Latest from Big 10

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25719

Meeting today for decision on upcoming season. Have a relative in football ops at OSU, two new proposals:
Cancel fall football
Start season September 26, instead of first week of September. Additionally the power 5s tried to assemble a coalition months ago for a united approach and egos got in the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Meeting today for decision on upcoming season. Have a relative in football ops at OSU, two proposals:
Cancel fall football
Start season September 26, instead of first week of September. Additionally the power 5s tried to assemble a coalition months ago for a united approach and egos got in the way.

The difference between starting the season at the beginning of September or the end of September is what?

Advertisement
The difference between starting the season at the beginning of September or the end of September is what?
Regroup from original plan to start season in early September. He did say there are many moving parts in the deal, yesterday it was all but dead, today trying to wean off ventilator.

Meeting today for decision on upcoming season. Have a relative in football ops at OSU, two new proposals:
Cancel fall football
Hard to imagine egos getting in the way. Really?

Advertisement
I think the Big 10 realized they don't want to be the first and/or only conference to shut it down. They'll buy time. Let the Pac-12 ***** out first.

Advertisement
3-4 more weeks to see if things die down a little. They are just delaying having to make a tough decision.
this. you cant uncancel once you cancel. you can delay the decision as long as you want before a snap is played (even up to the second before if were being literal).

I would imagine the ones that want to cancel were the ones squeaking to the coronabro media turds circling the wagons yesterday tying to take the season down by all of the 'reports' to get the momentum in their favor. I am so glad it swung back. Clowns never learn.
This has nothing to do with the media. Ohio State is going to turn down $120 million in revenue because of what the media thinks!

This has nothing to do with the media. Ohio State is going to turn down $120 million in revenue because of what the media thinks!

i find it hilarious that people think this way. its all to do with the potential school crippling lawsuits with dealing with somethign that has never been dealt with here. we havent seen covid litigation yet since its still going on. the potential for the suits to come out of covid are insane (beyond CFB). the best course would likely be delay and see what happens between now and september 26th

Advertisement
i find it hilarious that people think this way. its all to do with the potential school crippling lawsuits with dealing with somethign that has never been dealt with here. we havent seen covid litigation yet since its still going on. the potential for the suits to come out of covid are insane (beyond CFB). the best course would likely be delay and see what happens between now and september 26th
Can eye Sue somebody when aye get the flu?

Facing huge scrutiny and having their name plastered on every paper because a player died will make them a bit risk averse. Along with the permanent damage that they'll face from people having a bad perception of them.

And that is why OSU, Iowa, Michigan and Nebraska said we will find a way to play if the Big 10 cancels.
so as nebraska just found out, its very hard. their rights are owned by the tv networks that are in partnerships with the b10. i think pete thamel or another person just wrote about it. it isnt as easy as scott frost made it seem in his bravado presser yesterday. i would love to see an ACC with OSU and Mich tho. dont care for nebraska and iowa lol.

Advertisement
Back