Let’s get this stadium done!!

I have a prejudice view. I live in Hollywood close to 95 about 15 minutes away. I use to live in Pembroke Pines near the Miramar border a few miles from University which turns into NW 27th Ave. right by the stadium.

I can tell you that if they build a new stadium in Coral Gables, I won't be buying season tickets anymore.
Well you can count on ACCN's fabulous coverage of the games.

Advertisement
Metrorail could be a big player and would help with the parking issue also. I would strongly suggest that if this becomes feasible, that a stadium somewhat bigger than 50K seats is considered... 65K should be adequate.
I remember back in the 70's taking shuttle buses from what would later be FIU, and ride to the Orange Bowl to see Dolphin and Canes games. Imagine that... shuttle buses... genius.
I could get with rail service. That makes the most sense. People could get in and out. That shuttle BS is for the birds. I don't want to be waiting 1-2 hours just to leave the stadium.

I have a prejudice view. I live in Hollywood close to 95 about 15 minutes away. I use to live in Pembroke Pines near the Miramar border a few miles from University which turns into NW 27th Ave. right by the stadium.

I can tell you that if they build a new stadium in Coral Gables, I won't be buying season tickets anymore.
I'll be fvcked regardless cause we're considering a move to Naples.

How did I already know that... LOL.
If they build it near rail service or add rail service to the new stadium, then I'm all in. I'm not going to be spending 1/2 a day getting in and out of Coral Gables. Getting to Hard Rock is much easier for people who live North or South.

Advertisement
I could get with rail service. That makes the most sense. People could get in and out. That shuttle BS is for the birds. I don't want to be waiting 1-2 hours just to leave the stadium.
We'll see how this plays out... another topic that is controversial and everybody who's a Canes fan has a stake in it.
BTW... I'm not a Fins fan so that plays into my feeling as well.

We'll see how this plays out... another topic that is controversial and everybody who's a Canes fan has a stake in it.
BTW... I'm not a Fins fan so that plays into my feeling as well.
I'm an Eagles fan. Lived in Central New Jersey for 20 years.

If they build a stadium in Coral Gables, they better have rail access.

No one gives a **** If you don’t buy season tickets. Stadium will be full without you.

Advertisement
Yes correct... but if I had my way on this it's gonna be Key Largo and downsize... wife wants to be close to grandkids in Naples.
Well, you know she won that battle. However, I would just stay in a hotel either Friday, Saturday or both. So, it's not all bad. You can make a weekend of Canes football. Wifey would be happy getting to shop and dine in Miami restaurants.

You just have make season tickets and weekend stays contingent on your move to Naples.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Like its full now. You're delusional if you think the stadium is going to be full just because its closer to the school. The stadium will only be full if the team is winning at a high level regardless of which stadium they call home.
Hence, once the stadium is done, you won’t be missed. Another Broward clown who only cares about their inconvenience instead of the bigger picture of the program. You won’t be missed.

No one gives a **** If you don’t buy season tickets. Stadium will be full without you.
Oh what, all the people around Miami going to buy up the tickets the people in Broward and Palm Beach don't buy?
Hence, once the stadium is done, you won’t be missed. Another Broward clown who only cares about their inconvenience instead of the bigger picture of the program. Yo won’tDbe missed.
Dude ***** off. This was never about just me. It's about all the Canes fans. What's best for the fans is going to be best for the school since the fans are paying.

Like its full now. You're delusional if you think the stadium is going to be full just because its closer to the school. The stadium will only be full if the team is winning at a high level regardless of which stadium they call home.
We can go back to the OB years and get an idea about attendance. I had season tickets for 22 years... and yes games with the likes of VT, Pitt and Florida A&M were in the 30K's.

Advertisement
Back