Latest on Highsmith

Quick question...

How would Alonzo help with recruiting, other than on campus hosting/meet&greets.

Wouldn't he be prohibited from in-home visits and school contacts?
Not sure if he'd be allowed to visit recruits and don't even know that he should, but he is a professional football evaluator, and has been for years. He would help Manny or whoever is the HC, identify talent and character.

Advertisement
IMO the hold up is making sure we will commit funds to fire Manny along with the entire staff.

Zo isn't coming here to babysit Manny.

Of course not. He will want to see from the inside out what is going on. That takes time. I am sure funds have to factor in to make personnel decisions in future.

I can see us now being in play for a big time OC. One that can bring solid assistants and possibly has prior HC experience.

Manny can just focus on defense and being salesman for program. He's good interviewing and selling hype. He is good at defense. The next OC could also possibly be next HC candidate here.

So basically you want to employ a HC to not be a HC? Why? Just fire him and get a real coach.

Zo has to fire this clown first order of business, otherwise hes just another patsy.

Advertisement
I’m not sure why people continue to defend Lispy at every possible turn. The guy deserves to fired after this disastrous season and it was a mistake hiring him in the first place. There is nothing in his resume which would indicate he has what it takes to turn this thing around.

So you think he will be fired on day 1? Not necessarily defending him. Just being realistic. I don't have this deep seated hatred of the guy like some of you. I am sure Zo doesn't either.

Agreed. You give him an off-season to correct the issues, and if it doesn't work his a$$ his canned.
One thing's for sure, it's time for a culture change. Alonzo better not allow the sideline dances and the ridiculous trinkets. Accountability from the HC on down. No more players going through the motions.

ENEX8vJUUAAxBAJ

As long as he doesn’t put the cart before the horse.... Stop talking players all the time when we’re losing to ******* FIU, Duke, and LT. Our problems start and end with coaching.

See UF.

We need the right driver.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If they hire Zo, it will go a long way in answering that question. Zo isn't coming here to be a figurehead or handle P.R. If he's coming, I'm sure he's going to tell the hire ups what it's going to take to get this program back on track
I am sure that he is coming to absolutely make the U football team competitive in every conceivable way. Much credit to Richt for beginning the facilities refurb, but Lo is coming to make us unapologetically competitive with the best teams in the country.

Quick question...

How would Alonzo help with recruiting, other than on campus hosting/meet&greets.

Wouldn't he be prohibited from in-home visits and school contacts?

I'll turn that around on you....

Let's pretend for a moment Saban became our Director of Football operations--- do you think he would need to go meet recruits to get recruits to come to Miami?

Man it's about the reputation and connection the dude has...

He would also lure the best assitants and coordinators to Miami who want to set up their careers for the pros....

The possibilities are endless.....

They should pay him whatever he wants....

Miami would be making $100million per revenues like OSU....

Advertisement
I want this to happen. Please.

that said. This feels like a circular firing squad thing. Gruden lite.

ferman brings up a good idea, beats drum for weeks. Alonzo posts some things and let’s word get out he wants it.

miami ***** the bed pressure rises again on fake James.

black Monday comes, changes in nfl including Cleveland.

flake James gets on radio, admits he’s heard the noise on Zo

good reporters in two cities put two and two together, board goes wild.

a poster claims he knows it is happening, People get more ramped up. Self fulfilling prophecy and all.....

except then it doesn’t happen. Again.

hope I’m wrong.

I'll turn that around on you....

Let's pretend for a moment Saban became our Director of Football operations--- do you think he would need to go meet recruits to get recruits to come to Miami?

Man it's about the reputation and connection the dude has...

He would also lure the best assitants and coordinators to Miami who want to set up their careers for the pros....

The possibilities are endless.....

They should pay him whatever he wants....

Miami would be making $100million per revenues like OSU....

It runs the risk of a short term fix that fades after few years. In the NFL, hardly anyone can name Super Bowl winning GMs, vs coaches and players.

Guess who is mostly responsible for those wins from and organizational perspective?

Advertisement
So you think he will be fired on day 1? Not necessarily defending him. Just being realistic. I don't have this deep seated hatred of the guy like some of you. I am sure Zo doesn't either.

I have deep seeded hatred of him as a HC because he is ruining my program it’s nothing personal. it was a major mistake hiring him in the first place cut your losses and move on but I agree they won’t.

Im sure he is probably a good person but he seriously sucks as a HC.

It runs the risk of a short term fix that fades after few years. In the NFL, hardly anyone can name Super Bowl winning GMs, vs coaches and players.

Guess who is mostly responsible for those wins from and organizational perspective?

Everything in CFB is short term nowadays....

If Alonzo can come in and turn Miami around-- he could become GM of any Pro team in America...

Advertisement
Back