Life after L

Advertisement
Rick Pitino will be 71 this summer, and just left Iona and signed a lucrative 6-year deal to start a massive rebuild at St. John's. Oh, but he has more hair than Coach L, so, you know. /eyeroll

Coach L has had no medical issues that have affected his ability to show up and work, the man is still dancing it up in the locker room, and if you watch his interviews, is still clearly sharp as **** with the X's and O's and is highly analytical with an excellent memory. He spits out stats and recalls key moments and strategy shifts without fail. He loves what he does, and isn't one of those guys who is frustrated with or got scared off by the NIL shift in CBB. The man is in his coaching prime, by any metric outside of agism.

There is absolutely zero reason to be having this discussion, and I hope coach is still here for a great many years.

Last edited:
Rick Pitino will be 71 this summer, and just left Iona and signed a lucrative 6-year deal to start a massive rebuild at St. John's. Oh, but he has more hair than Coach L, so, you know. /eyeroll

Coach L has had no medical issues that have affected his ability to show up and work, the man is still dancing it up in the locker room, and if you watch his interviews, is still clearly sharp as **** with the X's and O's and is highly analytical with an excellent memory. He spits out stats and recalls key moments and strategy shifts without fail. He loves what he does, and isn't one of those guys who is frustrated with or got scared off my the NIL shift in CBB. The man is in his coaching prime, by any metric outside of agism.

There is absolutely zero reason to be having this discussion, and I hope coach is still here for a great many years.

💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Close thread.

I know not of the mysterious ways of the magical orange round ball. I must respect the will and wisdom of those here all along for each turn of our team’s glorious travels.

As bandwagoneers such as myself flock to this board, perhaps the fine stewards of this forum such as it’s mayors, @jkdood and @Da_Lucky_One will guide others (Mack) in the thread starting etiquette of this fine place.
No shame in being a bandwagoner. I watch the 2nd half of big games during the regular season and full games during March madness. Basketball is to boring of a sport to watch every game all the way through.

Oh, I wanted to ask you, since you answered the topic, no Shaka?
Very good energetic Coach, but after being handed a premier program that Rick Barnes left in great shape, he completely dropped the ball at Texas & was eliminated in the 1st round of the tourney in the 3 times he actually made the tourney during his 6 year tenure.

He’s done a good job thus far at Marquette, but I’m not so sure he’d be the best guy to hand Miami over to when the time comes.

Advertisement
No shame in being a bandwagoner. I watch the 2nd half of big games during the regular season and full games during March madness. Basketball is to boring of a sport to watch every game all the way through.
I actually agree. I know it’s terrible to say but I generally can’t watch basketball until the end though I did watch the Indiana game.

Very good energetic Coach, but after being handed a premier program that Rick Barnes left in great shape, he completely dropped the ball at Texas & was eliminated in the 1st round of the tourney in the 3 times he actually made the tourney during his 6 year tenure.

He’s done a good job thus far at Marquette, but I’m not so sure he’d be the best guy to hand Miami over to when the time comes.

Good answer. I have no idea why Texas turned out that way.

He was in Richmond when I lived there. When I was getting one of my degrees at George Washington, and GW went to the Tournament with Yinka Dare and that little dude at point guard (name slips my mind), Mike Jarvis was the coach. Whatever happened to him? I thought he was great for GW back then.

Good answer.
1F4F689E-C17D-487C-9405-7D9046B7E07F.gif

Advertisement
He was in Richmond when I lived there. When I was getting one of my degrees at George Washington, and GW went to the Tournament with Yinka Dare and that little dude at point guard (name slips my mind), Mike Jarvis was the coach. Whatever happened to him? I thought he was great for GW back then.
Alvin Pearsall or Nimbo Hammons?

Alvin Pearsall or Nimbo Hammons?
Mike Jarvis. He was at GW when I was getting a degree there. Oh the player - Nimbo I think… no this guy was small - like tiny.

I just looked. The smallest guy was Pearsall. It’s not him. He must have been on a later team. Dare was there and great that year.

Jarvis was good at GW

Last edited:
Mike Jarvis. He was at GW when I was getting a degree there. Oh the player - Nimbo I think… no this guy was small - like tiny.

I just looked. The smallest guy was Pearsall. It’s not him. He must have been on a later team. Dare was there and great that year.

Jarvis was good at GW
Ohh, you’re talking about Shawnta Rogers, he never played with Yinka

Advertisement
You talking about Shawnta Rogers? He played with Yinka, I think, as a Freshman at GW. As a Senior, in 1988-99, he was the A10 POY, averaging 20 ppg.

At 5'4, 160, he made Chris Lykes look like a giant. Johnny Hemsley, one of the best guards in UM history, was a HS contemporary of Rogers in Baltimore in the early-mid 1990s.

Chris Caputo did a good job as a first year HC at GW this season. Better things to come I'd expect.

You talking about Shawnta Rogers? He played with Yinka, I think, as a Freshman at GW. As a Senior, in 1988-99, he was the A10 POY, averaging 20 ppg.

At 5'4, 160, he made Chris Lykes look like a giant. Johnny Hemsley, one of the best guards in UM history, was a HS contemporary of Rogers in Baltimore in the early-mid 1990s.

Chris Caputo did a good job as a first year HC at GW this season. Better things to come I'd expect.
Yes, Shanta Rodgers. I was there getting one of my degrees when they went to the Sweet 16.

I’m interested to see how Caputo does.

Advertisement
@canesstevealum08--there is a time and a place for everything.

For example, telling a consensual partner you have an incurable and aggressive STD after the act is done--inconsiderate. A surgeon who uses sarcasm or slam poetry to break the news to family members related to a patient who died on his operating table; also not a good idea.

Discussing a head coaches' longevity while he is actively working his way through a tourney...

Washington Wizards Bruhh GIF by NBC Sports Washington

Couldn't this wait until July? Or maybe July...like in 2027? Coach Larranaga already said he was not interested in retiring.
It’s an old thread. That guy didn’t do this today. Someone else started a thread today and I merged it.

It’s an old thread. That guy didn’t do this today. Someone else started a thread today and I merged it.

Yeah, it’s important to note this. Whether he’s a troll or not (and this, in my opinion, was a very trollish type thread) to a Coach L is retiring/replacement thread, in the middle of an exciting NCAA run, is not something a serious fan would do. Maybe a half *** Alabama first, Miami second fan.

Advertisement
Back