Let’s get this stadium done!!

Oh what, all the people around Miami going to buy up the tickets the people in Broward and Palm Beach don't buy?

Dude ***** off. This was never about just me. It's about all the Canes fans.
You’re a moron If you don’t think we can fill a 50k stadium. You’re a moron if you don’t understand the amount of money this means to the Athletic Department. You’re a moron if you don’t understand what this does for Miami as a city. **** Broward and their fans. HRS is great now but you guys can suck it if Ruiz comes through.

Advertisement
We can go back to the OB years and get an idea about attendance. I had season tickets for 22 years... and yes games with the likes of VT, Pitt and Florida A&M were in the 30K's.
I'm about doing what makes sense. The reasons given thus far by the administration to the media doesn't.

Controlling revenue as you pointed out does make sense.

You’re a moron If you don’t think we can fill a 50k stadium. You’re a moron if you don’t understand the amount of money this means to the Athletic Department. You’re a moron if you don’t understand what this does for Miami as a city. **** Broward and their fans. HRS is great now but you guys can suck it if Ruiz comes through.
It's not getting filled now. The stadium gets filled by winning. PERIOD. Now STFU!!!!

Advertisement
I love Princeton, NJ. Would probably have ended up there if not for me and the Wife relocating to Maryland for work. We would always go to Princeton to eat, go to the school for basketball games etc.
I lived in Plainsboro for several years as well so I know what you're talking about in Princeton.

Advertisement
I'm about doing what makes sense. The reasons given thus far by the administration to the media doesn't.

Controlling revenue as you pointed out does make sense.
Controlling revenue should be first and foremost... unless you consider dirty politics as in Marlin's park.

Advertisement
I lived in Cranbury near Hightown exit 8 NJ Turnpike. I also lived in Plainsboro a few years. I used to commute to NYC where I worked for a financial company for several years.
I have an old boxing coach who worked in the Astoria Federal plaza in Lake Success NY...... Cranbury is beautiful, that's awesome ..

@gruntking, Let's get on that group call for the game!!

I hate SIRI!!!!

Last edited:
That's why I like to see the different options that surface. As I said in post #48 parking issues can be dealt with with shuttle buses, and also the Metrorail could be an option depending on where the stadium is placed. I know TP very well and there is mucho real estate there especially on the east side by where Santas Enchanted Forest was and south of that spot.
Anyway, I love to hear about people who feel as I do but have much more mula than I do, who want a permanent "crib" for our beloved Canes.

If ten large 54 passenger busses have time to make 5 round trips, fully loaded, that moves a total of 2700 people to the game. Busses are inefficient. They can be a small part of the solution, but they aren't the answer.

Again, there is plenty of land, or mucho real estate as you put it, but it's parkland. Land that is utilized by 1.5M visitors a year for a myriad number of events, uses, recreation, etc. You'd need to turn the majority of that into parking lots to accommodate 7+ days of football a year. That sort of destruction of widely used community land just doesn't happen in this day and age. Robert Moses is not walking through that door. I'm not trying to be a downer, but killing dozens of acres of park for parking... tough sell, my friend.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 12.29.59 AM.png

Last edited:
I have an old boxing coach who worked in the Astoria Federal plaza in Lake Success NY...... Cranberry is beautiful, that's awesome ..

@gruntking, Let's get on that group call for the game!!
Yah I got lucky. When a realtor was showing us some homes, he had to stop by his house and we saw a for sale sign in his neighborhood that we wound up buying. It had a 1/2 acre lot backing up to protected land so there were no houses behind us. Used to get deer in my backyard until I put up a fence.

Advertisement
If ten large 54 passenger busses have time to make 5 round trips, fully loaded, that moves a total of 2700 people to the game. Busses are inefficient. They can be a small part of the solution, but they aren't the answer.

Again, there is plenty of land, or mucho real estate as you put it, but it's parkland. Land that is utilized by 1.5M visitors a year for a myriad number of events, uses, recreation, etc. You'd need to turn the majority of that into parking lots to accommodate 7+ days of football a year. That sort of destruction of widely used community land just doesn't happen in this day and age. Robert Moses is not walking through that door.

View attachment 165604
Need rail access.

Advertisement
Back