List of CBs we could have went after

Advertisement
Staff is weak and what you get when you don’t want to spend the money. Miami has gone cheap compared to big boy football and that’s how you end up with these ****** staffs for the last 15 years. How many times has a coach actually left Miami for a promotion vs leaving/ fired from Miami and taking a major step back in their coaching career? I’ll hang up and listen.

This^^^^, plus our coaches only get fired when there is an actual head coaching change. I think the last coach that was replaced from an existing staff because of performance was Pat Nix. Since then we keep all of our coaches regardless of how poor they perform. Only coaches I can recall getting hired for a promotion was Diaz at Temple and Simpson to the NFL. Kul’s move to Baga was a lateral move as far as he stayed a DL coach at the college level.

This^^^^, plus our coaches only get fired when there is an actual head coaching change. I think the last coach that was replaced from an existing staff because of performance was Pat Nix. Since then we keep all of our coaches regardless of how poor they perform. Only coaches I can recall getting hired for a promotion was Diaz at Temple and Simpson to the NFL. Kul’s move to Baga was a lateral move as far as he stayed a DL coach at the college level.

The rest of the 30 plus staff members have all disappeared. Golden is a TE coach in the NFL haha, Jon Richt is running one on one personal training for high school kids, the list goes on and on. Only Shannon and Coley have stuck around football for real.

Advertisement
You can't say Rumph has no say so in which CB's we recruit while simultaneously giving him credit for landing Bandy, Blades, Ivey, Williams & Couch...

Whoever picked those players & evals is the one who gets the credit then.

i'll give the credit to BANDA...on those since they have already conceded he supercedes Rumph in offers.

Banda is doing 1 **** of a job then.

These dudes would make excuses for Rumph missing on his own son...and find some way to blame it on his baby mama or some other non relevant sh*t.

I gave up on it....as its a lock on the board he is the one person on staff you cant question.

i'll give the credit to BANDA...on those since they have already conceded he supercedes Rumph in offers.

Banda is doing 1 **** of a job then.

These dudes would make excuses for Rumph missing on his own son...and find some way to blame it on his baby mama or some other non relevant sh*t.

I gave up on it....as its a lock on the board he is the one person on staff you cant question.
facts. The notion Banda ca to get guys is retarded and not backed up if u loo up facts..Rumph got Bandy, blades, ivey, couch, Williams..which isn’t bad. But he hasn’t been forgiven for TC, Samuel, Surat in and a few others..this year the South Florida DB class, especially Cover guys is particular weak

Advertisement
The whole Rumph-is-a-great-coach-though angle has been way overstated ever since he's been here. There is a not too much evidence to back that up. And if he were some great coaching technician, he would be able to do at least as good a job as Banda at coaching safety and we wouldn't be the only team wasting a staff spot with 2 secondary coaches.

Both of whom can't recruit to save their lives.

Advertisement
CB recruiting has not been good..here is a list of kids that Miami could have went after:

*Tee Denson (Georgia)
*Darryl Porter (Broward)
*Kendall Dennis (Lakeland)
*T Lee (Georgia)
*Isiah Dunson (Georgia)
*Miles Brooks (Jacksonville)
*DJ Taylor (Tampa)
*Dominick Hill (Orlando)
*Jamal Potts (Palm Beach)
This UM staff led by Diaz is a complete failure, let's not fool ourselves. It's going to get worse before it gets better until we cut ties completely.

Quite a bit of 4star cbs and a safety(Javier Morton) who won’t sign early in the state of Georgia.

Advertisement
You aren't wrong. But if Rumph loves guys like Davis and Samuel so much, then he needs to stick his neck out in those recruiting meetings and sell it to whoever does make the decision. Sell the player to the decision maker, while you sell the player on UM.

Many of us have superiors at work who we need to convince of a particular course of action any given day. Rumph is no different. The problem is, the same personality traits that make him a reluctant salesman to recruits probably make him a reluctant salesman to his superiors.

You provided an example of being at work and trying to sell an idea to your supervisor. How often does that work? Please don’t say often because there is a such thing as micro-managers which is more common than not. What the OP is saying is that there’s a possibility that Rumph is being micromanaged and his influence can only go but so far.

Especially in the world of recruiting. It doesn’t work like that. Specifically with dysfunctional programs. If UM operated in the way you suggested we wouldn’t be 6-6. We would be a winning program. Not saying that coaches should always agree but if Rumoh wanted Asante and Davis; considering that it was a slim chance getting the top prospects but we still slow played them, then maybe he doesn’t have much say.

Advertisement
Back