Legendary Status - WhatTheHell

Symonds would choke on his words if he did even a modicum of research to realize the high concentration of lawyers, doctors, business owners, military/police and generally well-heeled alumnus and supporters in the WEZ were a huge part of the driving force behind the banner campaign. And thanks to forcing the AD's hand, the school has already sold over a thousand *new* season tickets plus the required donations to the Hurricane Club since Richt was hired.

But yeah, we're unemployed and complete trogs. Herp Derp. Clowns like him inside the ivory tower do not matter, now or ever. Just another empty suit eeking out a career at our expense. So be it, just win at football and shut your **** mouth.

The richest part of it all is that he took offense to the banners criticizing a professional performance (or lack thereof) and responds with baseless personal attacks at members of the fanbase/alumni. And this twerp's job supposedly requires some level of public relations acumen? It's a systematic tone deafness and ineptitude in Hecht that hopefully is overridden by a competent football ceo/defacto face of the athletics dept.

Email I sent yesterday morning to the ****ant (CC'd Blake and Blake's secretary)

Mr. Symonds,

I read with great interest your comments made to ESPN The Magazine in the following article Uni Watch's Friday Flashback -- Green Bay Packers beat rush to mono-color uniforms

"These people," Miami sports information director Tom Symonds said, referring to the cabal behind the banners, "are just looking for a reaction. If we did them that favor and gave them that reaction, we'd be encouraging this sort of thing. We'd be giving attention to people who crave it."

"None of that surprises me," he said. "These are people who take time out of their days to put up banners and harass people online. They don't have anything else to do with themselves. They don't have jobs."

For someone with the title "Sports Information Director" (according to the article), you are incredibly tone deaf to the voice of our passionate fan base. It's because of your indifference and the perceived indifference of the Athletic Department as a whole, that the banners flew. Our voice matters.

May I suggest you take on the attitude of our newly hired head coach. When asked about the banners in an interview after his hiring, CMR said he'd like to "embrace the fans who flew the banners and thank them". What a marked difference between his attitude and yours. The difference between a consummate professional and a petty and petulant amateur.

4:00 minute mark 404 Page Not Found

The day we stop caring is the day the university should shut the program down.

By the way, we were right. All of SoFla media knows it. All of college football knows it. Our new coach knows it. It's high time you embrace that fact.

Now, back to my unemployed life where I, in my free time, run a multi-million dollar company and a new startup franchise.

Go Canes!

OzarCaneSaw
And the response I received from Blake James last night (at 9:30 p.m.:eek:) At least he's listening and responding.
Thank you for your email and for your continued passionate support of our football program.

Tom was wrong to make the comments that he did and I have already addressed the issue with him. As I have said over the past year, I viewed the banners as a sign of the tremendous passion of our fan base. While I may not have agreed with the approach, I understood the frustration and the message being communicated. Listening to the thoughts and concerns of our fan base is very important to me and something that I believe my record reflects.

Thank you again for your email and I hope that we all rally around Coach Richt and the team as we head into our bowl game.

Go Canes!
Blake

from my iPhone

That's a respectable reply by Blake. Hopefully it's indicative of them finally starting to wake up down there but at least it's a solid effort on his part to take Symonds to task and to offer you a decent response.

Advertisement
You could utilize your fingers to sum the total IQ of the posters on that 'WEZ' board. They represent the armpit of UM fans. They are more suited to a career in ISIS than in the USA. Not to mention that their posts lack even the most basic grammar..........

upset-jaguars-fan.gif

Oh the irony......

Symonds would choke on his words if he did even a modicum of research to realize the high concentration of lawyers, doctors, business owners, military/police and generally well-heeled alumnus and supporters in the WEZ were a huge part of the driving force behind the banner campaign. And thanks to forcing the AD's hand, the school has already sold over a thousand *new* season tickets plus the required donations to the Hurricane Club since Richt was hired.

But yeah, we're unemployed and complete trogs. Herp Derp. Clowns like him inside the ivory tower do not matter, now or ever. Just another empty suit eeking out a career at our expense. So be it, just win at football and shut your **** mouth.

The richest part of it all is that he took offense to the banners criticizing a professional performance (or lack thereof) and responds with baseless personal attacks at members of the fanbase/alumni. And this twerp's job supposedly requires some level of public relations acumen? It's a systematic tone deafness and ineptitude in Hecht that hopefully is overridden by a competent football ceo/defacto face of the athletics dept.

Email I sent yesterday morning to the ****ant (CC'd Blake and Blake's secretary)

Mr. Symonds,

I read with great interest your comments made to ESPN The Magazine in the following article Uni Watch's Friday Flashback -- Green Bay Packers beat rush to mono-color uniforms

"These people," Miami sports information director Tom Symonds said, referring to the cabal behind the banners, "are just looking for a reaction. If we did them that favor and gave them that reaction, we'd be encouraging this sort of thing. We'd be giving attention to people who crave it."

"None of that surprises me," he said. "These are people who take time out of their days to put up banners and harass people online. They don't have anything else to do with themselves. They don't have jobs."

For someone with the title "Sports Information Director" (according to the article), you are incredibly tone deaf to the voice of our passionate fan base. It's because of your indifference and the perceived indifference of the Athletic Department as a whole, that the banners flew. Our voice matters.

May I suggest you take on the attitude of our newly hired head coach. When asked about the banners in an interview after his hiring, CMR said he'd like to "embrace the fans who flew the banners and thank them". What a marked difference between his attitude and yours. The difference between a consummate professional and a petty and petulant amateur.

4:00 minute mark 404 Page Not Found

The day we stop caring is the day the university should shut the program down.

By the way, we were right. All of SoFla media knows it. All of college football knows it. Our new coach knows it. It's high time you embrace that fact.

Now, back to my unemployed life where I, in my free time, run a multi-million dollar company and a new startup franchise.

Go Canes!

OzarCaneSaw
And the response I received from Blake James last night (at 9:30 p.m.:eek:) At least he's listening and responding.
Thank you for your email and for your continued passionate support of our football program.

Tom was wrong to make the comments that he did and I have already addressed the issue with him. As I have said over the past year, I viewed the banners as a sign of the tremendous passion of our fan base. While I may not have agreed with the approach, I understood the frustration and the message being communicated. Listening to the thoughts and concerns of our fan base is very important to me and something that I believe my record reflects.

Thank you again for your email and I hope that we all rally around Coach Richt and the team as we head into our bowl game.

Go Canes!
Blake

from my iPhone

I'll give Blake credit on that response. Would never in a million years expected him to give that feedback so quickly.

I hope this is a sign of the AD he is to be now that he is out from under the thumb of Donna Shalala. It's seriously insane how she beat down our athletic department for so long.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back