List of CBs we could have went after

Move along.

Solid list. If you want to be the guy who throws statements around. You should expect to defend them.

It doesn’t happen. Maybe in year 1 or 2, not year 5.

Rumph saw a shrink because he couldn’t recruit. Time for people to start facing the truth and stop trying to find some obscure comparable situation.

Advertisement
I never said that Manny wasn't involved, of course he is, he was the DC.

But people are making it seem as though Rumph has no say so whatsoever, which is 100% false.

It's an excuse that people make to absolve him for missing on CB's on the trail, those same people will then turn around in the same sentence & give him credit for the CB's we do land, it's a convenient excuse.

Whenever we miss on a CB it's NOT Rumph's fault, whenever we land one its all because of him...

If Rumph has no say so in which CB's we recruit, then he doesn't get credit when we get a commit from them either.

See how that logic works.

Thats not what you’re getting from me.

Move along.

I’ll repeat - I don’t know what’s happening in Coral Gables in regards to personnel Evals. I just don’t. Read what I wrote. I Just drew a comparison to situations I’ve personally seen or have been told about in the past. It isn’t abnormal in CFB for position coaches to have to get Eval approval.

You’re more than smart enough to differentiate between Diaz’s relationship with the other two versus his relationship with Mike Rumph - even though they were hired at the same time.

Also consider this, when Diaz was on his way out - who were they going to promote? Who were the two guys who were named Co-defensive coordinators? Again I don’t know what’s going on in Coral Gables. But I’m not opposed to drawing rational conclusions when they present themselves. I can’t do that in the situation. Because I don’t know what I don’t know. But anyone saying that Mike doesn’t have total control of his own recruiting wouldn’t sound foreign to me.
If Mike has no say so or no input in CB recruiting as the CB's coach then he should go somewhere where he does.

If I was Mike given the career accolades that he's accomplished, I for **** sure wouldn't go along with just letting Diaz & Banda have total autonomy over my evals & my recruiting. I would have enough pride to know that after 4 years I've had enough of not being respected by two coaches that don't know half of what I know about CB coaching constantly overruling & denying my evals... But that's just me.

I mean, South Fla DB coaches are a premium in the coaching world, every program wants a coach with a connection to South Fla scene to make it easier for them to land kids, if I'm Rumph I would've been went somewhere where they respected me more than Diaz & Banda do.

And if Diaz & Banda have so little respect for him where they don't let him recruit or eval his own position group then I would have to question why Diaz would even keep him on staff, he's basically saying I don't trust your evals or your recruiting ability, but I want you here to just coach whoever me & Banda give you.

**** shame if that's the case, especially after 5 years now too.

Solid list. If you want to be the guy who throws statements around. You should expect to defend them.

It doesn’t happen. Maybe in year 1 or 2, not year 5.

Rumph saw a shrink because he couldn’t recruit. Time for people to start facing the truth and stop trying to find some obscure comparable situation.

He could still suck *** - as a salesman AND not have the autonomy to offer who he likes. As I said, I don’t know if this is the case. But, it isn’t abnormal. It’s ok. You just don’t know what you don’t know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think you’re being disingenuous brother. You know **** well that Diaz cannot fire him without cause. He has not performed any more poorly than the other two butt buddies. Singling out Mike would bring on a **** storm because he is a CANE - and the other two are dish washing soldiers.
He fired the entire offensive staff when he became HC, he could've fired any other coaches he wanted.

And what **** storm would it cause? From who? Who would be mad that Diaz replaced Rumph, he's the HC it's his decision as to who's on his staff.

Where would the backlash be coming from? Kids? The same kids that don't sign with us? High school coaches? Fans? Certainly not the administration, they give Diaz full control of the program, we all know Blake James doesn't get involved in that, so who is exactly would've been upset if Diaz fired him? Alumni?

So Richt & Diaz didn't let Rumph eval & recruit his own position group, and now that Diaz is HC he & Banda don't let him eval & recruit CB's either, but Diaz decided to keep him on staff because of fear of backlash if he fired him?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me... Maybe Diaz kept Rumph on because he wants him here to coach & recruit CB's, because you know... That's his job, as the CB coach.

If Mike has no say so or no input in CB recruiting as the CB's coach then he should go somewhere where he does.

If I was Mike given the career accolades that he's accomplished, I for **** sure wouldn't go along with just letting Diaz & Banda have total autonomy over my evals & my recruiting. I would have enough pride to know that after 4 years I've had enough of not being respected by two coaches that don't know half of what I know about CB coaching constantly overruling & denying my evals... But that's just me.

