Off-Topic Law school

From what I've been told, this blind-sided the faculty and was forced upon the law school.

I'm perfectly willing to criticize UMSOL as an alum, but I don't think it played any part in this decision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
fall-fell.gif

Whatever. At least some of us got to enjoy Elements with Stotzsky (huge Canes football fan!).

Further, the presumed drama around this recent article is likely the proximate cause of at least one upcoming gameday management mistake, right?
the most useless class for a 1L that at that time knows nothing about anything.

i received a brochure with recent professor publications and request to donate. One title jumped out, "***** Crit Law Lit". Haven't donate a penny since. the faculty is full of Marxists. they can DIAF (i'm being dramatic).

one of the few positive experiences was having Professor Hausler three times. Also I had Elliott Manning, a Wall Street lawyer who worked at Cleary Gottlieb, for M&A, taught me everything i needed to know to get going. Elite lawyer. The class started with 20 and we ended with 5 of us. We went through 3-4 M&A deals from the structuring the business, tax, director duties, third party loans. what a treat.

Advertisement
You're a *********.

I can't even remember what class I had Stotzky for (definitely wasn't elements, maybe crimpro) - all I do remember is that we had to buy the book Silencing the Guns in Haiti, by... Irwin P. Stotzky. Don't think I ever cracked the cover on the **** thing.

Guy should've taught in the business school, 'cause that's a pretty ingenious way to move product.

He also co-wrote the Elements textbook.

I specifically chose to buy a used copy to deny him the royalties.

Good lord, I could not STAND Irwin P. Stotzky.

i received a brochure with recent professor publications and request to donate. One title jumped out, "***** Crit Law Lit". Haven't donate a penny since. the faculty is full of Marxists. they can DIAF (i'm being dramatic).

one of the few positive experiences was having Professor Hausler three times. Also I had Elliott Manning, a Wall Street lawyer who worked at Cleary Gottlieb, for M&A, taught me everything i needed to know to get going. Elite lawyer. The class started with 20 and we ended with 5 of us. We went through 3-4 M&A deals from the structuring the business, tax, director duties, third party loans. what a treat.

Sorry that I missed taking a class with Manning, he always struck me as a limp fish, but it sounds like you got a lot out of the course. I took Lit Skills and Clinical, so I didn't have as many available credits, but now I wish I would have taken his M&A class.

I ended up getting some of that stuff in a course I took in the LL.M. Tax program (not at Miami).

Whatever. At least some of us got to enjoy Elements with Stotzsky (huge Canes football fan!).

Further, the presumed drama around this recent article is likely the proximate cause of at least one upcoming gameday management mistake, right?

Lol, you just made me feel very old.

Advertisement

I’m not calling out @TheOriginalCane … I’m calling him into the thread about the law school…

For useless drama, see the Cormani McClain thread

Last edited:

Eliot Mannings class is the hardest final exam I've ever taken. The take home final took me about 30 hours to complete.

And I still didn't learn a single thing in that class lol. Idk what year you took him, but in 2017, he was cooked already. Guy should've retired for sure (RIP).

Advertisement
I’m not calling out @TheOriginalCane … I’m calling him into the thread about the law school…

For useless drama, see the Cormani McClain thread

IMG_3572.jpeg

They need to hire a fund raiser - plain and simple. I want the managing partner type, not the service partner who nobody wants to go to lunch with.

Advertisement
Back