List of CBs we could have went after

Why would he stay on a staff for 5 ****** years that doesn't allow him to recruit who he wants?

He doesn't have Diaz's respect enough to where he can't recruit the player he wants?

What you're basically saying is he's being forced to go against his own judgment/evals & recruit players he might not even like or want all because Diaz or Banda says so...

Why. Would. He. Do. That?????????
Lol... because the CB coach at Miami makes more than the head coach at American Heritage 🤦🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
And that right there would be the biggest joke ever, that the bartender who who played and coached at Incarnate Word and was nothing more than a GA anywhere before Manny decided to be his BBF has the ultimate say on staff which DBs to offer.
I wish I was joking 🤷🏽‍♂️

Lmao @ people thinking the CB coach has no say in which CB's we recruit.

The way yall kiss up & Defend certain coaches is laughable.

If Rumph has no control over which CB's we recruit then why TF is he even here on staff? And why is he the only coach that has no control over his own position group? How TF does that work?

So you mean to tell me he's just collecting a check & has NO responsibility to recruit at all?

You fools will spin & figure out anyway you can to defend coaches on this staff for their failures.

I don't dislike Rumph at all, he's a good dude, but the fact is he's not a good recruiter, he just isn't, there's no arguing it. Does that mean he should be fired, Idk, but you're really sitting here trying to justify all his years of misses & passing it all off on Diaz & Banda you're straight up slurping, that's just what it is.

Banda has missed a lot too, he deserves just as much criticism as anybody else does, same with Patke he's a pure sh*t recruiter. Idgaf who it is, if they don't do they're JOB which is to Coach ANDDDDDDDD recruit, then Ima call a spade a spade & just say what it is. Diaz isn't a great recruiter either, his KB recruiting over the past 4 years has been horrid, with only landing 2 good promising prospects.

We're in year 5 of Rumph's tenure & people are still making lame excuses for his annual constant misses on the trail, he's a good CB & a below average recruiter, it's okay to acknowledge that.
A-f*ckin-men.

I actually like what Rumph has done with some of the "talent" he's had. Corn and M. Jackson are two players he got a lot out of here but didn't end up doing sh*t in the NFL. Bandy has played well enough but don't think he'll do much in the NFL either.

The problem is he can't recruit to save his life. If he had higher end talent then I think he could produce some decent NFL players. But he can't. So he's trash.

Lmao @ people thinking the CB coach has no say in which CB's we recruit.

The way yall kiss up & Defend certain coaches is laughable.

If Rumph has no control over which CB's we recruit then why TF is he even here on staff? And why is he the only coach that has no control over his own position group? How TF does that work?

So you mean to tell me he's just collecting a check & has NO responsibility to recruit at all?

You fools will spin & figure out anyway you can to defend coaches on this staff for their failures.

I don't dislike Rumph at all, he's a good dude, but the fact is he's not a good recruiter, he just isn't, there's no arguing it. Does that mean he should be fired, Idk, but you're really sitting here trying to justify all his years of misses & passing it all off on Diaz & Banda you're straight up slurping, that's just what it is.

Banda has missed a lot too, he deserves just as much criticism as anybody else does, same with Patke he's a pure sh*t recruiter. Idgaf who it is, if they don't do they're JOB which is to Coach ANDDDDDDDD recruit, then Ima call a spade a spade & just say what it is. Diaz isn't a great recruiter either, his LB recruiting over the past 4 years has been horrid, with only landing 2 good promising prospects.

We're in year 5 of Rumph's tenure & people are still making lame excuses for his annual constant misses on the trail, he's a good CB & a below average recruiter, it's okay to acknowledge that.
I could careless who coaches what and who recruits who as long as we're recruiting and winning. There's no slurping for pointing out a fact. I don't have no allegiance or favorite to anyone on staff.

Your response is completely speculative on what YOU think happens.

Advertisement
He couldn't get a job Coaching CB's at another program?

So you're saying he's in it just for the money?
I'm not saying he couldn't. I'm saying how do you know he wants too? You just said why would he stay like his previous position wasn't a HC at a high scool... Him and his family live/lived in Pembroke Pines and they have been since his NFL career ended.

I could careless who coaches what and who recruits who as long as we're recruiting and winning. There's no slurping for pointing out a fact. I don't have no allegiance or favorite to anyone on staff.

Your response is completely speculative on what YOU think happens.
No it's not, it's based on exactly what happens.

The CORNERBACKS COACH HAS NO SAY IN WHICH CORNERBACKS ARE RECRUITED???

Then why would Diaz even have Rumph as the CB's Coach if it's all just based on he & Banda's evals?

Why not just make Banda the CB coach or the overall DB's coach? Why even have 2 Defensive Backs coaches on staff if one of them isn't even allowed to make his own evals & recruit who he wants???

If Diaz trusts Banda's evals over Rumph's then why would he keep him on staff for 5 years???

