Lingard in the Portal

New oc

Rb room open(cam hasn’t taken a strong lead or anything at the rb spot)

Top rb deejay Dallas just announced to leave for the draft early

rumors been a blaze about him transferring since last year

even though they sh*tted him with playing time this year clearly, it sounds like he just doesn’t want to be here when you look at the whole situation.Is what it is. I do Sympathize with him in the fact that in lingards stance how can you trust this staff to give you A chance next Year. I mean Jimmy Murphy got a carry over him, that’s a slap in the face tbh. Oh well
That’s a blue waffle slap to the face

Advertisement
Manny D&ckhead is in way over his head, can't believe this c^nt corch didn't get this kid any burn in the Toilet Bowl embarrassment to LT. He is the worst corch ever at UM. Firing his staff is a Coker move and won't save his ***** ***, it'll only flush us completely down the drain because we'll have another year with him. This corch f*cked this kid over and I don't blame him for leaving. Good luck to him, he'll probably wind up at Florida or FSU and show why he was a 5 star recruit. What a **** show we are.

Bolden was in juco after leaving usc. Who you talking about Phillips? He didn’t vibe with chip kelly .
Phillip's was forced to retire from UCLA rules too. All the guys who came to us due to them no longer being on their team except Osborn who is a grad transfer

Great blessings to Lo to have a successful career wherever he ends up....
I thought he got F****d over this year on PT...
With that being said...Next man up....

Advertisement
Until those guys both come in and are stud RBs on the field, we have Cam Harris and Robert Burns. "Pedestrian" is exactly what we were at RB last year. It's what we will be until Chaney and Knighton are producing.
But again, the comment was made in the context of we are pedestrian NOW BECAUSE lingard left. Theres no way to know Lingard would have been better than either Chaney or Knighton, much less both of them. Maybe he would be. Maybe he wouldn't. But our RB room didnt just BECOME pedestrian after landing one of the best RB duos in the country just because Lo hit the portal. For all we know, our RB room may have just improved.

i said for this current class, you cant expect to sign another good back to come in with chaney and knighton. kids dont wanna sit behind other kids esp in their same year and in a year where you loaded up on two elite guys. next year is diff bc the kids that enrolled this year arent there for 3 years at best.
Ok maybe I misinterpreted what you said. I thought you said Cheney/Knighton/LL/Cam couldn't exist on the same roster (maybe someone else said it). My bad.

:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

This really isn't worth more discussion...suffice it to say I think Lingard could have been a star here

Let's see how well he does with another team..I wish him well

Nothing against Lingard. If he does well we can all agree this was talent wasted.

Phillip's was forced to retire from UCLA rules too. All the guys who came to us due to them no longer being on their team except Osborn who is a grad transfer
Not really, he just wanted to get away from UCLA. A day after he “retired” it was already rumored he was looking to play football again elsewhere and usc/Stanford were rumored literally 1 day after that. But I agree With the rest you said, other than tate who left because he wasn’t playing

Advertisement
But again, the comment was made in the context of we are pedestrian NOW BECAUSE lingard left. Theres no way to know Lingard would have been better than either Chaney or Knighton, much less both of them. Maybe he would be. Maybe he wouldn't. But our RB room didnt just BECOME pedestrian after landing one of the best RB duos in the country just because Lo hit the portal. For all we know, our RB room may have just improved.
Agreed.

I don’t remember anybody calling these portal players quitters when the came here and the fact that player can call anybody a quitter after going 6-7
Only 1-2 of them left a team they were actively on( martell and Osborn). Not the same

Surprised that he did this now with Enos gone, DJ gone, and a new OC incoming. I would really like to know the reason he didn’t play in at least 4 games this year.

Enos is gone, but Manny is still here. Told u guys, firing Enos does absolutely nothing. The commonality for these mass exodus has been Manny Diaz for 4 yrs.

Advertisement
@dsddcane tried to tell ya’ll what was what w/ this staff. Nephew just decided to bail before the ship completely sunk and I 1000% stand behind his decision.

Lingard was sold a bill of goods, and when it was reported he went on for ST & was yanked back on to the sidelines, I already knew what was up. When he kept tweeting, which contradicted what Manny said on wax that Lingard came to him & requested to be red shirted b/c he didn’t trust his knee, I knew what was up. We last saw Lo gallup for 80 yards against SSt, and that will be my last memory of him. Kudos to him for continuing to try to stick it, but I’m going to say this again.......

For all these Jr’s w/ low round to UDFA grades to still declare v. building their draft stock, is telling us something is detrimentally wrong w this program under its current state. Jr’s In weren’t doing this under Golden, Shannon, or Coker.....yet, since Richt’s 2nd yr, they’ve been doing this at an alarming rate, ON BOTH SIDES. So if anyone don’t think Manny is not a problem, go 5150 yourself.
Agree with much of your post, Rell, but we have had dudes making bad decisions to leave early since way before CMRs second year. But that doesn't change the core point of your post.

If only he didn’t get injured. We wouldn’t even be here. Always want to add who on this staff recruited him...probably y he didn’t play

Advertisement
I hear you, and I agree. But you're still not understanding what Brock's original point was. He wasnt saying he was fine with Lo leaving, or trying to spin him leaving as a positive thing. He was simply taking issue with a previous comment that theres nothing left in our RB room now that Lo has left. That's simply not true. Would it have been better if Lingard stayed too? Of course. But considering we really dont have much if any clue as to what Lingard is capable of at this level than we do Chaney or Knighton, a comment that our RB room is shot because Lo had hit the portal is nonsense. My read of brock's post was that was the only point he was making. You ran with it in a direction that he was saying Lo leaving was ok or a good thing. I dont think he was trying to say that at all.
I understand his point. And my point is it is your RB room right now is Cam Harris who looked fine, Robert Burns who should get less carries and two unknown freshmen RBs. We have no idea if they are going to be good college players in three years' time, let alone if they will be ready to step in in week one as a true freshmen.

Two years ago everyone thought Lingard was a can't miss prospect for us. It is just as likely the person that said there is nothing left turns out to be correct as Brock. Brock is always convinced the next guy who has not yet gotten a dorm room is going to be the greatest and best until they don't develop. Then two years later the next guy is going to be the greatest and best. I envy his optimism, but I have been beaten down by 15 years of evidence.

Advertisement
Back