Lets talk Frierson

Pete has said all along the coaches see him as a CB right?

Bottom line is either him or Jobe will play CB at Miami. No way we only have Blades and Ivey at CB in this class.
Don't forget about Campbell.

Until he jumps on board... I'm not going to count him in the class. Not being a pessimist, just think that's quite the assumption to say Campbell is definitely in the class.

Your comment was about what positions kids would play based on your comment 'no way we have only blades and ivey as cbs in this class.'

Since the staff is still recruiting other cbs, it seems premature to conclude the lack of other cbs will impact where frierson or jobe plays.

Advertisement

this

kids slow as of right now the film i see..........still want him in this class, he may get moved eventually I dont know lets see buht the gem r hall jobe n campbell. those 3 guys r who bama will turn up the heat for when nsd draws close

lol no way is Hall better than Frierson. Hall is 5'10 175lbs bro. Frierson is a man child, legit 6'1 180lbs, with even better hips than Antrel. THere is no comparison - Frierson is better than Hall at CB. At safety, they are much closer, i'd still give the nod to Frierson based on frame.
Watch the **** film smfh... out of all the dbs we are after hall is right behind jobe and Campbell talent wise imo

this

kids slow as of right now the film i see..........still want him in this class, he may get moved eventually I dont know lets see buht the gem r hall jobe n campbell. those 3 guys r who bama will turn up the heat for when nsd draws close

lol no way is Hall better than Frierson. Hall is 5'10 175lbs bro. Frierson is a man child, legit 6'1 180lbs, with even better hips than Antrel. THere is no comparison - Frierson is better than Hall at CB. At safety, they are much closer, i'd still give the nod to Frierson based on frame.
Watch the **** film smfh... out of all the dbs we are after hall is right behind jobe and Campbell talent wise imo

What are we going to do wtih a 5'10 175lb safety?

this

He´ll be 195 lb in a couple years, which is plenty big to be a S. I do agree that Frierson has a prototype frame for a S.

this

i got hall over gilbert thats just me and my opinion. i like guys with elite closing speed and hall jobe and campbell r the types of dbs i grew up watching at the U. If u think gilbert is a better prospect than Hall there isnt alot of u in that camp i tell u that much. that being said i still want gilbert in this class

Advertisement
this

He´ll be 195 lb in a couple years, which is plenty big to be a S. I do agree that Frierson has a prototype frame for a S.

I was wrong about Hall - he's actually 173lbs on a 5'10 frame. You really think he can add 22lbs onto that frame without losing his athleticism? Frierson is actually 186 now on a 6'1 frame.

this

agree i think all 3 are elite level guys that bama lsu fsu and the big dogs will go after real hard.....in a few years they will say if miami is after him we should be after him. we will be that offer again that makes schools pay attention

this

agree i think all 3 are elite level guys that bama lsu fsu and the big dogs will go after real hard.....in a few years they will say if miami is after him we should be after him. we will be that offer again that makes schools pay attention

Frierson is ranked 40 spots higher than Hall and has offers from FSU, LSU, Bama, etc.

The only reason i think you hate on Frierson is because he shut down his recruitment so soon and he's been such a solid commit and hasn't flirted with those other schools. It's almost like you downgrade his abilities just because he's gone about his recruitment with no drama and no attention.

this

Frierson is ranked 40 spots higher than Hall and has offers from FSU, LSU, Bama, etc.

The only reason i think you hate on Frierson is because he shut down his recruitment so soon and he's been such a solid commit and hasn't flirted with those other schools. It's almost like you downgrade his abilities just because he's gone about his recruitment with no drama and no attention.

Nobody ain't saying frierson ain't good. He's very good hall is just a beast man

Advertisement
this

R u an idiot!!! Saban flew a helicopter to visit hall and racier williams. He has offers from everyone and he plays bigger then 5 10. He has one of the best closing speed I've ever seen! Friers is great but hall is a stud.

Watch this and tell me with a straight face that hall is way worse than frierson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uzwRe7VWMI

Gurvan Hall Recruit Interests

also view this page if u think he doesn't have good offers lol

Last edited:
I'm looking around and the ONLY fans saying that Hall is better than Frierson are Miami fans. Meanwhile, the objective recruiting sites have Frierson ranked higher. Also, his 40 time is just as fast, plus he's taller and bigger than Hall.

Hall is barely big enough to play CB right now. Frierson could end up a 6'2 200lb stud.

I'm looking around and the ONLY fans saying that Hall is better than Frierson are Miami fans. Meanwhile, the objective recruiting sites have Frierson ranked higher. Also, his 40 time is just as fast, plus he's taller and bigger than Hall.

Hall is barely big enough to play CB right now. Frierson could end up a 6'2 200lb stud.

Hall looks and plays big and his game speed is faster than frierson. Just stop watch the highlights and you will know hall is better

Advertisement
He won't watch and I doubt tedwestside has even seen both guys play. Hall is a better prospect IMO. Asking weird questions like " what are we gonna do with a 5'10" 175 S" who's a HS junior like he won't get any bigger. **** Earl Thomas is the same size. He's right at 200 lb's where hall will be.

Hall is one of those defensive players with offensive abilities. He can return punts and kick offs just like Sean Taylor did.

He won't watch and I doubt tedwestside has even seen both guys play. Hall is a better prospect IMO. Asking weird questions like " what are we gonna do with a 5'10" 175 S" who's a HS junior like he won't get any bigger. **** Earl Thomas is the same size. He's right at 200 lb's where hall will be.

Hall is one of those defensive players with offensive abilities. He can return punts and kick offs just like Sean Taylor did.

5'10 175 is tiny bruh. Sean Taylor was a 6'2 225lb freak of nature. We should be aiming to get as close to that as possible. Frierson will never be 225lbs but he has a MUCH better chance to be Earl Thomas. Hall might max out at 185 or 190 if lucky. Frierson is already 186 and will hit Earl Thomas like 200lbs by his sophomore year.

Advertisement
When was the last time we had an amazing highly touted safety commit? Vaughn telemaque was a 4*, Ray Ray Armstrong was but should have been a linebacker.

Can't think of anyone off the top of my head

I know this dude is listed as a cb but I feel like him jobe and hall will be all over

Edit just remembered jaquan.. still rare for us lately though to have this kind of talent coming

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Intrigued by his prospects at CB in this system. Will be able to jam in press, shed blocks and tackle, make plays on the ball in zone may end up looking like those summer videos of Herb Waters messing around at corner (but with actual coaching)

Dude what rankings are you looking at? 247 composite has Hall at 128 and Frierson at 137.

2018 Top Football Recruits

Advertisement
Back