Latest on QB Torrance Gibson.....

Advertisement
If he wants a future in football, play wide receiver...

Thats whay they told Steve Mcnair, Randall CUnningham, and Thats what LSU told Teddy B. Must I go on? QB gurus can be wrong from time to time. Bring him in as a QB

You seen Gibson play? Or throw? (live)

Yea when they were on TV, Bruh we could throw 20 times a game with him with the right offense and win the coastal. 7 screens a few deep passes this boy is an athlete the **** with that, I see what you saying but naaa I wanna win could careless how wwe look

Last edited:
At this point we could better use that scholie than on Gibson. That train has left the station

Never turn away elite talent in your backyard!

I would never turn him away. Give him a shot at QB if that's what it takes to sign him.

But personally, I don't see him excelling there.

I haven't seen enough of him to know, but agree that you give him a chance there and then let him figure out he's a better receiver.

Advertisement
I'd just tell him to learn both. Study wide receiver 70% and QB 30%. You're not gonna start your 1st year, so get playing time at receiver and go to QB meetings and stuff learning that. Put the responsibility on his shoulders.

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred 14m

.@RyanCallahan247 says #Vols still recruiting T. Gibson, but chance of him playing QB at UT is slim. Likely ends up elsewhere if set on QB.

.@RyanCallahan247 says #Vols still recruiting T. Gibson, but chance of him playing QB at UT is slim. Likely ends up elsewhere if set on QB.
Elite 11 opened everyone's eyes and finally seen that he was not a real qb he better make the transformation like Deion Cain did.

now does he look back at this and appreciate that UM never bs'ed him and evaluated him properly and didn't lie like UT and Auburn?

If he wants to be a QB which he really does.. he needs to forget about these big name schools because all of them have a 4-5 star true QB's on the roster and being recruited and go for a not so big name school but in a good conference... GT is actually right up his alley.. their QB's run more then they pass

Advertisement

His recruitment has been crazy. Seems to be losing a lot of options. No idea where he ends up.

At this point we could better use that scholie than on Gibson. That train has left the station

Never turn away elite talent in your backyard!

I would never turn him away. Give him a shot at QB if that's what it takes to sign him.

But personally, I don't see him excelling there.

This is the approach we should have taken with Treon early in the process. Give him a look. If it works out, awesome. If not, he will want to get on the field in another capacity.

Got to give the elite athletes a shot where they want and let it settle that way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting if he changes his tune on playing QB

At the Opening he competed in the Elite 11 but during the 7 on 7's he was playing WR

If he wanted to be a QB, he should have been playing QB for his 7 on 7 team this summer. I don't put much stock in 7 on 7s but it can help a QB who needs a lot of work and experience as a passer.

Gibson made it clear in an interview before The Opening began that he's still dead set on playing QB in college and has no interest in playing WR.

Highly doubt a few days has changed his mind. Like DMoney said, give him a legitimate shot at QB if that's what matters most to him. Whatever it takes to get an elite athlete of his caliber from our own backyard.

When/if he loses the competition to Kaaya or someone else, hope that he's willing to change positions instead of transferring.

now does he look back at this and appreciate that UM never bs'ed him and evaluated him properly and didn't lie like UT and Auburn?

If he wants to be a QB which he really does.. he needs to forget about these big name schools because all of them have a 4-5 star true QB's on the roster and being recruited and go for a not so big name school but in a good conference... GT is actually right up his alley.. their QB's run more then they pass

You're lucky I like you lol... I would not want to see this happen ever!

Advertisement
Back