I mean, South Fla DB coaches are a premium in the coaching world, every program wants a coach with a connection to South Fla scene to make it easier for them to land kids, if I'm Rumph I would've been went somewhere where they respected me more than Diaz & Banda do.

And if Diaz & Banda have so little respect for him where they don't let him recruit or eval his own position group then I would have to question why Diaz would even keep him on staff, he's basically saying I don't trust your evals or your recruiting ability, but I want you here to just coach whoever me & Banda give you.

**** shame if that's the case, especially after 5 years now too.

I feel ya. But, he’s a CANE. Might be thinking that he won’t let a dish washer force him from his home.

He fired the entire offensive staff when he became HC, he could've fired any other coaches he wanted.

And what **** storm would it cause? From who? Who would be mad that Diaz replaced Rumph, he's the HC it's his decision as to who's on his staff.

Where would the backlash be coming from? Kids? The same kids that don't sign with us? High school coaches? Fans? Certainly not the administration, they give Diaz full control of the program, we all know Blake James doesn't get involved in that, so who is exactly would've been upset if Diaz fired him? Alumni?

So Richt & Diaz didn't let Rumph eval & recruit his own position group, and now that Diaz is HC he & Banda don't let him eval & recruit CB's either, but Diaz decided to keep him on staff because of fear of backlash if he fired him?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me... Maybe Diaz kept Rumph on because he wants him here to coach & recruit CB's, because you know... That's his job, as the CB coach.

To arbitrarily fire Rumph with the offensive staff - and keep Patke and Banda - would definitely have brought backlash from Hurricane greats. Without a doubt. Come on, bruh. That wouldn’t fly. Because those two suck monkey nuts and it would show clear favoritism.

this entire coaching staff needs to be freshened up

not going to get into the obvious on offense...

But

patke is worthless coaching and recruiting

baker has proven to be worthless coaching (didn’t have anyone besides a fugging walk on white boy to back up pink) and sucks at recruiting

stroud is suspect in him not starting Greg week 1 and recruiting has been fine but I’m wondering if it wasn’t made easy for him since Jess left him in a great spot with tons of quality kids... even turning down a Jalyen Harrell freaky 4star

Rumph can coach but fugging awful at recruiting... gives coach Kool a run for his money on straight negligence at time not getting it done

Banda the 2nd half to the DB room... seems to routinely strike out on his top targets.... seems to be average at best as a coach... and is a ****** in my eyes for his twitter post bashing fans for rightly bashing on knowles whose been a bum since day 1

your entire defensive staff sucks... yet they all got retained because their YES MEN!

Advertisement
I feel ya. But, he’s a CANE. Might be thinking that he won’t let a dish washer force him from his home.
He won't let a dishwasher force him from his home, but he will let that same dishwasher dictate who he evals & recruits?

Interesting dichotomy.

That's part of the problem right there, bro. P5 programs all want DB coaches connected to South Florida for access to recruits. But all Rumph's shown the last 4 years is that even when he has all the access in the world, he struggles mightily to close.

If he was fired tomorrow, he'd get picked up, for sure. But I wouldn't bet on it being a better job than UM.

To arbitrarily fire Rumph with the offensive staff - and keep Patke and Banda - would definitely have brought backlash from Hurricane greats. Without a doubt. Come on, bruh. That wouldn’t fly. Because those two suck monkey nuts and it would show clear favoritism.
So he kept him on staff because he didn't wanna make former Cane alumni mad?

Interesting...

Lmao @ people thinking the CB coach has no say in which CB's we recruit.

The way yall kiss up & Defend certain coaches is laughable.

If Rumph has no control over which CB's we recruit then why TF is he even here on staff? And why is he the only coach that has no control over his own position group? How TF does that work?

So you mean to tell me he's just collecting a check & has NO responsibility to recruit at all?

You fools will spin & figure out anyway you can to defend coaches on this staff for their failures.

I don't dislike Rumph at all, he's a good dude, but the fact is he's not a good recruiter, he just isn't, there's no arguing it. Does that mean he should be fired, Idk, but you're really sitting here trying to justify all his years of misses & passing it all off on Diaz & Banda you're straight up slurping, that's just what it is.

Banda has missed a lot too, he deserves just as much criticism as anybody else does, same with Patke he's a pure sh*t recruiter. Idgaf who it is, if they don't do they're JOB which is to Coach ANDDDDDDDD recruit, then Ima call a spade a spade & just say what it is. Diaz isn't a great recruiter either, his LB recruiting over the past 4 years has been horrid, with only landing 2 good promising prospects.

