Let's get this straight: Golden is a Mediocre Recruiter

Sonny Long

Thunderdome
Purgatory
There is no other way to look it. The amount of talent that has left South Florida during his tenure is downright disgusting. Even this Horse **** "Swag 16" Class is missing some valuable pieces. South Florida even had a nice run of quality DT's. Golden missed on all of them except Moten, who will be ruined if nothing changes with the technique.

So, not only can't this clown coach, but he can't recruit either.

Advertisement
Golden was a much better recruiter in his first 3 years before the nation learned how poor of a game day coach he is and how bad his staff is overall.

Other than Alex Collins or Dalvin Cook, what South Florida kid did Golden miss out on that would have made a difference in our record last year?

Matt Thomas?
Jaynard Bostwick?
Keith Bryant?

Other than Alex Collins or Dalvin Cook, what South Florida kid did Golden miss out on that would have made a difference in our record last year?

Matt Thomas?
Jaynard Bostwick?
Keith Bryant?

Here are just three:

Amari Cooper
Denver Kirkland
Skai Moore

Matt Thomas?
Jaynard Bostwick?
Keith Bryant?

Here are just three:

Amari Cooper
Denver Kirkland
Skai Moore

Amari Cooper: Nothing to be said
Denver Kirkland: Better than any OL on our roster, except maybe Flowers
Skai Moore: Dude has been a player at USCe since day one. Looked good beating us.

Advertisement
Seems there were 3 WRs who went to OSU and FSU who might have helped last year. What about the LB from Norland who played with Duke. He seems to have done okay too. I will admit that recruiting is Al's best feature, but is like say the 40 is my best race because I can finish anything any longer.

Advertisement
He would be a better recruiter if he won some meaningful games! Funny how that works. Actually now that I think about it, He's actually been amazing at recruiting, if u take into consideration the s#1tty products he's put on the field, year after year! He's still getting better quality kids to drink the kool-aid than a guy with his coaching resume should be able to sign.

Advertisement
golden recruited very well the first 3 years considering the NCAA scared people and shannon had no local pipelines and burned alot of bridges. once people seen he wasnt winning, recruiting dropped off last year. if we won FSU game things are different. however, lets be fair. Matthew Thomas wanted to leave Miami, he doesnt even want to be at FSU. he is a bit of a weirdo. Alex Collins had a shady coach influencing him which his mom made public. Skai Moore i think they held off on offering because Matthew Thomas and Jermaine Grace were there two top choices and sanctions limited them. Bostwick was being feed BS about the NCAA and is looking to transfer anyway. Denver Kirkland i have no idea what really happened. i mean not all of these were goldens fault. 2015 class is his fault. considering the circumstances along with the fact he found some decent surprises like gunter, pierre, and armbrister, all of who will play in NFL. i think talent on the roster is far from the issue.

Matt Thomas?
Jaynard Bostwick?
Keith Bryant?

Here are just three:

Amari Cooper
Denver Kirkland
Skai Moore
we missed on Cooper and Moore, but Kirkland f****d us around and got burned, kid was silently committed to UM and FSU in the weeks before signing day and signed with Arkansas... wtf does that tell you.

Matt Thomas?
Jaynard Bostwick?
Keith Bryant?

Here are just three:

Amari Cooper
Denver Kirkland
Skai Moore
we missed on Cooper and Moore, but Kirkland f****d us around and got burned, kid was silently committed to UM and FSU in the weeks before signing day and signed with Arkansas... wtf does that tell you.

yup. Amari we lost in a transition year plus i can't blame him or going to Bama just like i can't blame a kid for going to FSU or LSU. Florida is a joke.

i mean our teams have not always been 100% florida kids. reed, reggie wayne, dj williams, dorsey, daryl jones, damoine lewis, butch went out and found those kids when we were struggling.

Advertisement
Meh.

If the miracle happens ad he and his staff suddenly learn how to win and to close out the season winning, then he'll do fine at recruiting. (I'm not holding my breath.)

Butch could win the ACC with the talent on our team RIGHT NOW. That's just how much of a better coach and motivator he is and how much better a staff he would put together. It is no secret that all ACC teams would instantly fear Miami if Butch were hired again. But our administration does not want to scare anybody.

Butch could win the ACC with the talent on our team RIGHT NOW. That's just how much of a better coach and motivator he is and how much better a staff he would put together. It is no secret that all ACC teams would instantly fear Miami if Butch were hired again. But our administration does not want to scare anybody.

we had a troll who went to syracuse pretending she was the dean of an ivy league school.

Advertisement
Back