List of CBs we could have went after

Lmaoo my man you act like I don't agree with you... I'm legit telling you what happens.

You do have to remember this is Rumph school. How you know this isn't his dream job to coach corners at the U? You talking like he's one of these dudes who would want to coach at any slapdick school for a promotion.
But you're acting like Idk what happens either. This ME you're talking to bruh, you think I don't know how CB's get recruited on this team? You think if I didn't know that that wasn't the case that I wouldn't be saying it? Come on man, I ain't no rookie, you know this lol...

So Rumph is okay with having no say in who he gets to coach or recruit & having his evals be completely ignored just because he wants to coach CB's at Miami? That doesn't make a lot of sense man, that's just not plausible.

Rumph has say so in who we recruit, he absolutely does, it's a collaborative effort, all the position coaches has a hand in which players at their position gets offered. It varies from team to team & some staffs do it differently, but most position coaches will have a particular player that they're evaluating & it will be based off of the recruiting board that the staff puts together & that position coach will essentially be assigned to certain prospects based on the region/area they recruit & which player in particular it is. Most of it is decided in congruency together when they're assembling the board & slotting each prospect as to where they value them.

Rarely are a position coach, a coordinator & a HC in super disagreement about a player, a coach can really campaign & pound the table for a specific player he may like based on tape he's seen & his eval, but the majority of the time position coach/coordinator/HC are usually all on the same page on which prospects they want to target & who they're going after.

To say Rumph has no say so in which players they eval & recruit just isn't true, they don't just hand Rumph a sheet & say "you go recruit him", that's not how it works.

Advertisement
I've known some DCs who only went off of their evals only (show me the guy..) - or evals of "people I trust..." I HAVE NO IDEA IF DIAZ IS DOING THIS WITH RUMPH. NONE. I'm not saying it's happening. But, I am saying all position coaches don't have equal ability to recruit who they want.

Rumph was a Richt hire.

Diaz, Banda, and Patke were all butt buddies before coming to Coral Gables. I'm sure Diaz knows that letting Rumph go, and holding on to Patke/Banda would bring a ****-storm - just based off pure optics alone - not to mention their inability to coach worth a fugg. I don't know what's going on. I can't co-sign, "no say.." But, I wouldn't be surprised if butt-buddy Banda has more autonomy simply based on the relationship dynamic...
If that's the case then Rumph doesn't have their respect, they simply overlook & ignore his evals.

Which means he just accepts that & goes along with it either for financial reasons or because he has no backbone.

If Rumph is as good of a CB coach as most believe then he wouldn't just take that, he could easily go elsewhere & be a South Fla Dynamo in recruiting at another program for a staff that would give him more control.

And saying he was a Richt hire means what exactly? Diaz was hired by Richt at the exact same time as Rumph, they've been together the entire time they've been here lol

So Diaz hasn't been the Defensive coordinator since 2016??? Who was then???

So you're also saying that before it was RICHT that chose who he got to recruit & now it's Diaz???

When does Rumph get to pick & eval his own position group???

I'm not getting into this argument but I would like to point out that more than once BrooklynDee said Mike Rumph DIDN'T have final say on who he offered. Richt wouldn't agree to pursue Kelee Ringo two summers ago as one example, and I think Jayden Davis was another. By the time Rumph got the green light it was too late really for both.

I don't think it's that far fetched that Manny is involved.

Advertisement
I'm not getting into this argument but I would like to point out that more than once BrooklynDee said Mike Rumph DIDN'T have final say on who he offered. Richt wouldn't agree to pursue Kelee Ringo two summers ago as one example, and I think Jayden Davis was another. By the time Rumph got the green light it was too late really for both.

I don't think it's that far fetched that Manny is involved.
I never said that Manny wasn't involved, of course he is, he was the DC.

But people are making it seem as though Rumph has no say so whatsoever, which is 100% false.

It's an excuse that people make to absolve him for missing on CB's on the trail, those same people will then turn around in the same sentence & give him credit for the CB's we do land, it's a convenient excuse.

Whenever we miss on a CB it's NOT Rumph's fault, whenever we land one its all because of him...

If Rumph has no say so in which CB's we recruit, then he doesn't get credit when we get a commit from them either.

See how that logic works.

You can't say Rumph has no say so in which CB's we recruit while simultaneously giving him credit for landing Bandy, Blades, Ivey, Williams & Couch...

Whoever picked those players & evals is the one who gets the credit then.

Advertisement
CB recruiting has not been good..here is a list of kids that Miami could have went after:

*Tee Denson (Georgia)
*Darryl Porter (Broward)
*Kendall Dennis (Lakeland)
*T Lee (Georgia)
*Isiah Dunson (Georgia)
*Miles Brooks (Jacksonville)
*DJ Taylor (Tampa)
*Dominick Hill (Orlando)
*Jamal Potts (Palm Beach)
We went after Dennis and Hill but they didn't show any interest. We could have had Brooks but the staff never offered, and the rest I can't call it.

As for as Dennis goes the staff should have reached back out to him after the Clemson thing fell apart (maybe they did but know has been reported on it).

We went after Dennis and Hill but they didn't show any interest. We could have had Brooks but the staff never offered, and the rest I can't call it.

As for as Dennis goes the staff should have reached back out to him after the Clemson thing fell apart (maybe they did but know has been reported on it).

