Let’s get this stadium done!!

Advertisement
I mean this dude is willing to drop 500 mil + of his OWN money?

that's phil knight type of sh*t right there

even if this doesn't work as timely or smoothly as we hope, we are officially f*ckin

If ten large 54 passenger busses have time to make 5 round trips, fully loaded, that moves a total of 2700 people to the game. Busses are inefficient. They can be a small part of the solution, but they aren't the answer.

Again, there is plenty of land, or mucho real estate as you put it, but it's parkland. Land that is utilized by 1.5M visitors a year for a myriad number of events, uses, recreation, etc. You'd need to turn the majority of that into parking lots to accommodate 7+ days of football a year. That sort of destruction of widely used community land just doesn't happen in this day and age. Robert Moses is not walking through that door. I'm not trying to be a downer, but killing dozens of acres of park for parking... tough sell, my friend.

View attachment 165604
Fill in those man-made ponds... all that hangs around there are homos, criminals and pedophiles... football is safe!

Advertisement
Sir, its a different time. I am 44. I grew up on Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy, so i recall seeing the change very vividly. It is what it is.
So what happened to Dave Chappell... are those vintage jokes?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just thinking out loud.

This will spur a lot of development around the area, hotels, more restaurants, etc. who’s to say, hotels won’t have special deals for Canes fans from far away spots to come and spend the weekend with their families or kids, or even just friends/girlfriends as part of the ticket package deal. ****, the Grove is a 2-minute Uber ride away from there.

Example: Whenever there is a concert or a special event at the Tacoma Dome here, I’ve seen hotels fill up from people coming and spending the night or the weekend around Tacoma, with families, friends and all.
Thanks bc it’s Tacoma, not Miami

Advertisement
People talk about TP a lot, and yes, there is a field there and you could replace it with a stadium while only annexing a reasonable amount of the surrounding land, but you'd need to create a ton of parking, and the only way to do that is to pave over a metric crap ton of parkland. Killing a park is a BFD which does not get done easily, if at all. Most metros are trying to create more parks, not take them away. It would be a WAR. And a horrible, horrible look for the U, probably. Maybe worse than a war with Coral Gables, even, because we're not talking about killing a historic park.

People complain about parking at Hard Rock, and they probably have 3x-4x the amount of land the stadium takes up designated for parking. I just don't see it.

Nothing a little grease can't fix.
200.gif

Advertisement
Back