Let's get this straight: Golden is a Mediocre Recruiter

We get south Florida guys but we don't always get the right ones. I believe 11 kids were drafted from Broward/dade this year and 5-6 more from PB.

We just had 6 south Florida guys drafted and Walford + feliciano were complete sleepers

And that's a good ratio. You only can take 20-25 or so in every class. With 6 guys being drafted from south Florida that's the most of any school followed by Louisville who had some as well

Advertisement
We get south Florida guys but we don't always get the right ones. I believe 11 kids were drafted from Broward/dade this year and 5-6 more from PB.

We just had 6 south Florida guys drafted and Walford + feliciano were complete sleepers

And that's a good ratio. You only can take 20-25 or so in every class. With 6 guys being drafted from south Florida that's the most of any school followed by Louisville who had some as well

we should have the most of any school every year from now until the end of the time. What ratio are you talking about though?

Guess where Louisville's primary recruiting ground is.

And I don't wanna hear about how many guys Golden sends to the NFL.

Any slapd!ck can send guys to the NFL from Miami. Even if you're not a good recruiter you will still have guys on your roster who are talented enough to get drafted just by default of where the school is located. You're bound to send some guys to the NFL if you're UM.

I wanna hear about the guys that Miami didn't recruit who are headed to the NFL. The Skai Moore's and Fabian Moreau's of South Florida.

What's the excuse for that? Oh, you didn't know that Moore or Moreau would develop into a good college football player? Then your evaluation skills suck! Those kids were no-brainers as are many of the kids that Golden passes up. Then he turns around and recruits some "developmental" player out of Lee County or some crap.

"The kid is 6'1" with a really nice back-pedal and looks great in a pair of dry-fit shorts. We think he can be a player!"

GTFOH

I am not sure what qualifies as "Metro ATL" but according to this article

South Florida produces most NFL draftees in past three years - NFL.com

South Florida (57) almost tripled Metro ATL (22) from 2012-2014. According to this, it would be hard to believe that metro ATL put in 20 kids in one draft after putting in 22 in three years. George had 30 players selected in this draft so that would mean 2/3 of their draft pool came from metro ATL. Nevertheless, south Florida would still have a substantial advantage (74 to 42) over the past 4 years if that held true

If you get in your car at the capital building and drive 30 minutes in any direction you are in Metro Atlanta. The City of Atlanta is in part of 4 or 5 counties. GA had 17 taken in 2014 17 NFL Draft picks from Georgia is the new norm; four first-rounders is exceptional | Prep Zone: High School Sports blog

I could get into the reasons why GA is climbing so fast but I don't think users in South Florida want to hear it. Point is a crazy amount of talent is now coming out of GA and SEC (GA has the most SEC players) are taking full advantage of it.

I'm not denying GA talent but they still have a long way to go. Like I stated, last 4 years 74 south Florida players drafted (and we have undrafted players such as Hurns making an impact) compared to 42 (this number is generous since Scout has different # than NFL.com which I trust more as a reliable source on hometowns).

Georgia is already a force. Florida had 39 players drafted compared to 30 from Georgia

The point of me bringing all of this up was to point out the percent of highly rates vs players that get drafted. Since GA has more players drafted each year then the have 4 and 5 star talent and Florida has a decent amount less drafted than 4 o4 5 star talent it goes to show that a player is more likely to get that rating in FL than GA. Simply put the players are slightly over rated in FL. It doesn't mean there isn't a ton of talent but the data shows they are less likely to live up to that rating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back