Let’s go ahead and start a second wave portal thread

I actually saw it the complete opposite. The Texas kid was meh, while playing on a meg defense. Loaded with 4-5 star talent . Unlike Dimitri he didn’t look instinctual at all.
Do you foresee a learning curve if he transfers here or should he be ready to go for Bama?

Advertisement
Don’t get the criticism of the Dimitri Moore interest?

-2+ seasons of experience in the SEC

-very productive with over 200 career tackles

-SEC coaches named him preseason all-SEC before he sat out last year (grandfather passed from Covid)

Definitely would have potential to be an all-ACC LB for us, which would be a big upgrade.

-SEC coaches named him preseason all-SEC before he sat out last year (grandfather passed from Covid)

Definitely would have potential to be an all-ACC LB for us, which would be a big upgrade.
I agree. I think he's exactly what we need.

Because the criticism is lazy.

Idk what tape people are watching but this looks like a productive kid with experience in the SEC that played for an excellent defensive coach in Derek Mason. He’s not going to run a 4.4 but there’s not many ILB types that can. This guy would be the best LB on the team day 1 without question. He’s instinctive, athletic enough, and most importantly can tackle. Sign me up.

Advertisement
That Northwestern kid Fisher who didn't even get drafted was 10x better than anyone on our team and held up just fine against top offenses. He wasn't ideal NFL measurables, but was instinctual, able to diagnose plays and line everyone up.

Hopefully this Vandy kid is that type of kid. He's more athletic than Fisher. And given his production, I have to think he'll have a huge and positive impact at Miami if he comes here. Roche or bigger impact IMO. And it will be felt more because we're so much worse off at MLB than we were at DE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back