Latest on Highsmith

who do you think hires alabama’s director of football operations? Do you think it is someone who just ****ed up their biggest football hire in years?

Remember when coker also hired a commercial airline pilot to coach WR/
What's your point? They have 1 person at the administrative level that reports to the AD who handles football ops. That's exactly what Alonzo would be doing. He'd report to Blake and oversee football personnel / recruiting / player development / etc..., but only for football.

It's been said he has no interest in being an AD or GM for anything except football.

Advertisement
What's your point? They have 1 person at the administrative level that reports to the AD who handles football ops. That's exactly what Alonzo would be doing. He'd report to Blake and oversee football personnel / recruiting / player development / etc..., but only for football.

It's been said he has no interest in being an AD or GM for anything except football.

the point is that blake james should have zero input on hiring someone to run the football program.

he literally did that one year ago and it resulted in the worst UM season since the 70s

the point is that blake james should have zero input on hiring someone to run the football program.

he literally did that one year ago and it resulted in the worst UM season since the 70s
I mean, he's showing he's willing to hire someone who has better knowledge of football ops than him and now you're criticizing it? Ok then.

Criticize him if he doesn't do it, IMO. But if he's willing to let someone else have authority who's better suited to make these decisions, I'm all for that.

Advertisement
we've been ****** for the 7 years prior too lol

Miami has had 4 losing seasons in 40 years. 2 of them are under Blake James. Miami had made the College Baseball post season 44 years in a row. Came to an end under James. Our basketball team won an ACC championship when he started and hasn’t progressed and found itself under FBI witch hunt.

He’s got to go

, he's showing he's willing to hire someone who has better knowledge of football ops than him and now you're criticizing it? Ok then.

Criticize him if he doesn't do it, IMO. But if he's willing to let someone else have authority who's better suited to make these decisions, I'm all for that.
you are a delusional apologist
He has failed at this exact decision twice already

Miami has had 4 losing seasons in 40 years. 2 of them are under Blake James. Miami had made the College Baseball post season 44 years in a row. Came to an end under James. Our basketball team won an ACC championship when he started and hasn’t progressed and found itself under FBI witch hunt.

He’s got to go
He also fundraises better than any of his predecessors and that's why his bosses are happy.

I have a better idea, bring in a new AD. One that is competent and proven. Allow them to make this hire.

Advertisement
you are a delusional apologist
He has failed at this exact decision twice already
How, this position doesn't exist. If you want to be mad at James, be so. But at least get your facts straight.

He's hired 2 football coaches, one of whom was central to getting the funds raised for the IPF primarily through the team's first 10-win season in a decade. You call that a failure? Ok then.

in cfb the HC runs the football program. Blake has hired two. Theyve both failed. He gave golden a fifth year which was an absolute disgrace. He hired diaz in twenty minutes. But yeah, totally cool that is now picking ANOTHER person to run the football program in a made up job because he’s so incompetent

Advertisement
Its just a negotiating tactic - they want Zo. Y'all need to relax.

so in 12 months James has suddenly become a negotiating savant? Manure got a head coach job offer by giving a P5 AD a time deadline when no other candidates were even called.

I have a better idea, bring in a new AD. One that is competent and proven. Allow them to make this hire.
Again, his bosses like him. He's in good standing with them primarily because he fundraises so well. They're not getting rid of him now so it makes no sense to be mad about it, IMO.

Advertisement
Why not just bring in a new AD now?

I'm not saying no, I'm just saying we have to be realistic.

Frenk is a dead man walking. He is not going to fire Blake.

And with a year of presidential uncertainty, Flake Blake will scramble to save himself. He'll fire Enos, hire Alonzo, and talk tough to every interviewer, so that he can save his massive paycheck theft operation.

I simply believe that it will be more likely for President Admiral Stavridis to promote Alonzo to be his new AD.

Then make him VP of Fundraising. He won’t be able to fundraiser the revenue gap and his missed budget if he doesn’t gtfo
The school has money. They've been cheap about spending it towards athletics. There's outside pressure to change that, but that's not going to change overnight in a dramatic way and we're also never going to spend like an SEC school because we don't generate that kind of revenue. That's why James is important. That all said, that doesn't make him impervious from criticism and *if* he hires Zo, that at least shows he's willing to let someone with better experience make football decisions. Isn't that what we all want in the end?

so in 12 months James has suddenly become a negotiating savant? Manure got a head coach job offer by giving a P5 AD a time deadline when no other candidates were even called.

BJ is not a savant by any means but its just part of the game, he needs to look better especially after the fiasco hiring Diaz.

Advertisement
Back