Latest on Highsmith

Again, his bosses like him. He's in good standing with them primarily because he fundraises so well. They're not getting rid of him now so it makes no sense to be mad about it, IMO.

His bosses like him is not a reason. That is just demonstrating the levels of apathy and lack of accountability that allow Blake to stay.

As it comes to football, he has been atrocious by any metric:

1. Blake paid $4MM to Temple to promote his DC from a failed regime.
2. Blake conducted NO coaching search before hiring said coach.
3. Since 2013, his record is 55-36 (33-23) and he has zero ACC Champs.
4. The other coach he hired was fired for “failing” at his prior destination and well past his prime.
5. He allows nepotism.
6. He allowed Golden to continue coaching after 2013. Didn’t even get him to change his DC.

Can you please provide examples of this great fundraising?

Advertisement
So people who lambasted James for not doing a proper search are now criticizing that he wants to do a search for, potentially, his most important hire to date, if what Barry's reporting is accurate? I know some of you want to have it both ways, but you really can't.

Don't go losing your mind over every rumor. This is likely going to happen, but as in any negotiation, there's grandstanding and negotiation ploys that occur first before an agreement is made.

The point is very simple, Flake Blake is NOT "just now starting his search".

First, he acknowledged that Manny brought up the "Chief of Staff" position in his interview. A YEAR AGO.

Second, Alonzo is a UM alum and everyone knows his resume.

Third, there have been "rumors" for weeks.

So let's not pretend that the "search" just started in the last 24 hours, or that Flake Blake would be "rushing it" if he hires Alonzo.

That's just a load of bullcrap. This thing has been looming for weeks.

If Flake Blake botches this, I will make every effort to punch him in the nuts at the very next Hurricane Club event.

Again, his bosses like him. He's in good standing with them primarily because he fundraises so well. They're not getting rid of him now so it makes no sense to be mad about it, IMO.

The fact that you think it’s all a-ok because his “bosses like him” is bizarre

blake’s “fundraising” is also LOL worthy considering it was Richt, not flake, who brought the program the IPF and upgraded facilities all across the board. Richt himsef admitted it was a disaster when he got there..and flake had been there for three years already

First, he acknowledged that Manny brought up the "Chief of Staff" position in his interview. A YEAR AGO.

So let's not pretend that the "search" just started in the last 24 hours, or that Flake Blake would be "rushing it" if he hires Alonzo.

If Flake Blake botches this, I will make every effort to punch him in the nuts at the very next Hurricane Club event.

Bull****. You’ll ask him for his autograph and even have him personalize it.

You wanna borrow my brass knuckles when you hit his sack?

Advertisement
If you punch him in the nuts and get it on video, you'll be a living legend. I'll personally guarantee the bail money and you'll have the money for your attorney so fast it'll make the posters in the billboard thread heads spin.

Serious, not serious. Would be epic, but assault charges aren't good for resumes.

The school has money. They've been cheap about spending it towards athletics. There's outside pressure to change that, but that's not going to change overnight in a dramatic way and we're also never going to spend like an SEC school because we don't generate that kind of revenue. That's why James is important. That all said, that doesn't make him impervious from criticism and *if* he hires Zo, that at least shows he's willing to let someone with better experience make football decisions. Isn't that what we all want in the end?

No. I want a competent AD with passion and autonomy. There is a cheap, qualified and proven AD up north that makes less than $600K. He has a track record of actual success. Why don’t we get him? Is he too good for us? Too cheap?

His bosses like him is not a reason. That is just demonstrating the levels of apathy and lack of accountability that allow Blake to stay.

As it comes to football, he has been atrocious by any metric:

1. Blake paid $4MM to Temple to promote his DC from a failed regime.
2. Blake conducted NO coaching search before hiring said coach.
3. Since 2013, his record is 55-36 (33-23) and he has zero ACC Champs.
4. The other coach he hired was fired for “failing” at his prior destination and well past his prime.
5. He allows nepotism.
6. He allowed Golden to continue coaching after 2013. Didn’t even get him to change his DC.

Can you please provide examples of this great fundraising?
It's standing next to Greentree.

Advertisement
I'm not saying no, I'm just saying we have to be realistic.

Frenk is a dead man walking. He is not going to fire Blake.

And with a year of presidential uncertainty, Flake Blake will scramble to save himself. He'll fire Enos, hire Alonzo, and talk tough to every interviewer, so that he can save his massive paycheck theft operation.

I simply believe that it will be more likely for President Admiral Stavridis to promote Alonzo to be his new AD.

So Blake survived the last go around because of this same bullchit. This makes no sense.

The fact that you think it’s all a-ok because his “bosses like him” is bizarre

blake’s “fundraising” is also LOL worthy considering it was Richt, not flake, who brought the program the IPF and upgraded facilities all across the board. Richt himsef admitted it was a disaster when he got there..and flake had been there for three years already
Your recollection of history is bizarre. Richt donated 1M of his own money, yes, and he brought credibility to the program, but he wasn't on the phone and at these parties talking to the donors. But again, if your stance is to be upset at James, then you do that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Your recollection of history is bizarre. Richt donated 1M of his own money, yes, and he brought credibility to the program, but he wasn't on the phone and at these parties talking to the donors. But again, if your stance is to be upset at James, then you do that.

the IPF didn’t get off the ground at all until richt came here. Flake had been the AD for 3 years and did nothing. Richt comes here and they get the lead donor in a few months

richt himself said that the facilities were atrocious and needed an upgrade. Of course, flake probably needed a “chief of staff” to tell him that

the IPF didn’t get off the ground at all until richt came here. Flake had been the AD for 3 years and did nothing. Richt comes here and they get the lead donor in a few months

richt himself said that the facilities were atrocious and needed an upgrade. Of course, flake probably needed a “chief of staff” to tell him that

And Blake is the same damned AD who bragged about the facilities improvements AT HARD ROCK STADIUM. As if he had anything to do with it.

Advertisement
Back