"Let's be NIL U".

But by the same token, Miami has the potential to do well, but they have to win.

This is a net plus for Miami, in the sense that they can control their destiny, maybe not close the entire gap with SEC schools monetarily, but narrow the gap significantly.

BUT MIAMI HAS TO WIN.

If Miami does, they’re probably more marketable than anyone. at the very least, as marketable as anyone.

And that translates directly to NIL dollars.

That’s why I don’t buy all the teeth gnashing with people crying about the big schools and the SEC schools, at least this gives us a path to being in the game as far as dollars, in terms of competing in the money game. Something we did not have before.

I don’t see how this is anything but a positive for Miami.

Yes, we need to win.

I however don't buy that we're the type of brand we used to be or even close, should we get back up on it.

Miami was a renegade program back then. Culturally it was different and made some inroads into the hip hop scene. We weren't a bunch of squares like those we started beating down. We had juice, swag if you will. We represented a culture that was largely ignored and put it center stage.

We changed the game and everyone is pretty much the same these days.

Advertisement
Yes, we need to win.

I however don't buy that we're the type of brand we used to be or even close, should we get back up on it.

Miami was a renegade program back then. Culturally it was different and made some inroads into the hip hop scene. We weren't a bunch of squares like those we started beating down. We had juice, swag if you will. We represented a culture that was largely ignored and put it center stage.

We changed the game and everyone is pretty much the same these days.

Totally disagree. You’re dead wrong.

Miami is still different.

The town, the school, the team, it still has that difference, that little bit of danger, that “not safe, not middle America, not white bread”..if you don’t see that, that’s on you.

Just travel and go to other cities and you’ll see how people feel about Miami not just the school but the city. And if you don’t, just take my word for it, because I hear it plenty.

Totally disagree. You’re dead wrong.

Miami is still different.

The town, the school, the team, it still has that difference, that little bit of danger, that “not safe, not middle America, not white bread”..if you don’t see that, that’s on you.

Just travel and go to other cities and you’ll see how people feel about Miami not just the school but the city. And if you don’t, just take my word for it, because I hear it plenty.

I'm on a two week vacation and you know how much Miami stuff I've seen through six states? Zero. It's been a blast with the kids, mountains, the beach, and heading home end of the week or Saturday.

Now maybe you're a walking, talking billboard for us, so naturally people are going to be polite, but I've gotta question how we even come up if not. Even if you bring it up, there's the polite factor again.

Turn on the news anywhere. If it bleeds, it leads. Again, times have changed. The older generation still remembers the crazy Miami of old, but that crazy is on the news and net everywhere.

You're right in one thing though. We start winning, we'll up our numbers, but we'll agree to disagree that we'll be some national brand approaching our heyday.

I'm on a two week vacation and you know how much Miami stuff I've seen through six states? Zero. It's been a blast with the kids, mountains, the beach, and heading home end of the week or Saturday.

Now maybe you're a walking, talking billboard for us, so naturally people are going to be polite, but I've gotta question how we even come up if not. Even if you bring it up, there's the polite factor again.

Turn on the news anywhere. If it bleeds, it leads. Again, times have changed. The older generation still remembers the crazy Miami of old, but that crazy is on the news and net everywhere.

You're right in one thing though. We start winning, we'll up our numbers, but we'll agree to disagree that we'll be some national brand approaching our heyday.

You missed my point entirely, why would you hear anything about us, we’re not doing anything, and people outside of Miami love to hate us, but they watch us, in Florida and out, but you’re just missing my point entirely, you either get it or you don’t, if we start winning, you’ll see, but hey have fun and enjoy your vacation.

Advertisement
You missed my point entirely, why would you hear anything about us, we’re not doing anything, and people outside of Miami love to hate us, but they watch us, in Florida and out, but you’re just missing my point entirely, you either get it or you don’t, if we start winning, you’ll see, but hey have fun and enjoy your vacation.

People like winners, I get your point.

We just disagree on how national we could be.

We were basically a cultural icon back then. We changed the way teams looked in the years to come. Now most teams look like we did back then.

Tired though and maybe to be continued.

Alabama is at the top of cfb right now so it doesn’t surprise me.
But I’ve said this for years. In terms of marketing and exposure, this program is a **** sleeping giant. Anyone who travels in this country will tell you that you ain’t finding sht with a big *** red A on it outside of the southeast.
If Miami wins and reaches the playoffs the exposure will dwarf anything anyone has seen in long time
A charismatic star player in this city on a winning team will make A killing.
You’ll see his jersey from mile marker 1 to Fairbanks.
People bandwagon Miami teams because people like this city.
Idgaf how many wins or trophies a Bama qb wins. Ain’t nobody outside the sec fanboys buying that jersey. So while some boosters might find a way for some Chinese company to buy a thousand jerseys; a heismaan caliber qb in Miami is a **** nationwide superstar and will have his phone ringing off the hook more than a qb at Bama.

Uhhhhhh; U’re 2nd paragraph is inherently wrong, Bro. I can tell u that since moving back to L.A, at least once a day, I see two cars w/ either a Bama license plate cover or some sort of Bama paraphernalia. I can tell u while in The Bay, I encountered several Bama fans who were not from the state or alum. Most ppl tend to be bandwagoners, bro. I can tell u how many Laker fans became Bulls fans while in elementary school when MJ kept winning.

Advertisement
That’s why I don’t buy all the teeth gnashing with people crying about the big schools and the SEC schools, at least this gives us a path to being in the game as far as dollars, in terms of competing in the money game. Something we did not have before.

