Latest on Highsmith

So basically you want to employ a HC to not be a HC? Why? Just fire him and get a real coach.

Zo has to fire this clown first order of business, otherwise hes just another patsy.

Not true. Zo would be better off taking a year to evaluate the whole operation in person and getting his fee under him than he would firing Manny at this point of the coaching turnover cycle. Unless somehow he could pull a nearly full staff from somewhere else......

Advertisement
1.) Like many have already said, I doubt he would take this job if he would have to answer to Manny.
2.) But if I am wrong and that is the case, then I rather him just not even take the job. What's the point? It could be a potential disaster if everything has to go through/by Mandy.

But if he calls all the shots, it could be huge. Lets hope, because I am hopeful what his first move would be ...

Agreed. **** answering to incompetent *** Manure. Highsmith has way more experience with evaluating players and personnel. A decision to have Highsmith answer to Manure is more good ole boy phuckery.

Everything in CFB is short term nowadays....

If Alonzo can come in and turn Miami around-- he could become GM of any Pro team in America...

Slow down on that one little cowpoke.

He won't so much as get a sniff s NFL GM.

AND...that is why he MIGHT consider Miami. If he is on the outs in Cleveland with no other seat waiting for him, he may have realized his window to get a GM nod has not only closed, but slammed shut.

Miami might actually be his lifeline for his passion in life.

100% pure speculation on my part, but is it?

Advertisement
I have deep seeded hatred of him as a HC because he is ruining my program it’s nothing personal. it was a major mistake hiring him in the first place cut your losses and move on but I agree they won’t.

Im sure he is probably a good person but he seriously sucks as a HC.

Deep seated hatred is personal, man. It's not really personally your program, though as a fan I know where you are coming from. It's not like he intentionally set out to sabotage the program. He was on his way to Temple this time last year. He should not have been hired to begin with. Let him learn ojt at another lesser program not here. But as a fan I root for success of the team which includes whoever the HC is.

Wow! I thought this Highsmith thing was complete BS! This is good, man I mean this is great! For the program, recruiting, personnel, accountability, and the list goes on! Let’s GO CANES!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Deep seated hatred is personal, man. It's not really personally your program, though as a fan I know where you are coming from. It's not like he intentionally set out to sabotage the program. He was on his way to Temple this time last year. He should not have been hired to begin with. Let him learn ojt at another lesser program not here. But as a fan I root for success of the team which includes whoever the HC is.

Same here.
I remember lots of folks spewed some hate towards Shannon for some of the mess he created.
But I never hated him, he took on a job, did the best he could and simply failed.
However, my anger knows no bounds with what Shalala, Paul Dee and the other flunkie ADs did to this program.

Not true. Zo would be better off taking a year to evaluate the whole operation in person and getting his fee under him than he would firing Manny at this point of the coaching turnover cycle. Unless somehow he could pull a nearly full staff from somewhere else......

Nope

tenor (48).gif

The more I think about this potential hire, the more I wonder if its just a PR move by UM to further placate the fanbase.
I think that if Alonzo does not take the job that it was a PR move so they can say they tried. If he does take the job (if it’s even an offer that exists) there is no way he is taking any window dressing job if you know Alonzo even at a minimum level

Advertisement
Same here.
I remember lots of folks spewed some hate towards Shannon for some of the mess he created.
But I never hated him, he took on a job, did the best he could and simply failed.
However, my anger knows no bounds with what Shalala, Paul Dee and the other flunkie ADs did to this program.

Didn't care much for the female hobbit either. Dee I am indifferent to. I thought he was better than Blake though.

Advertisement
This needs to happen!! Just has to.

A smart institution wouldn't have waited 15 years to fix this. All they had to do is look down US 1 into down town and see how the Heat run their organization. They bring in the smart people like Battier, Alonzo, Andy and others to support Pat & Spoelstra.

Not some idiot with no experience or knowledge on how to run a football program.

Miami is a Ferrari that people at Miami stopped changing the tires, oil, etc. The University would benefit $$$millions if they took care of this brand and wouldn't have to rely on Blake boy to get funds.

Blake gets funds. Good. That is a strength. Now complement his weaknesses by getting him Alonzo. Complement any weaknesses Alonzo has with someone who has strengths in whatever that is, etc.

This needs to be run like a professional organization. You will need someone who will help players market themselves, etc when that rule comes into play. This is not about education. They have been making it about education the last 15 years and we are living with those results.

The more I think about this potential hire, the more I wonder if its just a PR move by UM to further placate the fanbase.

Let's just call it like it is. Whether it's Highsmith or Bill Walsh, if this mythical position reports to the clown show that is Blake James and can't make decisions WITHOUT that imbecile's approval.....then this hire is just a dog and pony show that many of the DBJ morons will eat up but the rest of us will know spells the end of this program.

BLAKE JAMES TIES TO THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM MUST BE SEVERED. PERIOD.

Let's just call it like it is. Whether it's Highsmith or Bill Walsh, if this mythical position reports to the clown show that is Blake James and can't make decisions WITHOUT that imbecile's approval.....then this hire is just a dog and pony show that many of the DBJ morons will eat up but the rest of us will know spells the end of this program.

BLAKE JAMES TIES TO THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM MUST BE SEVERED. PERIOD.
No way in **** Alonzo takes the job knowing he would have to report to that quivering ***** Flake.

Advertisement
Back