Lawson Decommits....

Virginia Tech's quarterback situation is a real mess. Travon McMillan out of C.D. Hylton went there to be the heir apparent and they move him to tailback a month after he arrived...LoL. Lawson starts in 2016. And with Brewer he could definitely see action very early on.

Their OC is constantly being vilified on their boards. Guy is persona non grata - I'll be surprised if he's still there next year.

If he goes to Va Tech to play for Scot Loeffler then the kid hasn't done his homework. IF Loeffler makes it to next season, he definitely won't make it through the entire season. That guy is straight garbage.

Advertisement
Decent chance there is no QB in the class and the spot is used on another position

Wouldn't this leave us in serious trouble with QB depth next season? Would you expect another grad transfer in that scenario?

Probably will get a graduate transfer here, I'm guessing. Hopefully, Rosier proves he is worthy of the part. The pressure then falls on the staff to get another stud for 2016.

Advertisement
Decent chance there is no QB in the class and the spot is used on another position

Wouldn't this leave us in serious trouble with QB depth next season? Would you expect another grad transfer in that scenario?

Probably will get a graduate transfer here, I'm guessing. Hopefully, Rosier proves he is worthy of the part. The pressure then falls on the staff to get another stud for 2016.

I don't want to bank on Rosier at all. Our luck he ends up starting on the baseball team and just decides to stick with it.. Not to mention the fact that it would help to at least get someone in here to get valuable time in the spring practice while Rosier is missing for baseball.

Everyone please make note of how this played out.

Lawson committed to UM when everyone thought the 2014 QB position would be a battle between two 5th year seniors. Lawson was thinking that he would come in 2015 and only have to beat out two other freshmen (redshirts) Kaaya and Rosier. Well now, it appears that Kaaya is cemented as the starter for the next 3 years.

I cannot fault the kid or the staff on this one.

What a sensitive bunch of ******s those Vag Tech fans are. I got all their jimmies rustled over on the tweet machine.

Advertisement

Lawson committed to UM when everyone thought the 2014 QB position would be a battle between two 5th year seniors. Lawson was thinking that he would come in 2015 and only have to beat out two other freshmen (redshirts) Kaaya and Rosier. Well now, it appears that Kaaya is cemented as the starter for the next 3 years.

I can. One missed blitz pick-up and its Rosier with Trayone and the Wildcat for backup.

I can. One missed blitz pick-up and its Rosier with Trayone and the Wildcat for backup.

Bingo. It's bad enough that the staff couldn't hang onto Lawson. But Golden has put the team in a position where, if Kaaya suffers an injury next season and is forced to miss time, we won't stand a chance of winning a single game without him. That's how horrific our QB depth has become heading into Golden's undeserved fifth year on the job .

Meanwhile, great coaches like Urban Meyer are wildly successful even though they're now down to their third-string QB because of how well he's recruited (Barrett and Jones were four-star recruits behind Miller). And he managed to land Torrance Gibson from our backyard, even though J.T. Barrett emerged as a Heisman finalist as a redshirt freshman this year.

Bingo. It's bad enough that the staff couldn't hang onto Lawson. But Golden has put the team in a position where, if Kaaya suffers an injury next season and is forced to miss time, we won't stand a chance of winning a single game without him. That's how horrific our QB depth has become heading into Golden's undeserved fifth year on the job .

Meanwhile, great coaches like Urban Meyer are wildly successful even though they're now down to their third-string QB because of how well he's recruited (Barrett and Jones were four-star recruits behind Miller). And he managed to land Torrance Gibson from our backyard, even though J.T. Barrett emerged as a Heisman finalist as a redshirt freshman this year.

Odd, isn't it? A guy whose team actually wins game and has a Heisman candidate and another stud coming back next year takes another stud from Albortion in Albortion's backyard.

Advertisement

Terrible.

There's no way Ohio Taint can expect to hold onto any QB commits with Barrett, Miller, and Jones on the roster. If you listen to mealy mouthed UM fans you can only have one good QB on the roster at a time.

