LB Jaylin Alderman commits to Miami

Advertisement
Loop Lego GIF

The staff definitely didn’t feel 100% confidence with the young guys to run away with the starting role

Don’t mind this take as this season is huge to put some results on the field and double digit wins on the record book.

As you noted too Guidry loves hockey line change outs with his front 7 so I’m sure guys like Popo, pulliam and others will still see plenty of reps

Advertisement
Don’t like this take at all.
Solid veteran starters Mauigoa and Bissanthe
Young talented 2 nd year guys Popo Pullum and BWashington plus 1 st year Hayes and Pruitt who are looking good.That’s seven guys for 2 spots, lot of talent there and you take some dude from Louisville?
At some point you have to develop your own players, otherwise you are doomed to rely on portal forever.

I love CIS. One poster is clearly right and one posters clearly still overvalues Miami players in the roster.

I’ll let you all decide.
IMG_7395.jpeg

How anyone sees this as a bad take is wild.

Did y’all watch #31 last year?

I’m a huge fan of Wes but he doesn’t have high football IQ.

Chase smith has been injured his whole career.

Popo & Washington haven’t played much.
Bryant is now a DE.

Y’all really could’ve felt comfortable in a must win year for this them to stay with that group?

That crazy. This is a very solid pickup and much needed to sure up the LB room with maturity and someone who has played a ton of high level snaps in college.

Young talented 2 nd year guys Popo Pullum and BWashington plus 1 st year Hayes and Pruitt who are looking good.That’s seven guys for 2 spots, lot of talent there and you take some dude from Louisville?
At some point you have to develop your own players, otherwise you are doomed to rely on portal forever.
We are in win now mode. Linebackers rotate in and out extensively. Linebackers get banged up a lot. There are plenty of snaps for the young guys to get playing time and develop while also making sure we have the experience and skill to push to that next level.

How anyone sees this as a bad take is wild.

Did y’all watch #31 last year?

I’m a huge fan of Wes but he doesn’t have high football IQ.

Chase smith has been injured his whole career.

Popo & Washington haven’t played much.
Bryant is now a DE.

Y’all really could’ve felt comfortable in a must win year for this them to stay with that group?

That crazy. This is a very solid pickup and much needed to sure up the LB room with maturity and someone who has played a ton of high level snaps in college.
Thank you!
im like...watch our games yall....jfc

Advertisement
I swear some of you must eat your food through a straw

We are in win now mode. Linebackers rotate in and out extensively. Linebackers get banged up a lot. There are plenty of snaps for the young guys to get playing time and develop while also making sure we have the experience and skill to push to that next level.

Also this helps with kickoff ST more LB

Also this helps with kickoff ST more LB
Absolutely. Plus given the amount of contact LBs are involved with, it is almost guaranteed that Kiko and Wes will miss a game here and there with injury. Having another starter quality LB with extensive experience to go along with the skillet means not being downgraded at the position for any game, especially if it happens during a rivalry or big ACC game. If Popo or one of the other young guys can step up and make it a true 4 man rotation the position group will be ready for a playoff level run. There would still be plenty of snaps for the younger guys as well, especially if we take control against easier teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saying that this guy is BETTER than Cloyd is CRAZY! He had 11 more tackles than Cloyd but had 2x snaps!! 600 to 300 snaps!! Cloyd is also bigger, faster, and stronger. Same with Wes. As many mistakes as he made last year, he also produced more per snap than this guy. This guy is barely around the ball it seems or he is and is not making the tackles. Hopefully he takes another step here, cause he’s not that good. He’s only making a tackle every 11 defensive snaps he’s out there.

Advertisement
Back