Lawson Decommits....

Just read on rivals that he decommited because of Kaaya. Like pretty much word for word quote in the article. Thats pretty pathetic that he is running away from competition.

Don't bring facts and actual quotes into this....your ruining people's chance to blame the staff once again for something

Advertisement
Sandwiched Kaaya and Allison, that takes big balls, which obviously he doesn't have. Hopefully the staff will offer Sunshine. Say what you want about Golden and I'll mostly agree but this isn't ALL on them. There are other teams in serious need of QB's where he can play right away. They better have had a backup they have been slowly crootin' just in case.

He will be waiting at least two years here and possibly three at the min and even then he has two of the best QB's in the country in 2016 and 2017 right on his ****.

Can't fault the guy for doing what is right for his future. Hurts us but lets be honest the guy was probably a career backup here (this is not a knock on his talent or sour grapes, I like him as a prospect, just being real).

Could possibly be in a Sean Mcguie situation if there is a injury, except Miami can't lean on their defense!

Not gonna lie.... I would really prefer to have a QB who thinks he can BEAT OUT Kaaya instead worrying about how long Kaaya Stays and the position is his to inherit...

Kid saw a Better oppurtunity to be Brad at VT... good business decision... sucks for us.
But then again .. not to impressed with his mentality..

JC

Advertisement
Talked to my boy on the staff & i have permission this time to tell you guys this was all because of Kaaya. Lawson saw an elite young QB in front of him & bolted. VT is telling him he can be their Kaaya, telling him he would be sitting behind Kaaya for 3 years at Miami, saying things like Kaaya is Miami's Tom Brady and nobody takes Tom Brady's job no matter who they are, etc.

The QB depth has been a royal ****-up on the part of Golden & Jedd Fisch, but this situation has everything to do with the fact that Miami has a franchise QB already in place. If you are going to lose a good recruit from your class, then this is the reason you want to lose them... because you already have someone ridiculously good (and young) entrenched at that position.

Didn't staff give permission YOU to say that they didn't tell Lawson that Brad is lead-foot and if Lawson is willing to come in and compete hard then he can win QB gig. And he didn't win it then they'd put together packages for Lawson to run & play from day one? Who did Brad beat for FIRST year ALL-American? Nobody coz all the best true Freshmen REDSHIRTED! Whose fault is it that they didn't tell Lawson that all jobs are open or Brad cracks under pressure and "We just LOVE your [Lawson] mobility, Son."

This is ALSO the Same development that materialized ONCE Shannon had been at UM a while: Recruit realize the coach ain't **** & the team's messed up THEREFORE the better recruits didn't want to ride the pine for a scrub team & scrub coach!

UF downplaying their current starters coz they want the best recruits to come in and feel they can win jobs, regardless whether they have a real chance or not, if "you ball out in training camp, Son." Sorry, this one's on Golden & Coley!

I guess Lawson just realized that Kaaya is at UM. LOL

Lawson realizes that this staff is terrible and now that UF is recruiting him and can sell hope, he will wind up at UF. I can't blame the kid. Where would you rather sign, a team with a coach who is a proven loser, or a team with a new coach who did pretty well in his last stop?

BTW, Folden is really tearing it up on the recruiting trail now that the cloud has lifted. Folden is on his way to his worst recruiting class at UM. We used to hear that he was recruiting with one hand tied be hind his back because of the cloud. Now he is recruiting with two hands tied behind his back because everyone knows he can't coach and everyone knows that he doesn't want to be here.

We (UM) is in the worst possible position: we have a horrendous coach who doesn't want to be here and just happens to have a long contract, a lame duck president, and an AD who is nothing more than a ticket schlocker. UM football is an unmitigated disaster at this point.

is it bc of kaaya essentially?
Did Kaaya just get here yesterday? He's known Kaaya was here for the past several months.

It's probably more likely that McElwain just got to ufay, and Lawson is more impressed with him than he is with El Foldo.

But I've read on here that QBs never decommit, so I'm not accepting the decommitment.

