LifeWallet

the thing w Nico is that its all rumors. id rather it be let on as rumors even if its the truth than have the sponsor announce dollar amounts. I do think that announcing a deal with a player without the financials solves the same purpose (publicity for the company and the school). in wongs case, his agent also reps Pack and Jordan Miller so he knew the exact amount that was being given.

does anyone know how much Rattler got from Raising Canes?
We're already hearing that players like Rashada are looking for the highest bid based on it. Whether it's rumor or press releases, the perception is what they're all going to look at.

Advertisement
We're already hearing that players like Rashada are looking for the highest bid based on it. Whether it's rumor or press releases, the perception is what they're all going to look at.
which is fine. I just don't like the exact amount out there from the sponsor himself lol. either way, UM can't control that part. life wallet isn't their company so Ruiz can do as he pleases but it would be better if we didn't have the amounts disclosed.

Don't know if it's been said already, but it's problematic for Ruiz stating that Wong is "under contract" because he would have to pay him even if IW leaves Miami.

NIL is fine as long as it's not "pay for play," which is a big no no (even if everyone knows that's what's happening). If Ruiz pulls Wong's deal if he transfers, that would subject the school to NCAA scrutiny.

Which has been my problem with Ruiz all along. Just stay silent and work your magic behind the scenes; no one knows any of the A&M boosters who bought their last recruiting class individually.

if Ruiz is stupid enough to tie the NIL deal to his enrollment at UM, that'd be a violation in itself.

he has to pay him as long as he performs on the deal (depending on the terms). maybe, this act is considered a condition for termination. who knows, but it can't be tied to his enrollment at UM. thats not allowed under the NIL law.

either way, I doubt Ruiz will pull the Wong deal but likely wont get renewed after the year. as long as wong does the stupid twitter ads for life wallet and wears their shirt, **** get paid.

Advertisement
which is fine. I just don't like the exact amount out there from the sponsor himself lol. either way, UM can't control that part. life wallet isn't their company so Ruiz can do as he pleases but it would be better if we didn't have the amounts disclosed.
They are going to share the info with teammates anyway. There are very few secrets in a locker room.

They are going to share the info with teammates anyway. There are very few secrets in a locker room.

maybe or maybe not. a lot of times, money is one of those things that never gets spoken about.

in this case, Wong would've found out bc the agent is the same in three of the deals.

Advertisement
lol if it worked, I would've pulled the app on my phone, I didn't and wont.

he is getting national attention but a lot of it isn't good attention. the entire thing makes life wallet look like a front rather than legitimate. again, I have zero issues w him paying kids. id rather it done silently where it doenst cause a public upheaval.
Only from asswipes like Stewart Mandell. Why did he not talk about any of the SEC schools? How about the $30 million Texas A&M dumped on its 2022 class or the supposed $1 million on Bryce Young at Bama?

Ruiz is marketing. No discussion from Stewie regarding Ruiz meeting with the PM from the Bahamas.

The entrenched, status quo hacks don't like a threat from a school like Miami so they label us as an usurper. But of course they shill for the SEC and Ohio State. **** them!

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been said already, but it's problematic for Ruiz stating that Wong is "under contract" because he would have to pay him even if IW leaves Miami.

NIL is fine as long as it's not "pay for play," which is a big no no (even if everyone knows that's what's happening). If Ruiz pulls Wong's deal if he transfers, that would subject the school to NCAA scrutiny.

