Coach Macho
aka Beardy Ryan
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2012
- Messages
- 14,425
Two things I saw from Lingard...What did you see in those practices that either convinced you that Harris was that good, Lingard was not that good, or maybe both?
I always like to hear what a person sees from a coaching perspective
1. Had no vision within a modern running scheme. He was making the wrong reads, missing holes, running into the back of his linemen, etc. I took into consideration that he played in the Wing-T during high school and was gonna need some time to adjust to a more modern offense. I knew Cam had the edge over him in this aspect. Cam played in a similar running scheme as we employed at Miami.
2. He lacked wiggle. I saw him catch a pass in the flats. He had the Safety 1-on-1 in the open field. We all held our breath just KNOWING that Lingard was about to abuse this defender in some shape or form...annnnnnd... he got tackled. Easily.
I also figured that Cam played against much better competition during high school, so I gave him the edge on that as well.
I feel like Lingard is one of those kids that got highly ranked because he passes the eyeball test. Kid looks phenomenal. He's put together. He's big and he's fast as ****. So when these "recruiting gurus" see him at a camp of course they're gonna rank him high. He's probably the best looking RB at every camp he's been to.