Lawrence to Tennessee

I know a lot of people want us to adopt the whole, “**** South Florida DBs, lets go national,” but this is what’s going to happen. The further you have to go to recruit, the ****tier the results.

You reciprocate interest wherever elite talent is found. Obviously, So FL is loaded with it. But there are talented kids everywhere, and hotbeds of talent that appreciate Miami's brand in places like NJ/NY, Houston-New Orleans corridor, Tampa, the NoVa/DC Metro area. We shouldn't be afraid to go after kids in any of these places that want to pay for unofficials on their own dime to visit Miami. At the very least, it knocks the competition back on their heels to defend their own territory, and keeps the So FL kids more honest to secure their spots.

Advertisement
BTW, DVD liked his video

Doesn’t surprise me; our coaching staff is still green af. We got Rumph (zero coaching history at the collegiate level prior to here) Both Patke & Banda began their careers at The University of Incarnate Word?????? DVD no coaching experience.

We need savages; fa real.

JJ got far less than everyone....esp first couple of years.

For some reason, Miami seems a hard school to recruit for...even in the '80's....it could be Rumph and Banda don't lie very well. I suspect that's a big part of the problem....besides bags.

Agreed. I remember when Fran Curci left for Kentucky, his parting shot was, "You can't win at Miami, because you can't get the recruits". And he was an Alumni.

It's been like this forever. But, Howard, JJ and Butch showed us the pattern and it's not chasing 5*s with bagman. We just have to let this play out and see if Manny and the staff he brought in are spot on with their evaluations because there are guys out there that can help us.

Advertisement
Any crootin ver saw this coming. As soon as I started hearing of complaints about his name being misspelled, how his host wasn’t there, I knew it was a rap. All that is is convenient excuses for his camp to bail on Miami. IOW, we were a distant second

Was this verified, though?

Advertisement
So he goin to Tennessee cuz Clemson told him they was full ? But instead of throwing a Clemson shirt on the ground let’s throw the Miami one on the ground the team who actually wanted you and rolled out the red carpet . Smh Manny gotta put a end to this **** I believe he will tho

This is the money post...You can't make this **** up.

I'm optimistic like you are that Diaz will navigate this type ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Couldn’t be mad to a kid that wants to stay home.

But I really don’t get why he has to disrespect us like that right after a red carpet treatment and now I hope he ends up like that Byrd kid. Change my mind.

So he goin to Tennessee cuz Clemson told him they was full ? But instead of throwing a Clemson shirt on the ground let’s throw the Miami one on the ground the team who actually wanted you and rolled out the red carpet . Smh Manny gotta put a end to this **** I believe he will tho
He has to keep Clemson sweet in case they find room for him in their class.

Clearly he was never coming here.

I distinctly remember Al Blades taking his last visit to a certain SEC school just before he committed and posters here lauded his “efforts” but now when this kid does it they wish evil on him or he’s going to be a bust. Charge it to the game. Miami’s going to be fine.

Yup. TONS of great players "played the recruiting game". Posters here think because Tyler Byrd and a couple other kids did it and became busts all of a sudden every kid who does it is going to bust. Then when kids turn out to be beasts they say "well he was an outlier". NOPE, the kids that became busts after "playing the game" where the outliers.

Maybe...or he follow in the long line of highly rated high school players that loved the recruiting games and ended up as bust after they signed. The Keef carrer plan.

Lawrence isn't even in the same stratosphere as Keef. That dude was committed to FAU at one point or had them as a leader and then it was us , of Florida, or FSU.

It sucks that the kid used us to build drama for his commitment video but I'm not sure he was playing games.

Advertisement
Back