LB Jaylin Alderman commits to Miami

Don’t like this take at all.
Solid veteran starters Mauigoa and Bissanthe
Young talented 2 nd year guys Popo Pullum and BWashington plus 1 st year Hayes and Pruitt who are looking good.That’s seven guys for 2 spots, lot of talent there and you take some dude from Louisville?
At some point you have to develop your own players, otherwise you are doomed to rely on portal forever.
You know he started all 13 games last season on a better defense than we had right?

If the young guys beat him out, that means they’re good players. And if they don’t, well good thing you took him.

Again, we’re trying to win big this year, not rely on unproven talent.

Advertisement
I thought he was luxury if we had limited resources and had to make choices. But if we have enough to get him and still pursue all the other targets, this is a good get. Plus it weakens a conference rival.

Young talented 2 nd year guys Popo Pullum and BWashington plus 1 st year Hayes and Pruitt who are looking good.That’s seven guys for 2 spots, lot of talent there and you take some dude from Louisville?
At some point you have to develop your own players, otherwise you are doomed to rely on portal forever.
We might actually utilize some 3 LB looks + injuries can always strike

Mario needs to win now. Not going to sit there and rely on second year guys.

You know he started all 13 games last season on a better defense than we had right?

If the young guys beat him out, that means they’re good players. And if they don’t, well good thing you took him.

Again, we’re trying to win big this year, not rely on unproven talent.

When Spermy Fart (shoutout @The Franchise, still possibly the 🐐 nickname on here) or Saban recruit players, and those kids get on campus, they tell them, “Welcome. I am so excited to recruit the kid who beats you out and puts your *** on the bench”. That’s what we’re after here. If you’re a true freshman and you get your panties in a wad and bounce because we brought in a pretty good linebacker, then bounce. You belonged at UCF in the first place. The kids who belong here look at this and say, “Aight, bet”, and get the **** to work.

Advertisement
split depth GIF

Circle yourself for identification purposes:

1714323217226.jpeg

Or

1714323254426.jpeg

Advertisement
We rotated 4 key LBs last year.

This year is a projected stronger group.

Good job with accountability in the group.

I wonder what this means in terms of how they feel about Chase Smith and some younger guys.

After 4 years and 100s of thousands of dollars of investment in his education and rehabilitation, I would really like to see Chase Smith ball out as a Cane. Hope he's not a casualty. ... The Washington brothers concern me. The talent is there, but they don't seem locked in.

We've had a ton of discussion on taking transfers v. playing young guys, but very little on the actual player. My read is that he's an instinctive, high-energy player, smart like Corey Flagg but longer and more talented. Curious to hear other peoples' thoughts. He's #24 on Louisville:

After 4 years and 100s of thousands of dollars of investment in his education and rehabilitation, I would really like to see Chase Smith ball out as a Cane. Hope he's not a casualty. ... The Washington brothers concern me. The talent is there, but they don't seem locked in.
Why don’t the Washington bros seem locked in?

Advertisement
We've had a ton of discussion on taking transfers v. playing young guys, but very little on the actual player. My read is that he's an instinctive, high-energy player, smart like Corey Flagg but longer and more talented. Curious to hear other peoples' thoughts. He's #24 on Louisville:

I’m far from an expert but I see an instinctual and cerebral player that likes to hit. Can thrive in the backfield similar to Mauigoa and while his lateral quickness doesn’t jump off the page, Brohm trusted him enough to stay on the field in obvious passing situations. He seems to dissect the play quickly and there isn’t much wasted movement. His ACC Champ film might have been his best stuff, and we need more big time players that have experience in big games like that.

Overall love the pickup and like you said on the instant reaction, Nicholson and Guidry can trust a guy like this to sit back when Kiko rushes the passer. He’s rangy and his long arms are an asset throwing his body around in the run game or chasing guys sideline to sideline.

Much better than Flagg, and better than Cloyd (who was underrated here when his acquisition was considering just one to shore up depth).

Helluva second post

I’m far from an expert but I see and instinctual and cerebral player that likes to hit. Can thrive in the backfield similar to Mauigoa and while his lateral quickness doesn’t jump off the page, Brohm trusted him enough to stay on the field in obvious passing situations. He seems to dissect the play quickly and there isn’t much wasted movement. His ACC Champ film might have been his best stuff, and we need more big time players that have experience in big games like that.

Overall love the pickup and like you said on the instant reaction, Nicholson and Guidry can trust a guy like this to sit back when Kiko rushes the passer. He’s rangy and his long arms are an asset throwing his body around in the run game or chasing guys sideline to sideline.

Much better than Flagg, and better than Cloyd (who was underrated her).
Yea he looks more like a run stopper to me. Looks his best coming down hill and shooting gaps. Looks like a good blitzer

Advertisement
Dude thinks football in real life plays like Madden and you just turn Injury and Fatigue sliders to 0

Advertisement
Back