Dennis showed up at FSU today for an OV. They weren't expecting him - he was supposedly visiting somewhere else. Chris Nee on the Noles 247 board said word was Dennis told OU he was going there. Seems to be something up - maybe OU has no room now, too......

But Dennis is at FSU....

Dennis has gone from an Auburn lean to Clemson to OU
lean in less than 10 days and now he is in Tally on an OV and our hat ain’t getting thrown in the ring? Did we drop the ball or does he just have no real interest in Miami?

Why would he want to stay at a job where he has no say so in what he actually does as a coach?

The man won National championships in college & was a 1st round draft pick in the NFL & made millions. but he's going to stay at a job for 5 years where a DC/LB coach & his Bartender friend who have less experience & less cache coaching HIS position group get to make all his decisions for him?

So Rumph given his career accolades has no respect from two dudes that haven't done half of what he's done in his career & don't allow him to recruit players he wants & Rumph just accepts that???

Come on man, you're not that dumb I know you're not... Nobody is.
Unfortunately people are that dumb.

Advertisement
Man a lot of y’all bytching at LCE and making excuses for Rumph have to understand, DB recruiting should never be a problem for the university of Miami or any school in the state of Florida. The sheer crop of talent for skill positions in Florida is not matched anywhere in this country. Period point blank, Midwest states hit on O-line, Texas and California hit on QBs. Florida has WR, RB and DBs on lock. And now the issue with Rumph seem to be that he can’t hit on any talent in his backyard when it used to be that he couldn’t hit on the top target. He’s making DB coach salary so he must be held accountable, he needs to recruit and produce results period. Same goes for that Bartender Banda.

I find it odd that the coach who has no say in who he recruits tends to mostly offer players that most resemble him as a player.

Advertisement
CB recruiting has not been good..here is a list of kids that Miami could have went after:

*Tee Denson (Georgia)
*Darryl Porter (Broward)
*Kendall Dennis (Lakeland)
*T Lee (Georgia)
*Isiah Dunson (Georgia)
*Miles Brooks (Jacksonville)
*DJ Taylor (Tampa)
*Dominick Hill (Orlando)
*Jamal Potts (Palm Beach)

T.Lee wasn't coming

Name them, who are the coaches still making evaluations for their position coach after 5 years on the job

Move along.
If that's the case then Rumph doesn't have their respect, they simply overlook & ignore his evals.

Which means he just accepts that & goes along with it either for financial reasons or because he has no backbone.

If Rumph is as good of a CB coach as most believe then he wouldn't just take that, he could easily go elsewhere & be a South Fla Dynamo in recruiting at another program for a staff that would give him more control.

And saying he was a Richt hire means what exactly? Diaz was hired by Richt at the exact same time as Rumph, they've been together the entire time they've been here lol

I’ll repeat - I don’t know what’s happening in Coral Gables in regards to personnel Evals. I just don’t. Read what I wrote. I Just drew a comparison to situations I’ve personally seen or have been told about in the past. It isn’t abnormal in CFB for position coaches to have to get Eval approval.

You’re more than smart enough to differentiate between Diaz’s relationship with the other two versus his relationship with Mike Rumph - even though they were hired at the same time.

Also consider this, when Diaz was on his way out - who were they going to promote? Who were the two guys who were named Co-defensive coordinators? Again I don’t know what’s going on in Coral Gables. But I’m not opposed to drawing rational conclusions when they present themselves. I can’t do that in the situation. Because I don’t know what I don’t know. But anyone saying that Mike doesn’t have total control of his own recruiting wouldn’t sound foreign to me.

Lmao @ people thinking the CB coach has no say in which CB's we recruit.

The way yall kiss up & Defend certain coaches is laughable.

If Rumph has no control over which CB's we recruit then why TF is he even here on staff? And why is he the only coach that has no control over his own position group? How TF does that work?

So you mean to tell me he's just collecting a check & has NO responsibility to recruit at all?

You fools will spin & figure out anyway you can to defend coaches on this staff for their failures.

I don't dislike Rumph at all, he's a good dude, but the fact is he's not a good recruiter, he just isn't, there's no arguing it. Does that mean he should be fired, Idk, but you're really sitting here trying to justify all his years of misses & passing it all off on Diaz & Banda you're straight up slurping, that's just what it is.

Banda has missed a lot too, he deserves just as much criticism as anybody else does, same with Patke he's a pure sh*t recruiter. Idgaf who it is, if they don't do they're JOB which is to Coach ANDDDDDDDD recruit, then Ima call a spade a spade & just say what it is. Diaz isn't a great recruiter either, his LB recruiting over the past 4 years has been horrid, with only landing 2 good promising prospects.

We're in year 5 of Rumph's tenure & people are still making lame excuses for his annual constant misses on the trail, he's a good CB & a below average recruiter, it's okay to acknowledge that.
You have defiantly covered everything on this matter that could possibly be covered of every example. I lost faith in Rumph when he could not even sign two of the best players in the country that just played for him in high school. A colossal failure like the rest of these imbecile coRches. Thank you for your time and great write ups on the team and recruiting.

Why did Diaz keep him then?

I think you’re being disingenuous brother. You know **** well that Diaz cannot fire him without cause. He has not performed any more poorly than the other two butt buddies. Singling out Mike would bring on a **** storm because he is a CANE - and the other two are dish washing soldiers.

Advertisement
Back