"Let's be NIL U".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some great quotes from Evan Stewart eliminating any school who is pushing NIL as a recruiting tool, as he wants to focus on football and that’s what he is there for. Bama’s down payment likely just went up by whatever his NIL would have been.

@SouthParkCane I know he is a Texas guy. I’m assuming this will be the outlier and not the norm for recruits?

Some great quotes from Evan Stewart eliminating any school who is pushing NIL as a recruiting tool, as he wants to focus on football and that’s what he is there for. Bama’s down payment likely just went up by whatever his NIL would have been.

@SouthParkCane I know he is a Texas guy. I’m assuming this will be the outlier and not the norm for recruits?
Interesting. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." Comes to mind...

Advertisement

If I could do some sort of study on it I would. I actually have a lot to say about it. I don’t think it’s an outlier necessarily though. His stance is the opposite of what I would say most Texas kids are like though. But really all he’s saying is that he don’t care about branding himself in college (he’ll get paid regardless) o do think it’s a regional thing though.

The U being the first to embrace the rules should not hurt.

As we saw with the transfer Portal. Many guys here were saying it would hurt us more than help us and were dead wrong.
I think this can have a similar outcome.

Advertisement
One aspect that could be an issue with multiple players having signed deals that are performance based -
infighting.

Imagine Keyshawn watching **** and Wiggy stink up the joint knowing he cant cash in on those bonus due to favoritism.

Good Canes players are gonna lash out or hit the portal

If I could do some sort of study on it I would. I actually have a lot to say about it. I don’t think it’s an outlier necessarily though. His stance is the opposite of what I would say most Texas kids are like though. But really all he’s saying is that he don’t care about branding himself in college (he’ll get paid regardless) o do think it’s a regional thing though.
I remember you saying that about Texas guys and bags. You may have more familiarity but can the schools work to broker these deals? I’m sure if they can’t, companies will be doing that and taking a cut. May be a nice way tk get paid without the work.

Advertisement
I remember you saying that about Texas guys and bags. You may have more familiarity but can the schools work to broker these deals? I’m sure if they can’t, companies will be doing that and taking a cut. May be a nice way tk get paid without the work.
No.
UM cannot facilitate or "connect" the athlete to the deal.

One aspect that could be an issue with multiple players having signed deals that are performance based -
infighting.

Imagine Keyshawn watching **** and Wiggy stink up the joint knowing he cant cash in on those bonus due to favoritism.

Good Canes players are gonna lash out or hit the portal
It’s a contract that pays you for your likeness. It’s not a contract that pays you for football like an NFL contract. You’re gonna hurt yourself reaching this hard.

Besides, kids could have hit the portal already if they felt there was some kind of “favoritism”. None have besides two grad transfers who transferred to G5 programs.

Advertisement
Back