Let’s go ahead and start a second wave portal thread

Some slapd!cks and shrimpfvcks are concerned, yes. But most rational people who aren't afraid of their own shadow are not concerned for a variety of reasons. Here's just a few:

1. For the most part, our top targets have not verbally committed elsewhere.
2. Many of our few targets who have committed elsewhere have not even visited the school they committed to.
3. COVID has had recruiting in a dead period that will have lasted for about 15 months, so suffice to say it's not a normal cycle.
4. Kids aren't even allowed to go on official visits until June.
5. Most kids don't even seriously consider committing until the summer before their senior year.
6. We have a ton of our top targets officially visiting in June and/or attending an unofficial visit type event.

Again, everyone worried should clutch their purses tightly and try to summon up the courage to hold their tongue until Labor Day weekend. If UM's 2022 class is still ranked outside the top 30 come September 7, 2021, you can officially start worrying out loud without sounding like a person with a cherry Jell-O spine.
Well are you the toughest ******* this side of the E webs.
You realize how many of our “targets” are also being heavily recruited by SEC schools and the bigger ones at that. We haven’t exactly been holding our own on these deals in the past ten years.
I don’t think it’s crazy to be a bit concerned when dudes are definitely still committing elsewhere.

Advertisement
Well I haven’t been paying super close attention. But I know there are plenty of schools getting kids committed. I’m just not sure that on June 1 it’s going to be some kind of flood of recruits. Hopefully.
I did find a separate thread where you were arguing with someone who has apparently been beating a dead horse about it.
All good man, I’m just a bit worried given our track record. But this is a different staff, I guess we will see.
All good man sorry to come off as a ****. That one guy a lot of people were going at it with just mentions it every week about our class having only 1 commit. It's unusual to see given our track record like you mentioned but with the pandemic and Manny not pushing for early commitments, I'm not too worried about this class.

I'd rather this happen then having 18 guys committed now and half of them bailing come fall.

Some slapd!cks and shrimpfvcks are concerned, yes. But most rational people who aren't afraid of their own shadow are not concerned for a variety of reasons. Here's just a few:

1. For the most part, our top targets have not verbally committed elsewhere.
2. Many of our few targets who have committed elsewhere have not even visited the school they committed to.
3. COVID has had recruiting in a dead period that will have lasted for about 15 months, so suffice to say it's not a normal cycle.
4. Kids aren't even allowed to go on official visits until June.
5. Most kids don't even seriously consider committing until the summer before their senior year.
6. We have a ton of our top targets officially visiting in June and/or attending an unofficial visit type event.

Again, everyone worried should clutch their purses tightly and try to summon up the courage to hold their tongue until Labor Day weekend. If UM's 2022 class is still ranked outside the top 30 come September 7, 2021, you can officially start worrying out loud without sounding like a person with a cherry Jell-O spine.
You forgot beatdicks and bluewaffles

Well are you the toughest ******* this side of the E webs.
You realize how many of our “targets” are also being heavily recruited by SEC schools and the bigger ones at that. We haven’t exactly been holding our own on these deals in the past ten years.
I don’t think it’s crazy to be a bit concerned when dudes are definitely still committing elsewhere.

My friend, you asked a question and I simply tried to answer it. With legitimate reasons. I expect when we look back on this post after 4th of July weekend, UM will have at least a half dozen commits. I've been a UM fan for decades, and my alarm bells will only go off if, after the wave of summer commitments has passed, UM hasn't made much progress in the next 3-1/2 months.

Beyond holding you tight and telling you it's all going to be okay, I don't know what else I can do. But if you want that sort of treatment I will need to see pics first, and require at least one decent dinner w/ a bottle of wine, hahaha.

All good man sorry to come off as a ****. That one guy a lot of people were going at it with just mentions it every week about our class having only 1 commit. It's unusual to see given our track record like you mentioned but with the pandemic and Manny not pushing for early commitments, I'm not too worried about this class.

I'd rather this happen then having 18 guys committed now and half of them bailing come fall.
Which is also completely understandable. I just wonder if there isn’t a middle ground. Lol like 4-5 at least? I mean what keeps me from worrying too too much is the fact that we have a qb as the one.

Advertisement
My friend, you asked a question and I simply tried to answer it. With legitimate reasons. I expect when we look back on this post after 4th of July weekend, UM will have at least a half dozen commits. I've been a UM fan for decades, and my alarm bells will only go off if, after the wave of summer commitments has passed, UM hasn't made much progress in the next 3-1/2 months.

Beyond holding you tight and telling you it's all going to be okay, I don't know what else I can do. But if you want that sort of treatment I will need to see pics first, and require at least one decent dinner w/ a bottle of wine, hahaha.
Well if you been doing this for decades then you hopefully understand just how 17 years old your response read. I’ve been here since close to the start of the site and grassy prior to that. I’d say online since around 03.
To say recruiting has evolved would be an understatement, generally teams have at least half of their class by now. We operate in the land of zero loyalty and it’s all about the relationship$ and the SEC, Bama in particular, is doing work in our backyard. There are kids that were crystal balled to us committing elsewhere and all anyone is willing to say is wait for June 1.

So what are we thinking there will be a record number of commits in June? You said July 4th. So how many do you suspect we will see? What do the south Florida kids we are recruiting need to see? They’ve been here plenty. They know what it looks like, they have friends on the team. Or do you think they are actually waiting to see other places and what they have to offer?

Good news is we have 24 openings! Hopefully you can come back to this and offer to buy me dinner, at which time I’ll order you up your favorite, 2 hot dogs, extra skin, no bun, extra Mayo! Lol

All good bro. I didn’t actually ask you a question. When I do, I know how the quote function works.

Well I haven’t been paying super close attention. But I know there are plenty of schools getting kids committed. I’m just not sure that on June 1 it’s going to be some kind of flood of recruits. Hopefully.
I did find a separate thread where you were arguing with someone who has apparently been beating a dead horse about it.
All good man, I’m just a bit worried given our track record. But this is a different staff, I guess we will see.
Well then you haven't been paying attention for years. We always start off as one of the hottest teams in America only to have several kids give the famous "Respect my decision tweets". So maybe this year we're trying a different tactic and it might just work out for us.

Advertisement
Well then you haven't been paying attention for years. We always start off as one of the hottest teams in America only to have several kids give the famous "Respect my decision tweets". So maybe this year we're trying a different tactic and it might just work out for us.
I understand the different tactic. I just can’t help but wonder if there’s not a middle ground. Cause only having 1 when even the crappiest teams in our conference have more than us. I just don’t think there’s a way around being the bridesmaid when many of these kids aren’t using logic when it all comes down to it.
What exactly makes you so confident it will work out for us? I’m willing to buy in, but what am I buying in to? Is there a track record I can refer to?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot_20210514-001032_Chrome.jpg

Get Dimitri Moore, tell Jennings to pack his bags, and I'm feeling much better about our linebacker situation next year.

Passed on the Texas LB but taking Moore? Havent seen much film on him but he didnt stand out from what i saw. I dont get it. He plays OLB and the Texas LB plays MLB but at this point what does he bring to the table?
Moore was an ILB in Derek Mason's 3-4 scheme. I'm certain he would play MLB if he came to Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back