LB Jaylin Alderman commits to Miami

The Wire Laugh GIF

Advertisement
I get the uneasiness, but maybe we just ain’t used to this. We ain’t used to nice things.
Not everything has to be a negative.

At one point we were used to it. Most on here see videos and hear stories about Mcgahee, Gore…..sanatana, Wayne, Andre…. You’re too young to have actually lived it.

We’ve been used blue chips sprinkled here and there and hoping they develop while practicing on a daily basis against jags. We hype up our “underrated guys” and mope after every game and point fingers.

Just look at some of the rosters on the frontrunners over the last few years and you start to see why this is going on. Mario is likely the one saying we ain’t there yet and we need more.
But we are used to Shaq and Pinckney starting with ghosts behind them.

We are used to seeing a starter get injured and the whole position group become irrelevant.
We’ve seen a position group get decimated with just 2 injuries.
We (and the players) need to get used to the fact that every position group is gonna be challenged.

Ohio state has 6 dudes at backer that were top 10 at the position. One is a converted safety that was the number 2 safety in the nation.

Some are freaking out. But look at it like a consultant and not a canes fan.

If Wes, Chase, and whoever else is afraid of some Louisville backer. Then they better be really afraid of who’s signing this year.

Is it because he is better, or is it adding more juice to the room for competition and let them "battle it out"?

I love the pick up. Personally think he is a little overhyped, but it adds to the numbers. May the best man win!
Don’t forget we seem to always give up a couple big plays every season on st.

Solid pick up. Need head hunters on at

Hear you guys about injuries happening and needing depth etc. Good points
What about next year:
Kiki Alderman and Wes( with good film, he’s gone) turn pro.They take up most of the snaps, the young are still inexperienced and unproven.
And 1 or 2 of the young guys go into portal out of frustration.
What does Mario do then?

After 10 wins, an ACC championship and a playoff appearance….mario will do whatever he wants. 5 star LB or the portal again for the top players

Advertisement
Advertisement
We've had a ton of discussion on taking transfers v. playing young guys, but very little on the actual player. My read is that he's an instinctive, high-energy player, smart like Corey Flagg but longer and more talented. Curious to hear other peoples' thoughts. He's #24 on Louisville:

I was going to post in the other thread that his tape reminds me of Flagg. I don't see the longer/more talented though. He doesn't appear that fast and Louisville did take him out on passing downs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don’t like this take at all.
Solid veteran starters Mauigoa and Bissanthe
Young talented 2 nd year guys Popo Pullum and BWashington plus 1 st year Hayes and Pruitt who are looking good.That’s seven guys for 2 spots, lot of talent there and you take some dude from Louisville?
At some point you have to develop your own players, otherwise you are doomed to rely on portal forever.
There are actually 3 spots, Alderman is going to play WILL here. He is coming in to push Bissainthe and to give the staff the ability to continue to develop Pulliam without rushing him. Also Guidry runs a heavy rotation at LB, this team had four linebackers who totaled at least 350 snaps last season.

MLB
Francisco Mauigoa SR 6-3 230
Raul Aguirre SO 6-2 233 (He will take the snaps left by the departure of Corey Flagg)
Chase Smith RJR 6-2 220
Adarius Hayes FR 6-4 230 (If every one stays health he should read shirt)

WILL
Wesley Bissainthe JR 6-1 220
Jaylin Alderman JR 6-1 240 (Starter for the ACC runner-ups with lots of experience. He will take the snaps left by the departure of K.J. Cloyd)
Marcellius Pulliam SO 6-3 230

SAM
Cam Pruitt FR 6-1 195
Bobby Washington RFR 6-3 230

Advertisement
Back