Just stop. Ill give you that this wasn't a complete fvck up by the staff as they have stuff working against them like Kaaya, but how are you gonna pretend like that is some insurmountable hurdle. As the Franchise already showed, are the Buckeyes struggling here? Nope. Did USC struggle signing 5 star after 5 star at the position through out the years? No. FSU is about signed 3 4 star QBs this year and got the #1 guy in 2016. At the end of the day if Kaaya is as good as we think he is, he will be a 3 and out kid, that means that Lawson would have been the go to guy in his third year here, which would have been probably his RsSoph year.

Here is why he didn't choose us. It is partially because of Kaaya, but more importantly he isn't buying into the program plain and simple. He sees UF as a better opportunity, because I guarantee you that if we were a 9 or 10 win team right now, and we had a winning streak going in to the bowl, and actually going to a bowl game worth, he would still be committed. Instead though we are 6-6, once again are limping into bowl season on an embarrassing losing streak.

Advertisement
I guess Lawson just realized that Kaaya is at UM. LOL

Lawson realizes that this staff is terrible and now that UF is recruiting him and can sell hope, he will wind up at UF. I can't blame the kid. Where would you rather sign, a team with a coach who is a proven loser, or a team with a new coach who did pretty well in his last stop?

BTW, Folden is really tearing it up on the recruiting trail now that the cloud has lifted. Folden is on his way to his worst recruiting class at UM. We used to hear that he was recruiting with one hand tied be hind his back because of the cloud. Now he is recruiting with two hands tied behind his back because everyone knows he can't coach and everyone knows that he doesn't want to be here.

We (UM) is in the worst possible position: we have a horrendous coach who doesn't want to be here and just happens to have a long contract, a lame duck president, and an AD who is nothing more than a ticket schlocker. UM football is an unmitigated disaster at this point.

Have a feeling Kaaya's gonna get tossed around like a ragdoll next season and we will end up with someone like Crow running the offense. If we win 4 games it'll be a miracle.

It was the Adidas talk :troll-dancing:.

This clownshow deserves Adidas or some other offbrand. Can see them putting those three white stripes on something that looks like those basketball unis someone posted earlier. They'll be bright orange just to top it off. I don't think I can watch this mess next season. It's going to be beyond Gawdawful and the absolute death of the program. And, no, we're not getting another QB. What kid that's talented enough to play Div. 1 will want to risk getting killed trying to play for these morons?

Last edited:
Can't wait for the April tweet about Gray Crow being moved from Offensive Tackle to QB. Then all the lemmings will tell us we just need an arm for spring practice.

I guess Lawson just realized that Kaaya is at UM. LOL

Lawson realizes that this staff is terrible and now that UF is recruiting him and can sell hope, he will wind up at UF. I can't blame the kid. Where would you rather sign, a team with a coach who is a proven loser, or a team with a new coach who did pretty well in his last stop?

BTW, Folden is really tearing it up on the recruiting trail now that the cloud has lifted. Folden is on his way to his worst recruiting class at UM. We used to hear that he was recruiting with one hand tied be hind his back because of the cloud. Now he is recruiting with two hands tied behind his back because everyone knows he can't coach and everyone knows that he doesn't want to be here.

We (UM) is in the worst possible position: we have a horrendous coach who doesn't want to be here and just happens to have a long contract, a lame duck president, and an AD who is nothing more than a ticket schlocker. UM football is an unmitigated disaster at this point.

Have a feeling Kaaya's gonna get tossed around like a ragdoll next season and we will end up with someone like Crow running the offense. If we win 4 games it'll be a miracle.

We are losing McDermott, Feliciano and Walford off the OL. Add to that significant losses in Duke and Dorsett who can reduce the pressure on Kaaya and next season might look like a continuous loop of the play in the 1997 FSU game when FSU's DL flung Scott Covington off the goalpost.

Advertisement
Back