I don’t see how this is anything but a positive for Miami.
This. People seem to be confused. They think that teams that have been spending money illegally on players have some type of unlimited budget for dropping bags and paying NIL deals. THE BAG SCHOOLS HAVE NOT BEEN HOLDING BACK. It’s not like they haven’t been completely tapping every resource for years. Alabama boosters haven’t been budgeting their bag money. These guys have been pouring as much cash as they can afford to into buying players for years. The idea that these schools have some kind of unlimited budget but for some reason weren’t using it all these years because…??? Is stupid. Are guys at Alabama going to get NIL deals? Of course. But that 50 grand NIL deal would just have come in the form of a bag prior. Now it will just be legal and taxed.

Look at the coaches. The ones who have been excited about NIL possibilities are the one who know it will help them. The ones who have been against it and don’t talk about it are the ones who know it will hurt them. It’s like being a weed dealer and all of the sudden weed gets legalized in your state and now people can get their weed from whoever they want instead of having to get it from you. Weed dealers hate legal weed. Bag schools hate legal bags.

Look at the coaches. The ones who have been excited about NIL possibilities are the one who know it will help them. The ones who have been against it and don’t talk about it are the ones who know it will hurt them. It’s like being a weed dealer and all of the sudden weed gets legalized in your state and now people can get their weed from whoever they want instead of having to get it from you. Weed dealers hate legal weed. Bag schools hate legal bags.
You must not smoke lol. Weed dealers couldn't give two ***** about legal weed. I have a dispensary one minute from my work, and still get it from the same guy I always did. It's significantly cheaper without taxes and better anyway. They didn't lose anyone to legal weed.

This. People seem to be confused. They think that teams that have been spending money illegally on players have some type of unlimited budget for dropping bags and paying NIL deals. THE BAG SCHOOLS HAVE NOT BEEN HOLDING BACK. It’s not like they haven’t been completely tapping every resource for years. Alabama boosters haven’t been budgeting their bag money. These guys have been pouring as much cash as they can afford to into buying players for years. The idea that these schools have some kind of unlimited budget but for some reason weren’t using it all these years because…??? Is stupid. Are guys at Alabama going to get NIL deals? Of course. But that 50 grand NIL deal would just have come in the form of a bag prior. Now it will just be legal and taxed.
I get the them not now having an unlimited budget point and mostly agree, but that is exactly the same point then that can be made about Miami essentially. They had no support from the city before, but now these people are suddenly fans and wanting to drop all their ad dollars on a no name (in the grand scheme of the city) college kid? There's 30,000 people at the games lol

Advertisement
Uhhhhhh; U’re 2nd paragraph is inherently wrong, Bro. I can tell u that since moving back to L.A, at least once a day, I see two cars w/ either a Bama license plate cover or some sort of Bama paraphernalia. I can tell u while in The Bay, I encountered several Bama fans who were not from the state or alum. Most ppl tend to be bandwagoners, bro. I can tell u how many Laker fans became Bulls fans while in elementary school when MJ kept winning.
Yea I'm in jersey and bama took over it's all u see

You must not smoke lol. Weed dealers couldn't give two ***** about legal weed. I have a dispensary one minute from my work, and still get it from the same guy I always did. It's significantly cheaper without taxes and better anyway. They didn't lose anyone to legal weed.
You must have never sold weed or you wouldn’t think black market weed dealers aren’t losing out. The only way they can sell their product is by selling it significantly cheaper. In places like Florida where medical weed is still new and not a lot of people have prescriptions, it hasn’t hurt them yet. In places where recreational weed is legal and/or most people have medical cards, they have to practically give their weed away. Let’s look at another product that used to be illegal but now is readily available legally, alcohol. Are people still buying home made booze from moonshiners? Yeah, maybe a small handful of people still do but the other 99% but it from the liquor store.

Advertisement
You must have never sold weed or you wouldn’t think black market weed dealers aren’t losing out. The only way they can sell their product is by selling it significantly cheaper. In places like Florida where medical weed is still new and not a lot of people have prescriptions, it hasn’t hurt them yet. In places where recreational weed is legal and/or most people have medical cards, they have to practically give their weed away. Let’s look at another product that used to be illegal but now is readily available legally, alcohol. Are people still buying home made booze from moonshiners? Yeah, maybe a small handful of people still do but the other 99% but it from the liquor store.
Dude. You can't possibly have less of a clue about what you're talking about on the weed situation. You're like a cliche 50 year old white Dad. Just stop

I get the them not now having an unlimited budget point and mostly agree, but that is exactly the same point then that can be made about Miami essentially. They had no support from the city before, but now these people are suddenly fans and wanting to drop all their ad dollars on a no name (in the grand scheme of the city) college kid? There's 30,000 people at the games lol
I would say that players here have an opportunity to do business with owners who aren’t particularly Miami fans though. For example, King singed a deal with that bar on the river. That’s not some Miami booster throwing a player a bone. It’s a promoter trying to use a local celebrity to promote his bar. Yeah, players are likely not going to make a ton that way but it is an opportunity that most small town schools can’t offer.

Dude. You can't possibly have less of a clue about what you're talking about on the weed situation. You're like a cliche 50 year old white Dad. Just stop
Maybe you’re paying full price for black market weed but in California and Colorado those guys have to sell it for pennies because people there aren’t paying full price for a lesser product. You’d pay the same price for a stolen TV as you would from the store?

Also, 50 year old white dudes are the ones actually making money off weed.

Maybe you’re paying full price for black market weed but in California and Colorado those guys have to sell it for pennies because people there aren’t paying full price for a lesser product. You’d pay the same price for a stolen TV as you would from the store?

Also, 50 year old white dudes are the ones actually making money off weed.
It's not a lesser product, and it's cheaper. Like I stated in the first place. The prices aren't even close. Legal weed is taxed, street weed isn't. End of story. I have no idea what comparison you're even trying to make.

Advertisement
Back