Advertisement
It's a lot easier to decommit when the team lost 6 games and there's no heat around the program.

On top of that, McElwain can sell hope and his success as an offensive coach. Every opponent is also selling that El Foldo is a dead man walking.

If we had won 10 or 11 games this year like we should have, there would be no decommits. They're would only be additional commits.

Stick around because they're will be plenty more recruits (and probably a couple assistants) jumping off the already sunken SS El Foldo.

Virginia Tech's quarterback situation is a real mess. Travon McMillan out of C.D. Hylton went there to be the heir apparent and they move him to tailback a month after he arrived...LoL. Lawson starts in 2016. And with Brewer he could definitely see action very early on.

Virginia Tech's quarterback situation is a real mess. Travon McMillan out of C.D. Hylton went there to be the heir apparent and they move him to tailback a month after he arrived...LoL. Lawson starts in 2016. And with Brewer he could definitely see action very early on.

Their OC is constantly being vilified on their boards. Guy is persona non grata - I'll be surprised if he's still there next year.

Advertisement
is it bc of kaaya essentially?
Did Kaaya just get here yesterday? He's known Kaaya was here for the past several months.

It's probably more likely that McElwain just got to ufay, and Lawson is more impressed with him than he is with El Foldo.

But I've read on here that QBs never decommit, so I'm not accepting the decommitment.

Exactly. Connect the dots - Lawson had been a commitment for a long time knowing that Kayaa was there. Then, he decommits soon after McElwain takes over.

I think it is a smart move...the kid wants to play... Kaaya is now the fan favored. .had a great Freshmen season..the kid saw the writing on the wall...its better to go where you are needed versus where you are wanted. ..

So I was told that James Coley is one of the "best recruiters" and "will shut down Florida recruiting for us".

Funny how much less effective Coley is at recruiting without get out of jail free promises, money thrown around, and promises of never going to class.

Al Golden is officially the worst Head Coach we have had in my lifetime, and I've seen every single national championship.

Coley is a great recruiter, but our situation at UM shows why "recruiting God" status is overrated.

No one, and I repeat no one, could recruit their way around the results El Foldo produced in year 4. They could sell hope and the cloud effect and passing time and all that lame **** for 3 years. All that is gone now, and there's no pitch or salesman in the world who can dig out of 6-6 in year 4 with the majority of the fan base screaming for your head. This situation at UM is absolutely toxic now after this year 4 flop.

Expecting Coley to recruit his way around this **** pile is like asking a car salesman to get $50k for a 2003 Tercel. He can be the greatest car salesman since Gene Merolis, but he ain't getting that $50k.

Advertisement

Did he already commit to Vag Tech? That was quick.

Ugh....

@dlaw95: I want to thank all the Miami coaches for the opportunity but I've chosen to go another route in my recruitment”

cant blame this young man, he knew that he wasnt going to touch the field until his RS Junior year or Senior year. It sucks that we lost him, cause hes going to cause some problems against us, if he goes to VT

Not the staffs fault on this one. It's Kaaya's....for being so **** good.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Kaaya was a freshman this year. Lawson would likely redshirt, and only be used in an emergency (read: Kaaya got hurt) with Rosier as the backup. That would mean He would be a RS-FR when Kaaya was a Jr. If Kaaya is as good as people think, and think he will be, he'd be gone after that season, meaning Lawson would have the inside track to start as a RS-Sophomore. Sorry, that's not on Kaaya being too good. If the staff was any good, they'd be able to explain that to him, and keep him.

Go be apart of the staff since you are such a good recruiter. VT and USF are telling him he can have a shot at starting from day 1 and most likely so is Florida (since McElwain can "win with his dog at QB then talks bad about Treon to recruits). He obviously doesnt want to wait 3 years to start at QB then battle it out with Allison then, who will be a top 5 QB in his class and possibly a 5*. No I'm not stupid enough to think we are "fine" losing Lawson, because banking on Kaaya staying healthy is tough to do but now we better hope so.

I don't get paid millions of dollars to do it.

Advertisement
Back