Let’s name some CIS corching savages

manny and every other coach after him will have to work VERY hard to top 48-0 to virginia in the final game of the orange bowl for worst loss in program history

It’s close, but I think Manny topped that with the FIU loss.

Especially since that game was on the site of the Orange Bowl.

Advertisement
It is kind of weird how Saban and Dabo are the only two of those six coaches who I'm that impressed with.

Jimbo without Winston has not been super impressive. Mack Brown had his days, but he's done now. I never thought Les Miles was that great, and I'm less impressed with him now more than ever with how amazingly bad Kansas is this year.

I'm not even going to comment on Ed Orgeron.
Weird how Saban and Dabo have both had a run of great college QBs surrounded with talent.

Jimbo owes Winston.
Mack owes Vince Young.

It’s close, but I think Manny topped that with the FIU loss.

Especially since that game was on the site of the Orange Bowl.

I went to both games unfortunately the 48-0 loss was worse. Much worse.

And it’s not even close.

I was physically sick at both.

But that last game at the Orange bowl was a lot more meaningful.

The game at the baseball stadium was an oddity.

The orange bowl game had historical and emotional meaning. You just write what you want to write so you can hate the way you want to hate. There’s nothing logical or reasonable about that opinion

I went to both games unfortunately the 48-0 loss was worse. Much worse.

And it’s not even close.

I was physically sick at both.

But that last game at the Orange bowl was a lot more meaningful.

The game at the baseball stadium was an oddity.

The orange bowl game had historical and emotional meaning. You just write what you want to write so you can hate the way you want to hate. There’s nothing logical or reasonable about that opinion

Virginia was infinitely worse.

Advertisement
Kind of off topic, but figured I’d ask. Who is the strength coach at Ohio State? I know I can look, but I’m sure a bunch of you guys already know. They are a team of beast

Manny and Mario are also the only two second year coaches currently ranked in the Top 25.

Mullen is the only 3rd year coach. That's a whole lot of coaches with more tenure and less success.
You are really going to die on this Manny hill huh? Theres no way you can watch every game & think he is competent & the guy to get this program back to winning consistently.

Virginia was infinitely worse.

Nationally televised game, nationally hyped game, celebrities everywhere. All kinds of pregame and post game ceremonies and a team that simply did not give a shlt from top to bottom. Totally humiliated 48 to nothing. Zero effort. I don’t know how the two games are even close. The grand old lady did not deserve that sendoff.

You are really going to die on this Manny hill huh? Theres no way you can watch every game & think he is competent & the guy to get this program back to winning consistently.

I’m not dying on any hill. Manny wins or he ends up getting fired, simple as can be.

But he’s winning now so I’ll enjoy it. Until he starts losing, which I don’t see happening much this year, I’ll just enjoy it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny Diaz, hired after a 1 hour national search. Proceeds to have 3 of the worse loses in Miami Hurricane football history in his first season

Sits atop the hill of corches
Trying to think how many rings he would have to win here for me to forgive him for that FIU game

Mike Locksley, was called a savage by many after drubbing a terrible Syracuse team and then proceeds to win like 1 or 2 games

Dino Babers, was apparently some sort of God because he managed to upset Clemson once a decade ago and is now in charge of a 1-6 Syracuse team in his 5th year

And to to top them all off Mack Brown, apparently a savage because of his recruiting but sputters on the field losing to a terrible FSU team and a 1-5 UVA squad, reminds me of his last few years at Texas
Who you got, buddy? Other than Dabo, Saban, and Day? You can literally go down the AP poll and point out a bad loss, a terrible decision that cost his team a game, or some other issue. Let’s see your list.

Advertisement
The thing is a lot of y’all make great points for coaches whether it’s the one we have or other coaches but y’all go to the extreme lol. Don’t underestimate how difficult it is to run a successful program. There’s only a handful ELITE proven coaches out there. Toss in some very good ones but building a program isn’t easy.

seems to be a lot less then there used to be

in the early 2000s you had spurrier, butch, bowden, bob stoops, fulmer, beamer, and quite a few others

now? there's like 3?

Advertisement
All coaches have bad losses.

I'd take Franklin in a heartbeat, and he's 0-2 with a loss against Indiana.

But another CIS all-star that lasted about two weeks was Satterfield

Manny and Mario are also the only two second year coaches currently ranked in the Top 25.

Mullen is the only 3rd year coach. That's a whole lot of coaches with more tenure and less success.

Mullen has been a HC for a lot longer than three seasons.

Advertisement
Back