Lawson Decommits....

Apparently it's unreasonable for us to expect these bum *** coaches to stack talent.

We're only allowed one 4-star or better per position every two years.

Everyone is scared our depth at every position brah. Bama and everyone else pays and stuff.

Advertisement
The dropoff from Lawson to a guy like Daniel Parr is f***ing enormous.

Huge blow to this class. QB recruiting from 2011-2015 under Golden, aside from last year when Coley pulled Kaaya from Cali, has been a disaster.

Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody could've foreseen Olsen being the trainwreck that he was. Dude was "Baby Jesus" on these boards for a reason.

We got one stud. Most teams don't have any. QB ain't an easy position. You wanna talk failure to recruit, talk D Line. QB is a different story.

The dropoff from Lawson to a guy like Daniel Parr is f***ing enormous.

Huge blow to this class. QB recruiting from 2011-2015 under Golden, aside from last year when Coley pulled Kaaya from Cali, has been a disaster.

Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody could've foreseen Olsen being the trainwreck that he was. Dude was "Baby Jesus" on these boards for a reason.

We got one stud. Most teams don't have any. QB ain't an easy position. You wanna talk failure to recruit, talk D Line. QB is a different story.

How about Crow?

Dewey?

So far he is 1 for 4.

Nobody expects perfection and we like Kaaya but how about some depth and consistency?

So I was told that James Coley is one of the "best recruiters" and "will shut down Florida recruiting for us".

Funny how much less effective Coley is at recruiting without get out of jail free promises, money thrown around, and promises of never going to class.

Al Golden is officially the worst Head Coach we have had in my lifetime, and I've seen every single national championship.

Only so much Coley can do. He has to recruit to a Al Golden coached football team.

Come to Miami where you can play at a snails pace on offense because we fear having our defense on the field. Have the best athletes in the nation in our backyard and we attempt to shorten the game. Absurd.

I think either Stanley could be a good replacement. Sometimes its hard to judge arm strength unless its really bad or really good, but both seem to have good arms. Sunshine seems to have the better arm and seems a little more athletic. Keeping in mind that these are just the highlights, both seem to see the field (at high school) very well but I might give the edge to Carter. Based on highlights, both seem to have very good ball placement, and again maybe slight edge Carter. Gotta give Coley credit, he knows how to find them. I like both, but give me Sunshine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****ed up thing is that in a year he'll be looking like a heisman finalist as a true freshman vs a good ole golden/Dorito Defense

200.gif

Them coaches lying they *** off they ain't starting him right away.

He looks raw as a passer he needs to shirt and develop.
This.

I like Sunshine a lot, but Lawson looks like he has a higher ceiling but will need a year or two to reach it. Even if they aren't lying to him, I think he would be better off sitting and learning for a year or two.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed that Lawson would be better served by sitting a year or two; Work on his mechanics, take time to really learn the system, learn how to read college level defenses, etc...

The problem is that he's likely looking at sitting out 3 years here at UM then having to beat out Jack Allison who will have two years in the system. I can see where the kid is coming from. It was a great pull by coach Coley and staff, but they got him when it looked like 2014 was going to be a battle of 5th year seniors, then next year he could come in and compete with Kaaya and Rosier.

I cannot fault the kid or the staff on this one.

What do we know? Kaaya is true Freshman All American. Golden sucks and has trouble hanging on to recruits. We have very promising QB coming in '16. VT and gator suck at QB and can tease immediate starter. Lawson has been getting more and more attention. He could have left for any of these reasons. Doesn't really matter. Until we get rid of Al, nothing really matters. I like this kid and thing he is making a mistake. There is a reason VT and gator suck at QB; they are dead end qb schools. He goes to either one and his feet will be more important than his arm. If he stuck with us, he would have better chance to develop into the pocket passer NFL always wants in the end. Even RGIII is in danger of ending his career because he runs better than he throws from the pocket. NFL defenses always adjust to running QBs. Mobile is great but leaving the pocket early because you can cuts out proper check downs and late coverage break downs. College coaches don't care because there is an abundance of "dual threat" QB today and they can recruit all they want. Pros can't afford for high value QBs to get hurt. Kid should have stuck -- Kaaya has spotlight back on THE U for QBs.

Same way staff went out and signed Heaps as a graduate transfer they could do that again but its less appealing for a last year of eligibility qb knowing Kayaa is starter.

Kaaya, Kaaya what did he do to separate himself from the competition that much> He can be beat out if you can throw close to how the throws you can walk faster than he runs

Advertisement
Lol at people calling Lawson soft shouldered. Maybe he sees what every poster on this board sees.

Anyway, it sucks to lose Lawson. Kid was UM all the way. I have seen him a couple times in the fieldhouse and each time he was decked out in Canes gear. Rumors are he told the VT staff he was decommitting

GO BIG RED

Imagine the fallout after USCe physically dominates a disinterested unprepared team that has completely quit on their coaching staff. They wont be able to sign a full class and Golden will blame it on the scholarship restrictions from the cloud. Get your barf bags ready.

The problem with shorter (6'2" & under ) QB's like the two Stanley's and Rosier is that they have a hard time seeing the Field when you have an Oline Averaging 6'4" or 6'5" that is a problem because now you need clear pasing lanes to be effective in the pocket. This is one huge reason why Lawson was such a good fit at 6'5". With a QB like ryan Stanley you have to roll the pocket or run a lot of bootlegs.

2014 QB Micheal Conner is transferring from Penn State so UM may be a very appealing option now that provides a win win scenario for everyone.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
W
Not the staffs fault on this one. It's Kaaya's....for being so **** good.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kaaya was a freshman this year. Lawson would likely redshirt, and only be used in an emergency (read: Kaaya got hurt) with Rosier as the backup. That would mean He would be a RS-FR when Kaaya was a Jr. If Kaaya is as good as people think, and think he will be, he'd be gone after that season, meaning Lawson would have the inside track to start as a RS-Sophomore. Sorry, that's not on Kaaya being too good. If the staff was any good, they'd be able to explain that to him, and keep him.

Yeah I'm sure the staff forgot to mention that to him. A lot of these guys want to play now and knowing Coley's ability to spot QBs before others do And the fact he held onto Kaya makes me give him a pass on this one.

Ain't nobody wants to ride the pines for a 6-6 team. If Miami was 9-3 or 10-2 and poised to get an ACC title then yes you can talk someone into sitting a few years. Lucky for us Allison has came out and said he WANTS to sit behind Kaaya and learn for a few years. That is the kind of player we need to be recruiting right now if somehow we can steal a 4* or even solid 3* QB at this point.

Advertisement
Back