Lingard in the Portal

@dsddcane tried to tell ya’ll what was what w/ this staff. Nephew just decided to bail before the ship completely sunk and I 1000% stand behind his decision.

Lingard was sold a bill of goods, and when it was reported he went on for ST & was yanked back on to the sidelines, I already knew what was up. When he kept tweeting, which contradicted what Manny said on wax that Lingard came to him & requested to be red shirted b/c he didn’t trust his knee, I knew what was up. We last saw Lo gallup for 80 yards against SSt, and that will be my last memory of him. Kudos to him for continuing to try to stick it, but I’m going to say this again.......

For all these Jr’s w/ low round to UDFA grades to still declare v. building their draft stock, is telling us something is detrimentally wrong w this program under its current state. Jr’s In weren’t doing this under Golden, Shannon, or Coker.....yet, since Richt’s 2nd yr, they’ve been doing this at an alarming rate, ON BOTH SIDES. So if anyone don’t think Manny is not a problem, go 5150 yourself.

Advertisement
And Manny is still here. Not only are we losing games, but now it's players as well. What a complete mess. Best of luck to the kid.

95AFF9D8-B33C-42D3-8914-3363819D2D05.png

Cam comin for necks

Advertisement
His point is flawed. For whatever reason, we have not seen Lingard or what he can or can’t do. At this point, we need as many guys back there as possible since we have a bunch of unknowns and it is a position where guys get dinged up. Right now we effectively do not have a backup for Cam. I’d feel a little better having a guy who has had two years in college as part of that competition instead of just two true freshmen. Especially since Lingard will be another year removed from his injury.
I hear you, and I agree. But you're still not understanding what Brock's original point was. He wasnt saying he was fine with Lo leaving, or trying to spin him leaving as a positive thing. He was simply taking issue with a previous comment that theres nothing left in our RB room now that Lo has left. That's simply not true. Would it have been better if Lingard stayed too? Of course. But considering we really dont have much if any clue as to what Lingard is capable of at this level than we do Chaney or Knighton, a comment that our RB room is shot because Lo had hit the portal is nonsense. My read of brock's post was that was the only point he was making. You ran with it in a direction that he was saying Lo leaving was ok or a good thing. I dont think he was trying to say that at all.

This is a low blow. Lingard knows the inner workings of what is happening in Coral Gables better than anyone on this board. Him transferring even after Enos was canned is an emphatic statement that the problem wasn't Enos and that it is still in Coral Gables, in Lingard's view. Conclusion: we are fudged.

Best of luck Lorenzo. Hope you go ball out anywhere but in the ACC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@dsddcane tried to tell ya’ll what was what w/ this staff. Nephew just decided to bail before the ship completely sunk and I 1000% stand behind his decision.

Lingard was sold a bill of goods, and when it was reported he went on for ST & was yanked back on to the sidelines, I already knew what was up. When he kept tweeting, which contradicted what Manny said on wax that Lingard came to him & requested to be red shirted b/c he didn’t trust his knee, I knew what was up. We last saw Lo gallup for 80 yards against SSt, and that will be my last memory of him. Kudos to him for continuing to try to stick it, but I’m going to say this again.......

For all these Jr’s w/ low round to UDFA grades to still declare v. building their draft stock, is telling us something is detrimentally wrong w this program under its current state. Jr’s In weren’t doing this under Golden, Shannon, or Coker.....yet, since Richt’s 2nd yr, they’ve been doing this at an alarming rate, ON BOTH SIDES. So if anyone don’t think Manny is not a problem, go 5150 yourself.
Tryna avoid that infraction like I got huh 😂
Charmin soft *** folks on here

Advertisement
Advertisement
mofos loved the portal when those west coast players came to the U. Harris is another JAG poppin’ off on twitter

Where was he voice as a leader during the season
Bolden was in juco after leaving usc. Who you talking about Phillips? He didn’t vibe with chip kelly .

Advertisement
Best of luck not gonna missed kid was passed by cam even though lingard was ee. Robert burns who hasn't been able to stay healthy and burns still in front of him eventually these things add up

Absolutely insane. Just fugging insane. How can the kid not get any burn? Manure & Hickson are garbage. The least you can do is manage the depth chart with a little bit of competence.

i dont think its all on the coaches in every situation. obviously, offesnively, enos was trash and didnt use a system to fit the talent he had. regarding tvd, he seems to have the mental makeup that none of the other kids on the roster in that room have. lets hope that holds true in the spring
I agree man, every situation is different. While I place MOST of the blame on the staff, the players have had their hand in this disaster as well. The lack of heart and preparation is just disgusting to see on display. All I'm saying is we keep regurgitating the same lines on here (not specifically you, but everyone in general). Something has to give, and I'm not sure where it will come from. Either these incoming freshman are going to have to play out of their minds, or the staff is going to have to show enormous improvement. If that doesn't happen...well just start with looking at whomever the saviors will be from the '21 class.

Yep

Which is still more than these recruits who haven't even enrolled and come to their 1st practice
Do you think SSU is that much better than a decent HS team?
:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

This really isn't worth more discussion...suffice it to say I think Lingard could have been a star here

Let's see how well he does with another team..I wish him well

Advertisement
Back