Latest on QB Torrance Gibson.....

I could almost live with him coming to UM and underachieving as a QB, switching positions and not being much of a factor at WR if it means he doesn't go to a rival and/or conference opponent and tear it up at WR right away.

What does this even mean? Why would he not be a factor here and go dominate right away somewhere else?

If he only had 2 choices he would rather have Gibson come to miami and be a bust than see him be a stud somewhere else.

Advertisement
if he's open to playing other positions, i think UM has a shot. if he's set on qb, not UM.

Wow at his film if I'm golden give him a chance at qb.............if he's not able to adjust after a few years then ask him to switch.

But don't just shoot yourself in the foot with a great athlete like this. Get him on campus and let his talent make the decision.

If golden told gray that he would be able to run some wildcat i fully expect him to tell gibson he will have a look at qb

Advertisement
I'd advise him to go to Auburn.

Glad he doesn't give a fck about your lame advice. LULZ at a purported UM fan advocating for a game-changing superstar from our backyard to go to fcking auburn.

Unfortunately, lots of purported UM fans running around typing that sort of garbage.

For clarification, I hope the kid picks UM. I simply meant that if he wants to play QB, I think Auburn, where they run the read option to perfection, fits his skill set better than UM or many other schools.

Again, I hope he comes to UM, plays QB one day, then becomes the next Randy Moss.

Glad he doesn't give a fck about your lame advice. LULZ at a purported UM fan advocating for a game-changing superstar from our backyard to go to fcking auburn.

Unfortunately, lots of purported UM fans running around typing that sort of garbage.

For clarification, I hope the kid picks UM. I simply meant that if he wants to play QB, I think Auburn, where they run the read option to perfection, fits his skill set better than UM or many other schools.

Again, I hope he comes to UM, plays QB one day, then becomes the next Randy Moss.

I agree with you on this. Hope to **** he comes here but would be shocked to see him pick a team that doesn't run the read-option.

But, is that really what Auburn wants to run? I may be wrong, but I though Sean White was a pocket passer, and the 4* they have committed for 2015 looks like a pocket passer as well. The 4* they brought in in 2013, Jeremy Johnson, was also listed as a pro-style QB, don't know what type of player he is though. I'm just wondering if Marshall is just a place holder until they have a QB that can run the system they really want to run. If he just wants to be a running QB and not develop as a passer at all, Ohio State and Arizona may be decent options, but if he has long term aspirations of being a QB (NFL), he needs to avoid falling into that trap of "an offense that will use his skills". He needs an offense and staff that will develop his skills, QB skills.

Advertisement
Woody Wommack ‏@RivalsWoody 8m

With QB Lamar Jackson at Auburn it's looks like he could be Tigers back up plan if Deondre Francois commits to FSU. Impacts Torrance Gibson

Looks like Gibson is 3rd on Auburn's board now

Honestly, this is a pretty crazy situation. UT already has 2 QBs, seems to be slipping on Auburns board. I thought he was a lock to one of those 2 early in the process. Will be interesting where he ends up.

With QB Lamar Jackson at Auburn it's looks like he could be Tigers back up plan if Deondre Francois commits to FSU. Impacts Torrance Gibson

Wommack followed up on that by saying this...

@RivalsWoody: @Allie_Davison public perception is that Gibson is high on school's boards. Needs to be made known that it's not the case

His unwilllingness to consider playing WR must be having a big impact on his recruitment. Have to imagine that more teams would be relentlessly pursuing him if he was open to the ATH designation.

Advertisement

Wommack followed up on that by saying this...

@RivalsWoody: @Allie_Davison public perception is that Gibson is high on school's boards. Needs to be made known that it's not the case

His unwilllingness to consider playing WR must be having a big impact on his recruitment. Have to imagine that more teams would be relentlessly pursuing him if he was open to the ATH designation.

I think whats hurt him is waiting too long to commit. Most schools want their QB in the summer time he wanted to take all 5 visits and then wait til NSD. Now he has changed that to Oct. 20th

Advertisement
Do we have a proven QB on this roster??? heaps and williams are gone after this yr, and olsen might be a bust. This is the sort of guy we fight for and maybe get a huge steal.

Advertisement
Back