List of CBs we could have went after

deerob305

Junior
CB recruiting has not been good..here is a list of kids that Miami could have went after:

*Tee Denson (Georgia)
*Darryl Porter (Broward)
*Kendall Dennis (Lakeland)
*T Lee (Georgia)
*Isiah Dunson (Georgia)
*Miles Brooks (Jacksonville)
*DJ Taylor (Tampa)
*Dominick Hill (Orlando)
*Jamal Potts (Palm Beach)

Advertisement
Did we recruit Kendall Dennis? He’s been crystal balled to Clemson & now Oklahoma!

We did early. He was offered by Clemson and was ready to commit but Clemson said Nay Nay. After that is when he started getting CB’s to OU. Don’t know how long OU was recruiting him.

Advertisement
Our CB/S recruiting has been just as confusing as our Oline recruiting.

The public information we hear as fans on recruiting of those spots has been nonsensical.

They locked in early on some top dogs and the scramble late has been horrendous. They appear to be getting rejected in the week before early signing day by plan C and plan D guys.

I’m confused why you all think rumph has so much say so in who they decide to turn the heat on or not. Remember the Asante Samuel recruitment or Jaden davis last cycle? Rumph wanted both early on but Diaz was not feeling them but tried to recruit them right before early signing day and then before Davis committed to Oklahoma.

I’m confused why you all think rumph has so much say so in who they decide to turn the heat on or not. Remember the Asante Samuel recruitment or Jaden davis last cycle? Rumph wanted both early on but Diaz was not feeling them but tried to recruit them right before early signing day and then before Davis committed to Oklahoma.
Enough giving Rumph a pass. Dude sucks and bartender is just as bad.

Advertisement
Y'all give Rumph alot of shiit but he doesn't have freedom to pick and choose who HE wants to recruit. Banda is the head DB coach. They tell him who they want to recruit. Y'all notice there's 20 safety targets every year but barely any CB recruiting.

If it was up to Rumph we'd have Asante too just an fyi...

Banda single handedly messed up the 2018 DB class

We had commits from (target was 7 total DBs, would make space for 8)
Gilly
Ivey
Blades
Jobe (knew we had slim chances of keeping him)
Gurvan

Top targets were
1.Tyson
2. Pat

Offered Nigel bethel in camp because he balled. Keidron has a monster camp and senior season at Oxbridge but DOESNT offer (even though they thought he could have potentially the highest ceiling) because wanted to wait on Tyson and Pat.. And doesn't recruit Asante for the same reason. Asante and his people were asking for Miami to recruit him. Now I'm all for going after the top dogs but you were going to have space anyway. Instead you take Bethel. So knowing you had a slim chance to keep Jobe, get Tyson and Pat.. the DB class could have had additions of Keidron at Safety and Asante at CB.. We'd be in a much better position with depth

Y'all give Rumph alot of shiit but he doesn't have freedom to pick and choose who HE wants to recruit. Banda is the head DB coach. They tell him who they want to recruit. Y'all notice there's 20 safety targets every year but barely any CB recruiting.

Gilly
Ivey
Blades
Gurvan

Top targets were
1.Tyson
2. Pat

Offered Nigel bethel in camp because he balled. Keidron has a monster camp and senior season at Oxbridge but DOESNT offer (even though they thought he could have potentially the highest ceiling) because wanted to wait on Tyson and Pat.. And doesn't recruit Asante for the same reason. Asante and his people were asking for Miami to recruit him. Now I'm all for going after the top dogs but you were going to have space anyway. Instead you take Bethel. So knowing you had a slim chance to keep Jobe, get Tyson and Pat.. the DB class could have had additions of Keidron at Safety and Asante at CB.. We'd be in a much better position with depth
I don't believe that he doesn't have the ability to choose and Manny's decision is all world. If you think a recruit can Play UM, do your best to convince Manny that this guy is legit and I think he can be a star here.

I don't believe that he doesn't have the ability to choose and Manny's decision is all world. If you think a recruit can Play UM, do your best to convince Manny that this guy is legit and I think he can be a star here.
Or there's such thing as a hierarchy in CFB staffs.. not every staff and every coach have the same ability to recruit and offer who they want

Or there's such thing as a hierarchy in CFB staffs.. not every staff and every coach have the same ability to recruit and offer who they want

You aren't wrong. But if Rumph loves guys like Davis and Samuel so much, then he needs to stick his neck out in those recruiting meetings and sell it to whoever does make the decision. Sell the player to the decision maker, while you sell the player on UM.

Many of us have superiors at work who we need to convince of a particular course of action any given day. Rumph is no different. The problem is, the same personality traits that make him a reluctant salesman to recruits probably make him a reluctant salesman to his superiors.

