Lingard in the Portal

Advertisement
Don’t be surprised if Burns gets healthy and pulls a Gus Edwards.

He was out of football for a long time and is still getting his rhythm back.

He will be back next year. If he has a good pro day, he could get a look. Once he gets his feel for the game back, he may impress with his size and speed. He isn’t just a straight line runner. He has the rare ability to plant on one foot and change direction most big backs don’t have.

If he is health the only thing that could keep him out of the league is vision.

Spot on. It was delicious and loved the flavor and crispness.
my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

What did you see in those practices that either convinced you that Harris was that good, Lingard was not that good, or maybe both?
I always like to hear what a person sees from a coaching perspective
Two things I saw from Lingard...

1. Had no vision within a modern running scheme. He was making the wrong reads, missing holes, running into the back of his linemen, etc. I took into consideration that he played in the Wing-T during high school and was gonna need some time to adjust to a more modern offense. I knew Cam had the edge over him in this aspect. Cam played in a similar running scheme as we employed at Miami.

2. He lacked wiggle. I saw him catch a pass in the flats. He had the Safety 1-on-1 in the open field. We all held our breath just KNOWING that Lingard was about to abuse this defender in some shape or form...annnnnnd... he got tackled. Easily.

I also figured that Cam played against much better competition during high school, so I gave him the edge on that as well.

I feel like Lingard is one of those kids that got highly ranked because he passes the eyeball test. Kid looks phenomenal. He's put together. He's big and he's fast as ****. So when these "recruiting gurus" see him at a camp of course they're gonna rank him high. He's probably the best looking RB at every camp he's been to.

JT's Sports Bar in Pembroke Pines has the best wings in South Florida. Bar none. And I'm a wing connoisseur.

They've won Alligator Ron's Wing Fest 5 years in a row.
They have like 25+ different sauce combinations. And they always come out crispy!

The "Malena" wings is what you want if you like lemon pepper.
Malenas are Lemon pepper + parmesan + garlic butter
View attachment 132544
View attachment 132543

On Tuesdays they're 60 cents each, even for to-go orders.
You tell no lies. I drive up there from Miami for an order of the Extra Hot or Hot Jerk. They're awesome, the pepper flavors and the crispy texture.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

If they recruiting other RB transfers then they must not think Lingard the goods either given he has like 3 years left.

What shouldn't be lost in all of this is that we've been recruiting to many 5 and 4 stars bust. Our ability to evaluate players even 5 stars has been pretty bad.

Advertisement

1. Had no vision within a modern running scheme. He was making the wrong reads, missing holes, running into the back of his linemen, etc. I took into consideration that he played in the Wing-T during high school and was gonna need some time to adjust to a more modern offense. I knew Cam had the edge over him in this aspect. Cam played in a similar running scheme as we employed at Miami.

2. He lacked wiggle. I saw him catch a pass in the flats. He had the Safety 1-on-1 in the open field. We all held our breath just KNOWING that Lingard was about to abuse this defender in some shape or form...annnnnnd... he got tackled. Easily.

I also figured that Cam played against much better competition during high school, so I gave him the edge on that as well.

I feel like Lingard is one of those kids that got highly ranked because he passes the eyeball test. Kid looks phenomenal. He's put together. He's big and he's fast as ****. So when these "recruiting gurus" see him at a camp of course they're gonna rank him high. He's probably the best looking RB at every camp he's been to.
I only saw him carry the ball for Miami a handful of times, but yeah my immediate reaction was "****, he looks stiff". Very much a straight line athlete.

Crazy how fast life comes at ya, huh? From the crown jewel in the recruiting class at Miami, to probably a second transfer in two years to a G5 school.

When they were freshmen I had someone around the program tell me “all he can do is run straight. Cams a beast”

Advertisement
Back