Latest on Highsmith

Advertisement
Nice rant, but it is about money. Carry on with the conspiracy theories though.

You not from here or you're young, anything after those 2 means you're clueless about what helped to make UM teams Great. The highschools down here keep racking up state chsmpionships at a rate that's it never been at before, so the Championship mindset and culture is still here, its just not in Coral Gables, cause they got to many bullshatters over their in the administrstion. You have much to learn i see!

Advertisement
It's all good, man, I love ya.

When I was at UM in the 80s and wrote for The Miami Hurricane, I knew way too much about all the old and obscure UM players. You could go into the "old" Hecht and see all of the (poorly preserved) portraits hanging randomly around the building. I loved that old photo of Burgess, but UM hadn't taken very good care of it.

I hope the "new" Hecht will restore those old portraits and put them in some consistent frames. The "old" Hecht was like going into your grandma's attic.
Yeah it really was. I used to sit around mainly in my freshman year with Janet (Ted's wife)and she'd always school me on old school people. I'm assuming that pic you mean of burgess was the one after the Notre dame game he had two picks in. Between my pops ted burgess mira and chuck foreman the stories I used to hear would never end. Really was classic when they'd all get together. Ted still lives in the gables and everyone would sit around in the backyard drinking and smoking cigars.

Big dog we need that Highsmith scoop right now lol!
I'll tell yall the only thing I know as I havent spoken to alonzo in a few months either. Last I know was he was approached like two years ago by us asking about his interest in an advisory role in the program. Didnt specify what that role is. At that same time stu Miller approached another individual from our past with a television gig at this point and asked him if hed be interested in the a.d. role. The traction on either of those never went too far atleast at the time. Far as this second I personally dont see it happening for multiple reasons. Mainly the fact that alonzo is not a fan of nonsense. With the administration we have here there will always be some nonsense...

Advertisement
I'll tell yall the only thing I know as I havent spoken to alonzo in a few months either. Last I know was he was approached like two years ago by us asking about his interest in an advisory role in the program. Didnt specify what that role is. At that same time stu Miller approached another individual from our past with a television gig at this point and asked him if hed be interested in the a.d. role. The traction on either of those never went too far atleast at the time. Far as this second I personally dont see it happening for multiple reasons. Mainly the fact that alonzo is not a fan of nonsense. With the administration we have here there will always be some nonsense...
Preciate it fam! 💯

If Diaz is making good decisions, why should he worry about Highsmith's role? If he can't explain why he's doing something (like retaining useless defensive coaches that can't recruit or saying he wants a spread offense while looking into Mike Bobo), then maybe his ideas need to be challenged. If Miami had won 9 games this year, then maybe he has some argument that he needs breathing room. He presided over the most embarrassing loss of the last decade- losing to Butch Davis and FIU. He lost his decision making privileges at that point.
But you also gotta realize flake doesnt want to see this happen either... He'd be held accountable for his ****ery if someone with experience was there to call him on it.

Advertisement

Wannstache for AD? Rick? Vilma? Because only a moron would even waste their time asking Jimmy to do it.

I'd personally offer it to Ray Liotta.

Advertisement
Still holding out hope that there will be news about Zo and Mario after the game tomorrow. Pipe dream but this pipe aint gonna smoke itself.

Shocked that 247 won't touch this story. Nothing on the site about this. Probably don't want to chose sides and **** of the winner of this power struggle. But odd to not even mention it.

There's a poster on TOS that is not personally connected to anyone involved other than to speak with people who have access to them. He's been consistent in saying for the past two days that there are people with $$ who want change but don't have direct power to affect the change and they haven't been able to organize themselves into a single, cohesive group to make a big enough stand.

He mentioned that the people he speaks with ventured the opinion that if they were in Blake James shoes right now, the SOP would be to create more stories and misdirections about what is going on. He was told to expect more leaks, more third party leaks using different 'sources', and some planted stories that are highly likely to be from different sources to establish broader credibility. Sorta of a 'false flag' scenario. This is designed to give the perception that something is happening and they have been heard in order to keep a faction that shares interests from coordinating their efforts and continuing to move forward in with those efforts.

He also said that the end goal of all this is to drag it out long enough that these $$ people resume their regular routine and business activities and it eventually cools down...

Sounds a little like what is already happening.

How is it possible that we are actually living in this world where the athletics director at a major university is actively working to destroy things? I honestly can’t believe this is even possible.

SIAP, but with all due respect to Highsmith, why all the hype of hiring him for a Chief of Staff position? I mean aside from him being a Cane alum and all.

His experience has solely been in the personnel department in the NFL. No coaching evaluation. Will he be a recruiting coordinator? Does it make sense to add another chef into the chaotic kitchen that is currently Miami football?

The sad truth is, Blake needs to be fired and a capable, experienced AD needs to be brought in. Until this is done, nothing will change.

Advertisement
Back