Advertisement
You aren't wrong. But if Rumph loves guys like Davis and Samuel so much, then he needs to stick his neck out in those recruiting meetings and sell it to whoever does make the decision. Sell the player to the decision maker, while you sell the player on UM.

Many of us have superiors at work who we need to convince of a particular course of action any given day. Rumph is no different. The problem is, the same personality traits that make him a reluctant salesman to recruits probably make him a reluctant salesman to his superiors.
For sure but you can't hold that against him because he's not a "salesman". Not every person has that salesmen mentality. Kids love Rumph because his ability to relate and build relationships.

We're talking about our DB recruiting. Not our corner coaching. If he had full control of who he brings in the CB room then that's a different story.

Gilly
Ivey
Blades
Gurvan

Top targets were
1.Tyson
2. Pat

And that right there would be the biggest joke ever, that the bartender who who played and coached at Incarnate Word and was nothing more than a GA anywhere before Manny decided to be his BBF has the ultimate say on staff which DBs to offer.

Advertisement
Lmao @ people thinking the CB coach has no say in which CB's we recruit.

The way yall kiss up & Defend certain coaches is laughable.

If Rumph has no control over which CB's we recruit then why TF is he even here on staff? And why is he the only coach that has no control over his own position group? How TF does that work?

So you mean to tell me he's just collecting a check & has NO responsibility to recruit at all?

You fools will spin & figure out anyway you can to defend coaches on this staff for their failures.

I don't dislike Rumph at all, he's a good dude, but the fact is he's not a good recruiter, he just isn't, there's no arguing it. Does that mean he should be fired, Idk, but you're really sitting here trying to justify all his years of misses & passing it all off on Diaz & Banda you're straight up slurping, that's just what it is.

Banda has missed a lot too, he deserves just as much criticism as anybody else does, same with Patke he's a pure sh*t recruiter. Idgaf who it is, if they don't do they're JOB which is to Coach ANDDDDDDDD recruit, then Ima call a spade a spade & just say what it is. Diaz isn't a great recruiter either, his LB recruiting over the past 4 years has been horrid, with only landing 2 good promising prospects.

We're in year 5 of Rumph's tenure & people are still making lame excuses for his annual constant misses on the trail, he's a good CB & a below average recruiter, it's okay to acknowledge that.

Last edited:
Why would he stay on a staff for 5 ****** years that doesn't allow him to recruit who he wants?

He doesn't have Diaz's respect enough to where he can't recruit the player he wants?

What you're basically saying is he's being forced to go against his own judgment/evals & recruit players he might not even like or want all because Diaz or Banda says so...

Why. Would. He. Do. That?????????

For sure but you can't hold that against him because he's not a "salesman". Not every person has that salesmen mentality. Kids love Rumph because his ability to relate and build relationships.

We're talking about our DB recruiting. Not our corner coaching. If he had full control of who he brings in the CB room then that's a different story.

Purely as a technical coach, I like Rumph. I've defended him in the past, mostly because people here tend to exaggerate his failures and diminish his successes. Right now, Rumph doesn't even make my top 5 list of UM coaches that need the boot (he's behind Enos, Barry, Patke, Banda, and Baker). And I agree that he might actually do better with more say-so in the timing of offers (because the timing of some of these offers in general has been poor).

But he's got to improve his salesmanship, man. It's just part of being a position coach at a P5 program. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major program.

Lmao @ people thinking the CB coach has no say in which CB's we recruit.

The way yall kiss up & Defend certain coaches is laughable.

If Rumph has no control over which CB's we recruit then why TF is he even here on staff? And why is he the only coach that has no control over his own position group? How TF does that work?

So you mean to tell me he's just collecting a check & has NO responsibility to recruit at all?

You fools will spin & figure out anyway you can to defend coaches on this staff for their failures.

I don't dislike Rumph at all, he's a good dude, but the fact is he's not a good recruiter, he just isn't, there's no arguing it. Does that mean he should be fired, Idk, but you're really sitting here trying to justify all his years of misses & passing it all off on Diaz & Banda you're straight up slurping, that's just what it is.

Banda has missed a lot too, he deserves just as much criticism as anybody else does, same with Patke he's a pure sh*t recruiter. Idgaf who it is, if they don't do they're JOB which is to Coach ANDDDDDDDD recruit, then Ima call a spade a spade & just say what it is. Diaz isn't a great recruiter either, his KB recruiting over the past 4 years has been horrid, with only landing 2 good promising prospects.

We're in year 5 of Rumph's tenure & people are still making lame excuses for his annual constant misses on the trail, he's a good CB & a below average recruiter, it's okay to acknowledge that.

Exactly

Advertisement
Back