Lingard in the Portal

What are the facts? That he was a 5* recruit? That's a fact in fantasy land jocksniffer world - not in mine.

You guys can come up with all the wild conspiracy theories about why Lingard didn't play. I trust Occam's Razor - he simply wasn't good enough.

I don’t give a **** about 5 stars, just like Lingard probably didn’t care he was 5 stars. He moved past Cam in 2018 and was cleared to play.

Tell me HighSeas... when DJ. Went down and cam and burns weren’t doing JACK... why didn’t they even TRY Lingard for 1 series? Why did they rip him out when he went out for special teams? Why? I’ll hang up and listen

Advertisement
Rousseau was cleared to play, just as Lingard was... wtf u talkin bout?

Cleared to play and playing 50 snaps at DL in FL in extreme heat when limited at practice are two completely different animals.

The conspiracy theory that coaches held back GR15 (they did not) and that somehow means they did the same to LL is just dumb.

Dude was a very fluid runner and was an impressive back.

I’m going with the theory that he just wasn’t the same after the knee injury until he proves otherwise. Nothing else makes sense.

Cleared to play and playing 50 snaps at DL in FL in extreme heat when limited at practice are two completely different animals.

The conspiracy theory that coaches held back GR15 (they did not) and that somehow means they did the same to LL is just dumb.

So u agree that he should have been playing backup to Patchan until game 5??? got it

Advertisement
It's funny y'all blaming this on the staff when Lo wanted to transfer even before THIS staff got here. All i'ma say is I do agree we got a SOFT A$$ TEAM and as much as Cam has angered me with his non-vision running style lol, he at least has the right mindset(no quitting). We can't fault him personally that the coaches just like him better.

When did Lo want to transfer before this staff even got here??! Lol.

Some of ya’ll just make chit up. It’s beyond me. Lo stayed solid the entire recruiting process. A 5 star kid was loyal af to us. Kid gets injured; worked his butt off to try to get back on the field THIS year w/ THIS staff. What r u talking about? The rumors started swirling he was going to transfer b/c what Diaz was feeding to anyone who listened didn’t jive w/ what Lo was tweeting and his family was stating.

Then Diaz said Lo should get some time against teams A,B,C,D...again, just to appease anyone willing to listen, and that never happened. Lo, STILL stayed. Now the season is over, y not go elsewhere? These kids come here to play in the NFL. This is an internship, and Miami is killing dreams of that next level probability.

Some of ya’ll just make chit up. It’s beyond me. Lo stayed solid the entire recruiting process. A 5 star kid was loyal af to us. Kid gets injured; worked his butt off to try to get back on the field THIS year w/ THIS staff. What r u talking about? The rumors started swirling he was going to transfer b/c what Diaz was feeding to anyone who listened didn’t jive w/ what Lo was tweeting and his family was stating.

Then Diaz said Lo should get some time against teams A,B,C,D...again, just to appease anyone willing to listen, and that never happened. Lo, STILL stayed. Now the season is over, y not go elsewhere? These kids come here to play in the NFL. This is an internship, and Miami is killing dreams of that next level probability.

there were rumors that he wanted to leave before. idk if i believe it, but i know there was smoke w him, pope, and a few others. pope also stayed solid during his recruitment and he was still contacting UF in season.

He got more snaps every game until he was fully healthy and fully conditioned and then he became "starter". It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
I remember them saying the reason was “He didn’t a great camp” not that he wasn’t 100%

He got more snaps every game until he was fully healthy and fully conditioned and then he became "starter". It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Even though Patchan was admittedly a favorite of Blake and Manure, I’m sure that’s exactly how it went down. Leave our sack leader on the bench.

btw... if u remember... the narrative during the time of him being bench warmer was that Rousseau was not good on 3rd down. Now he just needed conditioning of 4 games spread over 2 months! LOL

Advertisement
I remember them saying the reason was “He didn’t a great camp” not that he wasn’t 100%

I don't feel like digging up the article but I posted it a couple of weeks back. He didn't have a great camp b/c he was dealing with a back injury.

Even though Patchan was admittedly a favorite of Blake and Manure, I’m sure that’s exactly how it went down. Leave our sack leader on the bench.

btw... if u remember... the narrative during the time of him being bench warmer was that Rousseau was not good on 3rd down. Now he just needed conditioning of 4 games spread over 2 months! LOL

He came in on 3rd downs at DT early in the season. You are just making **** up now. Im done going back and forth with you on this. You go right ahead and use GR15 as the reason LL didnt play.

He came in on 3rd downs at DT early in the season. You are just making **** up now. Im done going back and forth with you on this. You go right ahead and use GR15 as the reason LL didnt play.

Cool wit me... I’m just using GR15 as an example. Patterns are shown by the staff and Lingard wasn’t the first to deal with the favoritism.

Advertisement
Cool wit me... I’m just using GR15 as an example. Patterns are shown by the staff and Lingard wasn’t the first to deal with the favoritism.

wait if ssvir said he played more snaps in every game even as a sub, then what does it matter if he started or not? snap counts should mean more than anything in terms of PT no? i think of it like basketball, where coaches often use token starters to get them through early min in each half and then sit them back.

wait if ssvir said he played more snaps in every game even as a sub, then what does it matter if he started or not? snap counts should mean more than anything in terms of PT no? i think of it like basketball, where coaches often use token starters to get them through early min in each half and then sit them back.

No he was saying he played more plays each game he came in. Not more plays than those starting in front of him. He was sack leader with less than 50% of snaps as the 2 starting in front of him and Hill

No he was saying he played more plays each game he came in. Not more plays than those starting in front of him. He was sack leader with less than 50% of snaps as the 2 starting in front of him and Hill

ok. thanks for clarifying

Advertisement
there were rumors that he wanted to leave before. idk if i believe it, but i know there was smoke w him, pope, and a few others. pope also stayed solid during his recruitment and he was still contacting UF in season.

Pope was gone. Lol. That’s not a rumor; these are facts. Pope was tweeting Florida things. If Dugans remained, Pope was gone. He was convinced to stay. He’s another guy under utilized; always open, yet ball never gets to him, when he does play.

This program is a mess; I don’t even know y I go back & forth w chit that I already know. Lol. Anyways, Lo’s gone....and good for him. Love Miami, never will turn my back on Miami, but under its current state, I literally don’t blame any kid for leaving. From top to bottom, this is one of the most dysfunctional programs in America.

Pope was gone. Lol. That’s not a rumor; these are facts. Pope was tweeting Florida things. If Dugans remained, Pope was gone. He was convinced to stay. He’s another guy under utilized; always open, yet ball never gets to him, when he does play.

This program is a mess; I don’t even know y I go back & forth w chit that I already know. Lol. Anyways, Lo’s gone....and good for him. Love Miami, never will turn my back on Miami, but under its current state, I literally don’t blame any kid for leaving. From top to bottom, this is one of the most dysfunctional programs in America.

**** good for him if hes going to UF. idc about the state of the program to the point where i want any of these kids that are canes to leave. i dont blame him for doing whats best for his career if thats what he thinks, but **** him if he goes to UF. again, if hes a gator, hope he trips over his own feet every time he touches the ball.

There were definitely RUMORS last yr before manny got hired as HC. I can't tell you how factual it was but with our history, when there our rumors of a player wanting out, it tends to be true.

What's unfortunate is we run so few plays a game because of our pace and haven't had any blowouts that we can't get him run to show off and make it impossible for him to not get on the field.

Advertisement
Back