Jordan Cronkrite
Jalen Merrick
Torrance Gibson
Antonio Callaway
Davante Davis
Shelton Johnson
Rashad Fenton

Pathetic.

And this list is missing a few names. (Juwan Dowels, Isaiah McKenzie, Fabian Moreau, James Burgess, Adrienne Talan, Ronnie Hoggins, etc...)
Top 10 team right here

He is a bad talent evaluator not recruiter. If you take a look at who we got we should be a top 10 team. Corn Elder is one of the best CB we got but was probably the lowest rated.

He is a bad talent evaluator not recruiter. If you take a look at who we got we should be a top 10 team. Corn Elder is one of the best CB we got but was probably the lowest rated.

Corn elder was a consensus 4 star recruit. What do you mean?

Advertisement

Yeah right. I do remember we got him late after NSD. Most people were still high on Tracey and Artie who both turned out to be JAGs

Denzel Perryman, Eddie Johnson, and Alex Figueroa might be better examples of under rated guys that we got right.

Yeah right. I do remember we got him late after NSD. Most people were still high on Tracey and Artie who both turned out to be JAGs

Denzel Perryman, Eddie Johnson, and Alex Figueroa might be better examples of under rated guys that we got right.

:monkey-serious:

corn was recruited by everyone was rb. golden felt he would be a better CB. i mean who were really busts? he found armbrister a slow safety who was a late signee, gunter a 2 star juco no one heard of and peirre who no one besides temple wanted and they will all have nfl careers. i think he has no idea how to run a scheme. much different than talent.

Advertisement
Take away the 2012 class, Golden has sold nothing but pipe dreams. The 2012 class thought they were going to put Miami on the map, and Golden's scheme did them in. 2013 class imploded on national signing day w/ the exception of Grace. 2014 imploded on national signing day as well, and 2015 imploded before national signing day. Golden starts off fast w/ these huge classes and then they just fall apart. I'm not impressed by anything that man has done here.

Do people really believe that Denver Kirkland and Amari Cooper make a difference in last years record?

Last edited:
Take away the 2012 class, Golden has sold nothing but pipe dreams. The 2012 class thought they were going to put Miami on the map, and Golden's scheme did them in. 2013 class imploded on national signing day w/ the exception of Grace. 2014 imploded on national signing day as well, and 2015 imploded before national signing day. Golden starts off fast w/ these huge classes and then they just fall apart. I'm not impressed by anything that man has done here.

half of the 2012 class isn't even here. u are right about the scheme. 2013, i guess stacy coley and gus edwards on signing day didnt matter. How did 2014 implode? the only guy they lost was travonte who couldnt get into LSU so he wouldnt be here. 2015, you are 100% right about. Once again, a good coach wins with the talent we have. Butch davis would be in a BCS bowl with our talent.

Advertisement

corn was recruited by everyone was rb. golden felt he would be a better CB. i mean who were really busts? he found armbrister a slow safety who was a late signee, gunter a 2 star juco no one heard of and peirre who no one besides temple wanted and they will all have nfl careers. i think he has no idea how to run a scheme. much different than talent.

this (meaning i agree), goldens problem is the scheme he runs

i saw a lot of tracy in high school and i wasnt too impressed with him coming out, i was really surprised that he was rated so high, as for artie burns he was really really raw at corner coming in, ive stated hes good at one on one coverage but when the ball gets there he messes up a lot of coaches down here thought he was over rated also, corn is a straight up baller, courtel has looked good for us, pierre and zel, walford was a no star comes in and turns into one of the top TEs in the nation, rayshawn scott, the problem that has always been on golden is the scheme and his hard headedness to change it and fire the bad coaches

There is no other way to look it. The amount of talent that has left South Florida during his tenure is downright disgusting. Even this Horse **** "Swag 16" Class is missing some valuable pieces. South Florida even had a nice run of quality DT's. Golden missed on all of them except Moten, who will be ruined if nothing changes with the technique.

So, not only can't this clown coach, but he can't recruit either.
:monkey-serious:

Other than Alex Collins or Dalvin Cook, what South Florida kid did Golden miss out on that would have made a difference in our record last year?

Matt Thomas?
Jaynard Bostwick?
Keith Bryant?

Here are just three:

Amari Cooper
Denver Kirkland
Skai Moore
we missed on Cooper and Moore, but Kirkland f****d us around and got burned, kid was silently committed to UM and FSU in the weeks before signing day and signed with Arkansas... wtf does that tell you.

The Kirkland rumor has been proven to be false... Golden was never high on him... The kid did not commit to two schools... We tried to strong arm him...

Advertisement
if golden got fired and butch came in. we would still have a top 10 class.these kids would be told by their dads, coaches, etc. You all go together to play for butch and u will win in college and have long nfl careers.

Elder was a 4 star on some sites I believe... He was one of our higher rated players... 2 time Mr. Tennesse... I don't think Al is a good recruiter or evaluator... He hasn't done anything to note... He got some good prospects here and there but that will always be the case at UM... I mean Shannon failed here but look at this past draft to see how he was even able to bring in talent... 5 of our draft picks either committed to or signed with RS...

Figs did absolutely nothing... Johnson was a head banger yet decent linebacker(he wasn't a superstar like some fans made him out to be) and Barrow had to beg Al to take Perryman or he would have been tomahawk chopping... I wouldn't say the staff got them right... And I can't put Figs and EJ on DP's level..,

this (meaning i agree), goldens problem is the scheme he runs

i saw a lot of tracy in high school and i wasnt too impressed with him coming out, i was really surprised that he was rated so high, as for artie burns he was really really raw at corner coming in, ive stated hes good at one on one coverage but when the ball gets there he messes up a lot of coaches down here thought he was over rated also, corn is a straight up baller, courtel has looked good for us, pierre and zel, walford was a no star comes in and turns into one of the top TEs in the nation, rayshawn scott, the problem that has always been on golden is the scheme and his hard headedness to change it and fire the bad coaches

He didn't recruit Walford... Walford as well as Duke, Dorsett and Feliciano either sign or committed to Shannon... Al's eye for talent is overrated...

Advertisement
Back