We're in year 5 of Rumph's tenure & people are still making lame excuses for his annual constant misses on the trail, he's a good CB & a below average recruiter, it's okay to acknowledge that.

Staff is weak and what you get when you don’t want to spend the money. Miami has gone cheap compared to big boy football and that’s how you end up with these ****** staffs for the last 15 years. How many times has a coach actually left Miami for a promotion vs leaving/ fired from Miami and taking a major step back in their coaching career? I’ll hang up and listen.

Advertisement
You have defiantly covered everything on this matter that could possibly be covered of every example. I lost faith in Rumph when he could not even sign two of the best players in the country that just played for him in high school. A colossal failure like the rest of these imbecile coRches. Thank you for your time and great write ups on the team and recruiting.

Lmao.

this entire coaching staff needs to be freshened up

not going to get into the obvious on offense...

But

patke is worthless coaching and recruiting

baker has proven to be worthless coaching (didn’t have anyone besides a fugging walk on white boy to back up pink) and sucks at recruiting

stroud is suspect in him not starting Greg week 1 and recruiting has been fine but I’m wondering if it wasn’t made easy for him since Jess left him in a great spot with tons of quality kids... even turning down a Jalyen Harrell freaky 4star

Rumph can coach but fugging awful at recruiting... gives coach Kool a run for his money on straight negligence at time not getting it done

Banda the 2nd half to the DB room... seems to routinely strike out on his top targets.... seems to be average at best as a coach... and is a ****** in my eyes for his twitter post bashing fans for rightly bashing on knowles whose been a bum since day 1

your entire defensive staff sucks... yet they all got retained because their YES MEN!

Statistically our defense hasn’t been the problem and think that’s why Diaz doesn’t fire anyone.

I do agree this staff doesn’t excite anyone regardless of its defensive standings each year. Miami is a lame suck right now and manny has to do something to shake it up. If he keeps the staff 100% intact, he is done after next year. He has to know this.

Btw, I like coach Hickson, think he's going to be a very good recruiter for us.

But you know what you won't see from if he's not, excuse making & spinning narratives to absolve him from any failures. If he fcks up in the future, Ima call just as I see it, just like I do for any coach.

I like Rumph a lot, but I don't buy for one second he has nothing to do with recruiting CB's, and if that is the case that he doesn't, then that also applies to every other position group as well.

So in future when we miss on kids, I don't wanna see not one of yall blaming it on the position coach that's supposed to recruit them, blame it on the HC. That means yall can't criticize Butch Barry, or Patke or Stroud for missing on prospects anymore, it's not their fault... The coaches have no say so who they eval & recruit.

Advertisement
Statistically our defense hasn’t been the problem and think that’s why Diaz doesn’t fire anyone.

I do agree this staff doesn’t excite anyone regardless of its defensive standings each year. Miami is a lame suck right now and manny has to do something to shake it up. If he keeps the staff 100% intact, he is done after next year. He has to know this.
Hence why I said “freshened up” no matter what this is Diaz defense and we will not stray too far...

but having said that he should bring in a quality recruiter to help the overall staff... one dude who can help rumph close the deal on some top targets

Btw, I like coach Hickson, think he's going to be a very good recruiter for us.

But you know what you won't see from if he's not, excuse making & spinning narratives to absolve him from any failures. If he fcks up in the future, Ima call just as I see it, just like I do for any coach.

I like Rumph a lot, but I don't buy for one second he has nothing to do with recruiting CB's, and if that is the case that he doesn't, then that also applies to every other position group as well.

So in future when we miss on kids, I don't wanna see not one of yall blaming it on the position coach that's supposed to recruit them, blame it on the HC. That means yall can't criticize Butch Barry, or Patke or Stroud for missing on prospects anymore, it's not their fault... The coaches have no say so who they eval & recruit.

Hickson needs to do a better job of coaching up RB pass protection, making sure all of them consistently run through arm tackles, switch the rock to the outside hand, pick up their feet through traffic, use their stiff arm, and finish harder at the POC.

But, he’s ok with me at this point.

We can criticize them all. Doesn’t mean they have recruiting autonomy... We don’t know what we don’t know.

Maybe Rumph just sucks.

Hence why I said “freshened up” no matter what this is Diaz defense and we will not stray too far...

but having said that he should bring in a quality recruiter to help the overall staff... one dude who can help rumph close the deal on some top targets

that’s supposed to be Banda right haha. All I heard was Banda is the recruiter the first couple years. All those 🔥🔥🔥🔥🌪🔥🌪🌪🔥🌪🔥 emojis on twitter help him relate to the kids

Advertisement
Back