Let’s go ahead and start a second wave portal thread

Passed on the Texas LB but taking Moore? Havent seen much film on him but he didnt stand out from what i saw. I dont get it. He plays OLB and the Texas LB plays MLB but at this point what does he bring to the table?
Moore is better then the Texas LB but neither are better then the USC one. USC LB would bring I'm a immediate impact to the run Defense

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those who have watched film who is better Texas LB, Vandy LB or the USC linebacker? I havent watched enough of either. I do find it strange the vandy lb has been in the portal for so long.

For those who have watched film who is better Texas LB, Vandy LB or the USC linebacker? I havent watched enough of either. I do find it strange the vandy lb has been in the portal for so long.
No expert but the Vandy LB showed great instincts and appeared well-coached based on the film from the UiF game. He did get swallowed up on a few plays tho.

The USC linebacker (signed with Texas) looks like he is one dimensional (attacking and rushing the QB). Not sure he diagnoses plays well but loves to make a big hit. I did not watch the Texas LB film.

I like the Vandy LB the best. He also has two years of eligibility left.

Advertisement
Passed on the Texas LB but taking Moore? Havent seen much film on him but he didnt stand out from what i saw. I dont get it. He plays OLB and the Texas LB plays MLB but at this point what does he bring to the table?
I actually saw it the complete opposite. The Texas kid was meh, while playing on a meg defense. Loaded with 4-5 star talent . Unlike Dimitri he didn’t look instinctual at all.

Advertisement
They replaced a meh lb with another one.
I think gaoteote is significantly better in run Defense. Yes Palei has Injury concerns but he's good good size and speed and can actually shed blocks. He has pass rushing ability and is a sideline to sideline LB. He also is a big hitter. Palei was getting 4th-5th round draft grades before 2020. Injuries are a concern though. Now Ohio State is getting in the mix for Palei these are major schools trying to land him

Advertisement
I think gaoteote is significantly better in run Defense. Yes Palei has Injury concerns but he's good good size and speed and can actually shed blocks. He has pass rushing ability and is a sideline to sideline LB. He also is a big hitter. Palei was getting 4th-5th round draft grades before 2020. Injuries are a concern though. Now Ohio State is getting in the mix for Palei these are major schools trying to land him
The staff didn’t like him especially in coverage.

Advertisement
Back