Which has been my problem with Ruiz all along. Just stay silent and work your magic behind the scenes; no one knows any of the A&M boosters who bought their last recruiting class individually.
Ruiz said in his interview with Jackson that part of the deals are a commitment that the players go to the house/office weekly to do promotional activities. If Wong transfers to a different state, I am pretty sure he won't be able to do those required activities to hold up his end of the contract. I think @1murhurricane alluded to this, but these deals have terms in place that require you to be in a geographic area without tying it to their enrollment.

if Ruiz is stupid enough to tie the NIL deal to his enrollment at UM, that'd be a violation in itself.

he has to pay him as long as he performs on the deal (depending on the terms). maybe, this act is considered a condition for termination. who knows, but it can't be tied to his enrollment at UM. thats not allowed under the NIL law.

either way, I doubt Ruiz will pull the Wong deal but likely wont get renewed after the year. as long as wong does the stupid twitter ads for life wallet and wears their shirt, **** get paid.
Geography

Mandel from S.I. Calls what the gators are doing as “smart” when it comes to NiL deals but just last week called us cheating…

Canes twitter have at him… we got The Who industry shook… they don’t wanna see ****y canes fans back
View attachment 184172
Said it before, will say it again. How is it cheating if 1) the SC okayed it and 2) Ruiz is the only one who seems to be doing the marketing side of the NIL contracts? I haven't seen how the UF collective is attaching this to marketing or what those efforts are. I haven't seen any of A&Ms guys do it, nor Texas with its 501c3 with a charitable class of University of Texas offensive linemen (a complete farce).

Advertisement
Only from asswipes like Stewart Mandell. Why did he not talk about any of the SEC schools? How about the $30 million Texas A&M dumped on its 2022 class or the supposed $1 million on Bryce Young at Bama?

Ruiz is marketing. No discussion from Stewie regarding Ruiz meeting with the PM from the Bahamas.

The entrenched, status quo hacks don't like a threat from a school like Miami so they label us as an usurper. But of course they shill for the SEC and Ohio State. **** them!

I don't care about what the writers think. the one thing the other boosters do thats smart is they don't sit there and disclose the payment terms to the world.

Ruiz said in his interview with Jackson that part of the deals are a commitment that the players go to the house/office weekly to do promotional activities. If Wong transfers to a different state, I am pretty sure he won't be able to do those required activities to hold up his end of the contract. I think @1murhurricane alluded to this, but these deals have terms in place that require you to be in a geographic area without tying it to their enrollment.

life wallet gave a deal to Taylors younger brother. isn't he at rice? how does he make it work? its all pay for play but it isn't if that makes sense.

Nothing wrong with him saying he is "under contract." NIL is a contract.
I think he was just alluding to the fact that the terms of the contract were already negotiated and agreed to. I didn't take it as "too bad you can't leave UM because you signed the contract!" I read that as: "we've already agreed to the monetary value and I won't renegotiate. You remain under your current contract."

Nothing tied to the school.

Advertisement
life wallet gave a deal to Taylors younger brother. isn't he at rice? how does he make it work? its all pay for play but it isn't if that makes sense.
He's given deals to FIU players too. Nothing about the deals forces the athlete to be enrolled at UM.

He's giving NIL deals to people to promote his company. It just happens to be that the majority are UM athletes.

Perhaps for that one the contract was structured differently with more of a focus on digital appearances. Maybe he did one as an exception given the fact it is ST's brother? Maybe he has to do it when home from school? Without seeing the specific contract it is impossible to tell. One of the folks on the board who has relationships with recruits said this has been a common part of the NIL contracts to avoid being stuck paying guys that leave in a legal way.

Perhaps for that one the contract was structured differently with more of a focus on digital appearances. Maybe he did one as an exception given the fact it is ST's brother? Maybe he has to do it when home from school? Without seeing the specific contract it is impossible to tell. One of the folks on the board who has relationships with recruits said this has been a common part of the NIL contracts to avoid being stuck paying guys that leave in a legal way.

I have the __ contract and their only requirement is the social media stuff and event promotion. obviously, each company is diff and their terms will be

He's given deals to FIU players too. Nothing about the deals forces the athlete to be enrolled at UM.

He's giving NIL deals to people to promote his company. It just happens to be that the majority are UM athletes.

I understand that but hes def giving a lot of these deals to get kids to come to UM. its not a coincidence that they are mostly UM athletes lol. it isn't it just happens to be lol

Advertisement
Back