Lingard in the Portal

He'll have to sit a year , then he'll be a redshirt junior. Maybe a little worried about the class we signed.How bad is that knee ?

Advertisement
I think if Enos was here that was true, but with him gone don't see why a new OC couldn't make it happen. Besides everyone keeps saying stacking chips...so is that no longer the case? And with LL gone, what if Chaney and/or Knighton get hurt like LL did...what then?

stacking chips are gone esp at the RB spot. you will never convince RBs to sit behind other guys when they know they have 3 years to make their mark

Can you blame the kid who didn't get a chance to play after his injury and watching the last six weeks of pure comedy trying to score points. Heck we didn't even get into the red zone for the bowl game. THAT IS SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL TO MY KNOWLEDGE. The kid sees the fire burning and now wants to stay alive.

Think he will come back to haunt us down the road. What a clown show coaching staff. People complain about Lingard, Pope, Hight tower, they didn’t play because this clown show has their favorites just like all of their assistant, all Diaz butt buddies.

Another sad day for Miami Football. I believe he will be a great player and wish him the best.
Two different staffs didn't play guys like Lingard and Pope

Advertisement
Look at Pope. CIS ripped the staff for not playing this "5 star so fla baller" last year. Played a lot this year and was average as average can be.

Maybe Lo just isnt that good? (Elite straight line speed but not much else...) Maybe he really is not 100% back from his injury?

I know its popular to rip the staff but i doubt there was a personal vendetta here. Manny knows his job is on the line and he needs to win games at all costs. If Lo would help him win games, you really think he wouldnt play him cause some vendetta? Cmon...
who looked special is this offense?

Dummies keep bringing up Chaney and Knighton. Y’all gonna see lol

see what? chaney and knighton is an elite haul at RB. weve only seen linguard play significant time 2 years ago. i hope he succeeds elsewhere or here, if he decides to come back after the oc is hired. either way, a lot of unknowns with linguard as well

Advertisement
pope played. just wasnt anythign special.
Man, we're in this vicious cycle...that vaunted '18 class is either not producing according to their ratings are have flat out bounced! Now we're relying on Freshman to be our savior (TVD, Cheney, Knighton) once again. We don't have coaches to develop the players properly, then it will be blamed on we're too young. We can't get out of our own way!!

Agree. But based on the exact same logic, then we arent necessarily any worse off with Knighton and Chaney but without Lingard, are we? That was Brock's point.

Im bummed as **** that we'll never get to see Lo's potential in Orange and Green, but the reality is, we weren't holding onto all 3 of Lo, Chaney and Knighton. Someone was leaving. It is what it is. Next man up!
His point is flawed. For whatever reason, we have not seen Lingard or what he can or can’t do. At this point, we need as many guys back there as possible since we have a bunch of unknowns and it is a position where guys get dinged up. Right now we effectively do not have a backup for Cam. I’d feel a little better having a guy who has had two years in college as part of that competition instead of just two true freshmen. Especially since Lingard will be another year removed from his injury.

Advertisement
I think if Enos was here that was true, but with him gone don't see why a new OC couldn't make it happen. Besides everyone keeps saying stacking chips...so is that no longer the case? And with LL gone, what if Chaney and/or Knighton get hurt like LL did...what then?
Oh I agree. In a perfect world I'd love to stack as many stud RBs as possible. I'm just saying IMO (and that's all it is) we weren't going to go into game 1 of the 2020 season with Chaney, Knighton and Lingard on our roster.

stacking chips are gone esp at the RB spot. you will never convince RBs to sit behind other guys when they know they have 3 years to make their mark
So does that mean we're conceding to NOT expect any good RB in the '21 class?

Advertisement
Man, we're in this vicious cycle...that vaunted '18 class is either not producing according to their ratings are have flat out bounced! Now we're relying on Freshman to be our savior (TVD, Cheney, Knighton) once again. We don't have coaches to develop the players properly, then it will be blamed on we're too young. We can't get out of our own way!!

i dont think its all on the coaches in every situation. obviously, offesnively, enos was trash and didnt use a system to fit the talent he had. regarding tvd, he seems to have the mental makeup that none of the other kids on the roster in that room have. lets hope that holds true in the spring

So does that mean we're conceding to NOT expect any good RB in the '21 class?

i said for this current class, you cant expect to sign another good back to come in with chaney and knighton. kids dont wanna sit behind other kids esp in their same year and in a year where you loaded up on two elite guys. next year is diff bc the kids that enrolled this year arent there for 3 years at best.

Advertisement
Back