I get that some of y’all like some coaches way more than others, everybody does. But let’s be honest no coach on the defensive side of the ball have lived up to the standard that we should have here. Secondary recruiting has been an issue for years. Even the year we landed multiple 4 star kids, we missed on the real prizes.

This year has been complete negligence. Changes have to be made. If coaches can’t make their own choices on who to offer then they don’t deserve to be on staff. Period. How can you employ someone you have to baby sit? And IMO Rumph isn’t the only one who needs to go.

Advertisement

Then why would Diaz even have Rumph as the CB's Coach if it's all just based on he & Banda's evals?

Why not just make Banda the CB coach or the overall DB's coach? Why even have 2 Defensive Backs coaches on staff if one of them isn't even allowed to make his own evals & recruit who he wants???

If Diaz trusts Banda's evals over Rumph's then why would he keep him on staff for 5 years???
My man. Diaz has been the HC for one year....

Richt brought him in. Why wouldn't you have two DB coaches now that you can have more on the field position coaches. Can Rumph definitely improve? Of course he can but y'all think he can go and choose whoever he wants y'all bugging lol

I'm not saying he couldn't. I'm saying how do you know he wants too? You just said why would he stay like his previous position wasn't a HC at a high scool... Him and his family live/lived in Pembroke Pines and they have been since his NFL career ended.
Why would he want to stay at a job where he has no say so in what he actually does as a coach?

The man won National championships in college & was a 1st round draft pick in the NFL & made millions. but he's going to stay at a job for 5 years where a DC/LB coach & his Bartender friend who have less experience & less cache coaching HIS position group get to make all his decisions for him?

So Rumph given his career accolades has no respect from two dudes that haven't done half of what he's done in his career & don't allow him to recruit players he wants & Rumph just accepts that???

Come on man, you're not that dumb I know you're not... Nobody is.

My man. Diaz has been the HC for one year....

Richt brought him in. Why wouldn't you have two DB coaches now that you can have more on the field position coaches. Can Rumph definitely improve? Of course he can but y'all think he can go and choose whoever he wants y'all bugging lol
So Diaz hasn't been the Defensive coordinator since 2016??? Who was then???

So you're also saying that before it was RICHT that chose who he got to recruit & now it's Diaz???

When does Rumph get to pick & eval his own position group???

Why would he want to stay at a job where he has no say so in what he actually does as a coach?

The man won National championships in college & was a 1st round draft pick in the NFL & made millions. but he's going to stay at a job for 5 years where a DC/LB coach & his Bartender friend who have less experience & less cache coaching HIS position group get to make all his decisions for him?

So Rumph given his career accolades has no respect from two dudes that haven't done half of what he's done in his career & don't allow him to recruit players he wants & Rumph just accepts that???

Lmaoo my man you act like I don't agree with you... I'm legit telling you what happens.

You do have to remember this is Rumph school. How you know this isn't his dream job to coach corners at the U? You talking like he's one of these dudes who would want to coach at any slapdick school for a promotion.

Advertisement

It doesn’t make any sense. Like Rumph is gonna listen to a film editor from ESPN on every little thing he's allowed to do. Manny doesn’t understand half of what Rumph does about this program or the CB position and never will. The truth is the guy is doing the best he can and it’s not nearly good enough.

So Diaz hasn't been the Defensive coordinator since 2016??? Who was then???

So you're also saying that before it was RICHT that chose who he got to recruit & now it's Diaz???

When does Rumph get to pick & eval his own position group???
Bro what are you saying 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️😂

Advertisement

I've known some DCs who only went off of their evals only (show me the guy..) - or evals of "people I trust..." I HAVE NO IDEA IF DIAZ IS DOING THIS WITH RUMPH. NONE. I'm not saying it's happening. But, I am saying all position coaches don't have equal ability to recruit who they want.

Rumph was a Richt hire.

Diaz, Banda, and Patke were all butt buddies before coming to Coral Gables. I'm sure Diaz knows that letting Rumph go, and holding on to Patke/Banda would bring a ****-storm - just based off pure optics alone - not to mention their inability to coach worth a fugg. I don't know what's going on. I can't co-sign, "no say.." But, I wouldn't be surprised if butt-buddy Banda has more autonomy simply based on the relationship dynamic...

Last edited:
I've known some DCs who only went off of their evals only (show me the guy..) - or evals of "people I trust..." I HAVE NO IDEA IF DIAZ IS DOING THIS WITH RUMPH. NONE. I'm not saying it's happening. But, I am saying all position coaches don't have equal ability to recruit who they want.

Rumph was a Richt hire.

Diaz, Banda, and Patke were all butt buddies before coming to Coral Gables. I'm sure Diaz knows that letting Rumph go, and holding on to Patke/Banda would bring a ****-storm - just based off pure optics alone - not to mention their inability to coach worth a fugg. I don't know what's going on. I can't co-sign, "no say.." But, I wouldn't be surprised if butt-buddy Banda has more autonomy simply based on the relationship dynamic...

Name them, who are the coaches still making evaluations for their position coach after 5 years on the job

Advertisement
Back