great DT we ever hand. Need couple more like him. No offense works well when the center and guards are being throw into the backfield.

And if there's one thing a qb hates it isn't as much rush from the edge its the ones up the middle that **** their footwork up

Yeap. It was the true center of our old defenses. It will ruin your day.

Advertisement
If I absolutely have to make a comparison, the closest former 'Cane would be Vince Wilfork. A true 1-technique nosetackle with the ability to control double teams and collapse the pocket. I know, I know. It's totally unfair to a kid to compare him to an all time great. It's just that Miami isn't really known for THAT type of DT. Most of the all timers are three technique guys like Sapp. It's ironic that this kid is what Golden and D'Onofrio had been desperately trying to find but could never land.

Advertisement
If I absolutely have to make a comparison, the closest former 'Cane would be Vince Wilfork. A true 1-technique nosetackle with the ability to control double teams and collapse the pocket. I know, I know. It's totally unfair to a kid to compare him to an all time great. It's just that Miami isn't really known for THAT type of DT. Most of the all timers are three technique guys like Sapp. It's ironic that this kid is what Golden and D'Onofrio had been desperately trying to find but could never land.

Wasn't big Vince like 400 pounds in highschool and had to lose weight in order to come here?

Wasn't big Vince like 400 pounds in highschool and had to lose weight in order to come here?

I do remember Vince having to slim down to get on the field. The comparison is unfair because Vince is one of those once in a lifetime guys who can still be quick and agile at 340 lbs. I'm just saying that Silvera's style is more similar to Vince than Sapp or William Joseph.

Yes please.

Violence, violence and more violence coupled with unbridled enthusiasm and a dash of mean streak.

But Vince didn't have to lose weight to come here. He had to sit out a semester but he was a top rated dlineman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
[TWEET]831563821642895360[/TWEET]

[TWEET]831563549512257536[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good now let's offer Andrew chatfield and get him committed early. Best de in south Florida

Advertisement
Back